Chapter 1-Her Story

A new love can heal an old one

Eighth grade in Shinhye's POV

Today is the day. I'm finally going to tell him how I feel on the last day of school. Next year we'll be freshmen and hopefully next year we'll be together. I run towards the bus stop where Daehyun and I always meet up after school. A smile stretches across my face from ear to ear. There he was plopped on his seat waiting for me. I sneak up from behind him to give him the usual scare.

I tap his shoulders, "Daehyun! I'm here!" But as usual he never gets scared. That's probably because I do it everyday.

"You seem happy today, why is that?"

"Because today I'm going to finally tell you something. Something that I've been keeping from you for a long time now."

"What is that? You kept a secret from me? Well you better hurry up I'm waiting for someone."

"I'm here already."

"No someone else. So make it quick." Whoever he waited for seemed important. He didn't seem focused to hear what I had to say at all. No! I won't lose my chance! It has to be today!

"Ahn Daehyun! Saranghaeyo!" I finally told him. My eyes were shut closed so that it would be easier for me to confess. He finally knows how I feel. Slowly as I open my eyes no one sat on the bench with me. I'm alone. "Where did you go?"

End of POV

In the beginning of summer break she heard the news from her friend that Daehyun has been seeing this hot chick from a private school. He did hear her confession but chose to leave right after. This way he thought she'll get over the insane idea of them being together. To him she was just a friend who followed him everyday. She didn't mean much to him as he meant to her.

Two Years Later...

"ShinHye! You coming to that party tonight? It is a FRIDAY!!!" Her best friend Kang SooRim nudges her arm. They walk home together as always. Her friend took this opportunity because there was hardly a day ShinHye was never in the library right after school.

"I can't I'm busy with homework. Maybe next time." She rejects her.

"Oh come on you liar! Everyone knows you finished all the homework due next class and the class after that! You have nothing to do tonight!"

"You don't know that! I might have to help my parents on some stuff."

"Stuff like what?"

"Important stuff! Just leave me alone!" She brushed her off as she headed up the stairs of her apartment.

"Alright 4.0 freak! I'll see you next week!" They waved goodbye.

"Hey ShinHye you're home early today! No library studies?" Her mom washes the dishes.

"No I finished all of my work. Is there anything you need help on?" ShinHye tries to lend a hand but her mom pushes her away.

"No you've worked hard enough. Go out! Have some fun with your friend! I heard you guys talking about tonight, a party sounds like fun!" Even her mom wants her out of the house.

"I don't need to go this party I can stay with you and appa," she plopped herself on the couch.

"But there might be cute boys there! For once you'll meet a guy, fall in love-"

"Who cares about love! I have no time for that! In fact I think there might be a test next week I should go study!" She blew up at her mother once she heard about that topic. She kept telling herself that. Love is ridiculous. All you get is a broken heart.

Hours later her friend barged into ShinHye's room.

"I'm not taking no for an answer! You are dressing up and going to this party with me!" SooRim had a fiary look in her eyes.

"Omma!" ShinHye called her in.

"I agree with her ShinHye! Go out or you're grounded!"

"What the hell?!" ShinHye couldn't believe she'll get punished for not having fun. Just like that ShinHye and SooRim go out to this big party the entire school seems to be at. Who knows maybe she'll lighten up a little.