Chapter2

Cosa Nostra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yoong we have to go now” Yul harsly  breaks into the room. The younger man inside startled a bit by the sudden appearance of him. Yoong was doing some document related to the cooperation with the South Korea’s Ministry of defense when Yul came. The young don can sense the panic from Yul’s voice and it makes him feels unease.

“What’s wrong, hyung?”

“Your sister, Nana..” Yoong abruptly stand from his seat and run out side with Yul following him behind. The mention of his sister’s name can only mean one thing to him, trouble. His sister is entering her adolescent stage of her life, the moment when the curiosity could kill her. She involved herself in everything, party, clubbing, drunk, and the worst is she took drugs.

It’s a big failure of him, since the death of both his parents, Nana was in her care. The first time he found out her addiction, it was the same time as the first time he slap her. It’s a shame, not only to her or him, but it is a shame of the Im family. The Im never want to involved in drug, even when they’re a top mafia family, they never touch drug. But now, their own youngest child is drug addict.

When they arrived at one of Nana’s friend’s apartment, it was a chaos in front of the apartment’s door.  He can see Sunny and her workers who are trying to break the door. When Sunny aware of their presence, she turns to face Yoong.

“She’s inside. Drug party” she reports to him while waiting the door to open. The blaring sound of music inside can be heard clearly from the outside along with a random screaming. His worry is pushed to its limit, he can feels something wrong is happening to her. She only brought trouble to him, but he cannot lose her, she’s the only family he has.

Finally, the door opened. Yoong, Yul, and Sunny enter the room which is a totally mess, some lay on the floor while giggling by themselves, some dancing around mindlessly, some using the drug or making out together. The three are searching for a familiar figure while the underlings are guarding the entrance.

And suddenly, a picture of his sister came into his sight. She’s laying at the corner of the room, shaking vigorously and breathing heavily. He can see how her chest going up and down trying to catch breath and how blue her lips. And he can see how vulnerable she is.

“Nana!!” He abruptly runs to her and kneel down beside her. He takes her hand in his palms while keep shouting her name. Sunny and Yul who hears his shout approach him and gasp when they see Nana’s condition. The body slowly stop shaking while the tears start to flow from Yoong’s eyes. And when she let out her last breath, he only can hug tightly her, his dear little sister.

The memory of 5years ago was cut when the door of his office opened. He was sitting on his chair and enjoying his cigarette when suddenly the memory of how his 17yearold sister death because of overdose came into his mind, it flashed like an old projector to him, he can still feel the pain, the depression, and anger. Until now, he still cannot forgive the stupid 20yearold him who didn’t do anything to help his sister.

“Yoongie” Jessica calls him when she saw that he is in daze. She enters the office room and walk to him hesitantly. She sits on his lap while taking the cigarette from his lips before placing it between her lips. The silence engulf them when she’s inhaling the smokes and he’s staring at her. Suddenly, she put down the cigarette to the ashtray before hug him.

He encircles his arms on her waist to prevent her from falling because she starts to tremble. He still didn’t have any idea of what’s going on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter