Chapter 17 Kiho's Visit

Our Family Story

 

 

“I don’t want you to go,” mumbled Kyuhyun as he buried his face in Siwon’s neck.

 

They were still beneath their covers, having just woke up due to Siwon’s alarm.

 

Upon hearing it, Kyuhyun had immediately rolled over and grasped Siwon, claiming him as he wiggled on top of him.

 

“Kyu,” sighed Siwon as one of his hands found the back of Kyuhyun’s locks. He didn’t want to leave either. He loved the warmth of his husband’s body so close to his and he was willing to sacrifice just about anything to have it, except them being destitute.

 

“Can’t you just continue working from home?” he whispered against Siwon’s neck.

 

“You know I would if I could, but I’ve already pushed going back twice now. First it was telecommuting, then it was only going in a few times a week. If I don’t go back now full time, I’ll be fired,” said Siwon with a chuckle.

 

Kyuhyun planted kisses against Siwon’s neck, moving to the mound of his Adam’s apple. Siwon knew what he was trying to do.

 

“Baby, please,” he sighed closing his eyes. “The CEO will personally come here and drag me out of this bed.”

 

“I’d like to see him try,” said Kyuhyun with a smirk as he placed another gentle kiss on Siwon’s smooth skin.

 

“He’s a really kind man, but I wouldn’t put it past him.”

 

“But how can you pass up staying in this warm bed with me…and my lips,” smiled Kyuhyun as he moved down to kiss Siwon’s collarbone.

 

“You're right, it is tempting,” breathed Siwon as his tongue ran out against his bottom lip. “But if I don’t move now…I never will.”

 

“I know,” chirped Kyuhyun as he now moved up to kiss the strong curve of Siwon’s jaw.

 

Siwon felt the entire right side of his body tingle as Kyuhyun kissed up his cheek and finally to his mouth.

 

“You do like being able to feed our daughter, right?” laughed Siwon.

 

“Mmmmm,” contemplated Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyu!” laughed Siwon as he hugged him tight.

 

“Just kidding,” said Kyuhyun with a smile as he buried his face again. He loved the deep masculine scent that was Siwon, and it was proving hard to let him go.

 

Siwon ran his fingers up and down Kyuhyun’s bare skin as he tried to convince himself to move. He didn’t want to admit that Kyuhyun’s plan was actually working on him.

 

But he knew that if he didn’t move now, he would be pinned to this mattress all day.

 

“Don’t hate me,” Siwon groaned as he pulled away from Kyuhyun’s warm embrace and kisses.

 

Kyuhyun whined as Siwon left him alone on the mattress, reaching out to grasp him, but Siwon was too quick to move out of the way.

 

“You’re mean,” he huffed with a pout.

 

Siwon just grinned as he disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Kyuhyun rolled over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. He tried to think about what he would do with his day. Obviously Daerim would take up a big part of it, but maybe he could find time to clean a bit, work on his music, and hopefully cook Siwon a nice meal upon his return.

 

He smiled realizing Choi Siwon was the only man that could have ever turned him into a willing housewife.

 

But as he spread his limbs out on the still warm mattress he soon found a comfortable position and almost drifted back to sleep.

 

Feeling Siwon’s lips upon his brought him back into the world.

 

Seeing him dressed in his best fitting dark grey suit, Kyuhyun quickly tried to rise.

 

“No, stay in bed, Daerim won’t be awake for at least another hour,” Siwon gently whispered.

 

“But you’re leaving,” insisted Kyuhyun still trying to rise.

 

“I’ll just say goodbye now,” said Siwon giving him another kiss.

 

Kyuhyun was about to speak again, but Siwon stopped him with another kiss.

 

“Just enjoy the next bit of sleep and I’ll call you when you wake up, okay?” said Siwon, his thumb caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek.

 

Kyuhyun barely nodded as he watched Siwon stand up straight and pull the covers back over him.

 

“I’ll see you this evening baby, I love you,” he said with a smile.

 

“I love you too Wonnie,” Kyuhyun breathed as he rolled over on to his side, determined to not even waste the next few moments he had with him with a single blink.

 

He watched Siwon finally disappear from their room with a touch of sadness in his heart.

 

When Siwon exited their room he quietly crept into Daerim’s nursery to say goodbye to her as well.

 

She was still sleeping on her back, her head tilted to the side as her small chest rose and fell with each breath.

 

“Goodbye my sweet Daerim-ah. Appa loves you,” he barely whispered as he her feather soft hair.

 

She didn’t even stir as he slowly took away his hand and then backed out of the room.

 

When he walked to the front door, he slipped on his work shoes and grabbed his briefcase, a little sad himself to be starting his old routine again, because this time he had to say goodbye twice.

 

But knowing he wanted to provide for his family made him grasp the door handle and leave as quietly as possible.

 

At wasn’t too long after Siwon left that the house began to stir. Daerim cried, as she did every morning, needing to be fed and changed. Kyuhyun rose to take care of her, deciding to take his time and enjoy his daughter through what would be a very long day.

 

After she was changed and fed, Kyuhyun walked around with Daerim for a bit before placing her on a soft mat that was in the middle of their living room floor so that she could rest on her tummy.

 

While she was preoccupied before him, playing with one of her toys,  Kyuhyun decided to do a little bit of cleaning. As he busied himself, while still keeping an eye on Daerim, he was shocked to hear the doorbell ring.

 

No one had said that they were coming for a visit today, so he had no idea who it could have been.

 

He paused turning towards the door and then glancing at Daerim. She was still preoccupied with her toy, so he walked towards the door and checked the security camera.

 

Seeing Siwon’s father standing there made him even more confused.

 

Upon opening the door, he bowed.

 

“Abeonim,” he said when he looked back at him. “What a surprise. Come in please.”

 

“Thank you Kyuhyun-ah,” said Kiho with a nod.

 

He took off his shoes before proceeding inside as Kyuhyun’s mind began to race.

 

Kiho was here, but Siwon wasn’t. He had never been alone with Kiho before.

 

“Can I get you anything? Water, tea? Or could I make you something to eat?” tried Kyuhyun.

 

“No, I’m fine thank you,” said Kiho with a small smile.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and then it was quite for a few moments.

 

“Uh, abeonim, Siwon went back to work full time today. You actually just missed him by about an hour. I’m sure if you called his office—

 

“I’m not here to see Siwon,” said Kiho calmly.

 

“Ah…okay. Well, I’m a little confused then,” said Kyuhyun slowly.

 

“I’m here to see you Kyuhyun-ah, not my son,” explained Kiho.

 

“Me?” asked Kyuhyun, his eyes growing.

 

“May I sit down?” asked Kiho motioning to the couch.

 

“Oh, yes, please, I’m sorry,” said Kyuhyun ushering him over to take a seat.

 

It was now that Kiho saw Daerim.

 

“Hello Daerim-ah.  Long time no see,” he said with a warm smile.

 

Daerim looked up at him as he took a seat in front of her.

 

Kyuhyun sat down opposite him and watched him lean forward to gently cup her chin.

 

“She’s looking more and more like you the older she gets,” he said looking over at Kyuhyun.

 

“Thank you,” he said shyly.

 

“May I?” he asked nodding towards her.

 

Kyuhyun nodded eagerly, “Yes, of course, go ahead.”

 

Kiho lifted Daerim up, making her stand on his legs in front of him.

 

As he smiled at her, Daerim’s face slowly fell and she being whimpering. Those whimpers quickly gave way to tears as she reached out for Kyuhyun to hold her.

 

Kyuhyun’s cheeks flushed in embarrassment as he leaned forward to take Daerim in his arms.

 

“I’m so sorry abeonim. I have no idea what’s gotten into her. She usually does well with str—I mean, with everyone,” Kyuhyun said quickly, cringing with his choice of words.

 

Kiho nodded as he looked down.

 

“Don’t apologize Kyuhyun-ah, it’s not your or her fault. It’s mine,” he started.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head as he patted Daerim’s back to soothe her cries. “I don’t understand.”

 

“I’m sure that when my wife or daughter holds her she’s happy. As I’m sure when your father holds her, she’s happy. I haven’t been a stable presence in her life, so I understand why it is that she’s uncomfortable with me.”

 

“We…we understand why that is abeonim, it’s…it’s fine, please don’t apologize.”

 

“No, it’s not. I was fool to think this would work,” he mumbled as he stood up.

 

“Wait, abeonim, you don’t have to leave,” said Kyuhyun standing up to stop him.

 

Kiho paused as he felt Kyuhyun’s hand on his arm.

 

“You said that you were here to see me…well, I’m sure you didn’t mean just for two minutes,” said Kyuhyun softly.

 

Kiho sighed and then gave a nod. He followed Kyuhyun’s lead and returned back to his seat.

 

Daerim lay her head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, her arm gripping his shirt tightly in her little fist as she eyed Kiho.

 

It was quiet for a few moments once again, Kyuhyun not being sure what to do.

 

“Are…are you sure you don’t want me to call Siwon?” he tried again.

 

“No. As I said, the reason I came here today is because it’s becoming more and more apparent that you and I need to have a talk.”

 

Kyuhyun swallowed hard.

 

“Okay,” he started. “How was the Philippines?”

 

Kiho chuckled, “They were fine Kyuhyun-ah. Thank you for asking, but that’s not exactly what I meant.”

 

“Oh,” said Kyuhyun sheepishly.

 

“I want to ask you a question Kyuhyun-ah, and I need you to answer honestly,” said Kiho as he looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, waiting for Kiho’s next words to come out.

 

“Why are you afraid of me?” he asked sincerely.

 

Kyuhyun blinked and then coughed.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“I can tell, even now as you sit there, that you’re afraid of me. You’re holding Daerim-ah tighter than she’s holding you.”

 

Kyuhyun glanced down at Daerim and then loosened his arms a little.

 

“I’m not afraid of you abeonim,” he said with a small frown as he shook his head.

 

“Really? Then what is this then?”

 

“You…you hate me,” said Kyuhyun softly.

 

Kiho frowned, hurt deeply by these words.

 

Hate? Why would you ever think that Kyuhyun-ah?”

 

“Because after all of these years that Siwon and I have been together, you’ve never embraced our relationship.  I almost ruined your relationship with Siwon. And you’ve never spoken to me alone like this. What was I supposed to think?”

 

Kiho exhaled deeply. He sat there for a few moments, trying to gather what he wanted to say. When he finally spoke, he looked back into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“Please imagine what it was like for me to have to hear that my one son…my pride, my baby boy, loved another man. In one second, it seemed like every hope and dream that I had for him went up in flames.

 

Kyuhyun swallowed hard as these words sunk in.

 

“I knew no other way to react than to be angry. Angry with you, him, myself, even with G-d. But now, looking back to be honest…I was more scared than angry.”

 

“Scared why?” murmured Kyuhyun.

 

“I was scared that it would become public news that you two were a couple and that if you were to part ways, he’d be a marked man forever. He would never be able to hold his head up with pride, he would never have a career, a family…all the things that I wanted for him. Not to mention, all of my life, I’ve been told it’s inherently wrong.  I didn’t know what to do, so I thought that if I pressured him, he would see the error of this choice he had made.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed. All of this time, he had been on one side of this situation, almost an outsider looking in. He hadn’t been able to understand why Siwon’s father had been so severe with the two of them. Hearing now that his actions were based out of fear rather than complete hate didn’t exactly make everything okay, just…different.
 

“Now, I really blame myself because I never thought…throughout any of it, that there were actual feelings he felt for you. I think it’s just the ignorance in my heart, I just couldn’t believe that a man could genuinely love another man. I thought it was a phase that he would eventually lose the taste for. So I distanced myself from you as well.”

 

Kyuhyun his lips as he looked down. It stung a little to think Kiho never even took their love seriously, when both of them knew from the very beginning it had been real.

 

“But you know? It wasn’t just risk of my son’s life being ruined that had me terrified.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eye brow cocked.

 

“Quite frankly, I was a little afraid of you. I thought…who is this man that’s turned my boy’s world upside down?”

 

Kiho chuckled in recollection, making Kyuhyun’s stoic expression soften a little.

 

“This is all to say that in the last year, I’ve been confronted with the real possibility of losing my son. And I’ve had to come to terms about a lot of things in my own personal journey. I’ve realized that if I want to continue to grow as a spiritual being, I have to learn to love and accept. I’ve always loved my son and I think that now I’ve come to terms with accepting his life. So I want to start that with you Kyuhyun-ah. I know that I’ve never shown a warm side to you, but I hope that you’ll be open to giving me the chance to do that. As I’ve said, I’ve missed out on the last year of my son’s life, years of getting to know you, and I don’t want to continue that tradition with my granddaughter,” said Kiho earnestly.

 

“And seeing the way that the two of you have come together to form this supportive and loving marriage that’s developed into a beautiful family. My wish for my son couldn’t have manifested itself in a more wonderful way.”

 

Kyuhyun was now completely blown away. He had not expected any of this to come from Kiho, although it was exactly what he had wanted for so many years.

 

“Ooowwwhh-mmmphhhh.”

 

He glanced down at Daerim in his arms, she was fussing again as she rubbed her hands in her eyes. She needed a nap.

 

“Uh, c-can you excuse me for minute Abeonim? I need to put Daerim down for her nap,” he said already standing up.

 

“Of course,” said Kiho leaning back against the sofa.

 

Kyuhyun walked past him and down the hall to Daerim’s nursery. Once inside, he pushed the door almost closed with his foot and then put his daughter down in her crib.

 

He rested both of his hands on the edge of the crib as he gazed down at her. She stretched out her limbs and yawned, still fighting the feeling she had. But it wasn’t long before her eyes finally closed for good. In those minutes, Kyuhyun tried so hard to figure out how to handle this. Part of him wanted to rush back in and just hug him, thank him for finally coming to terms with this and making everyone’s lives better. But then part of him knew nothing was ever that easy. No matter what he said, Kiho would always have trouble seeing Siwon and Kyuhyun truly as man and husband. Could he really accept this olive branch alone? Shouldn’t Siwon have some say in it as well?

 

Kyuhyun’s phone suddenly started ringing. He fumbled for it in his pocket, backing away from Daerim’s crib so as not to wake her as he answered it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Baby it’s me.”

 

“Siwon?”

 

Fifteen minutes ago….

 

            Siwon was sitting at his desk, back in the old office that he had left months ago. Although he was excited to finally get back to what he was good at, the truth is, he missed his family.

 

As he closed down an open document he found himself staring at his phone. He smirked, reaching for it only to open the photo app on the home screen. Thumbing his way through his collection of photos, images of his love and his precious baby girl floated by. So many cute moments had happened in the last three months and he was a little sad to think now about all the things he was going to miss being away from them for so long each day.

 

Knowing this wasn’t the best mood to get in only a few hours into his day, he put his phone aside and turned to go back to his computer, when it suddenly began ringing.

 

His heart fluttered, hoping that maybe Kyuhyun had been thinking about him too.

 

He was only slightly disappointed to see his parents’ home number on the screen.

 

“Hello?” he asked, though he knew it was probably his mother.

 

“Siwon-ah, good morning. How are you?” asked his mother’s bright voice.

 

“I’m well eomma. And you?”

 

“I’m good as well. I was calling to see how things went with your appa,” she said, her voice a little hesitant.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Siwon with a puzzled expression.

 

“Well, he was supposed to come over to speak to you and Kyuhyun. He left an hour ago, I assumed he would have made it to your apartment by now.”

 

“Eomma, I started going back to work full time today. I thought I mentioned that yesterday,” said Siwon, still confused.

 

“Oh right!” his mother exclaimed.

 

“Appa should have known that as well, we had a discussion about it last week,” said Siwon.

 

“Hmm, well, he did say that it was more about Kyuhyun than anything,” she said more so to herself.

 

“What do you mean ‘more about Kyuhyun’?”

 

“He didn’t really tell me much dear, just that he wanted to talk about his relationship with Kyuhyun.”

 

“Without me there?! He wanted to talk to my husband about the hell he’s put him through all these years when he knew I wouldn’t be there?!” asked Siwon incredulously.

 

“Siwon-ah, calm down, it’s not like that at all. He just wants to clear the air of all the tension—

 

“That he’s created eomma. He’s never been kind to Kyuhyun, and only just now has he been civil. Not to mention, they’ve never been alone together, I can only imagine the stress this is putting on Kyu right now.”

 

“Do you want me to call your father and ask him to leave?”

 

“No, no…I’ll just go there myself, I’ll take my lunch break now,” sighed Siwon as he stood up.

 

“Siwon-ah, please don’t overreact. Your father and you already had a talk like this of your own. I know it didn’t completely fix things, but you all have been doing so well. I really don’t think he would knowingly jeopardize your relation by insulting Kyuhyun.”

 

“I understand eomma, but I would still feel better talking to Kyu myself. Thank you for calling me, but I have to go now. I’ll call you later this evening. Have a great day.”

 

“You too Siwon-ah. Good luck,” she said softly.

 

When Siwon finished the call, he grabbed his belongings and then headed straight out of his office.

 

Giving his secretary a quick explanation as to what to do in his short absence, he made his way to the elevators and then down to the parking garage.

 

Once in his car, he quickly dialed Kyuhyun’s phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

He heard Kyuhyun’s hushed voice.

 

“Baby, it’s me.”

 

“Siwon?” asked Kyuhyun in a soft voice again. “Why are you calling? Is something wrong?”

 

“Why are you whispering?”

 

“I just put Daerim down for a nap and I’m still in the room with her.”

 

“Ah. Well, baby, my mother just called me and said that my father was supposed to come by and have a talk with you this morning.”

 

“Mmm-hmm.”

 

“So he did?”

 

“Mmm-hmm”

 

“Well…are you okay?”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“What is it? What did he say to you?” asked Siwon anxiously.

 

“Nothing bad,” said Kyuhyun softly. “Basically that I ruined his dreams for you, but now he doesn’t blame me as much.”

 

“What?!” yelled Siwon.

 

“I was kidding Wonnie,” Kyuhyun whispered with a smile. “Yes, he did let me know why he was never open to you and me being together. But we already knew that. He’s just gotten to the point where he doesn’t want it to ruin his relationship with you anymore or stop him from having one with Daerim. I actually felt really bad for him. She cried when he picked her up…it was a little heartbreaking.”

 

“That’s what happens when you only see her twice in her entire life,” sighed Siwon.

 

“I don’t know what to do Wonnie. He’s still here,” Kyuhyun still whispered, creeping over to the door. “I kind of just left him to put Daerim down. But now I don’t know what to say when I go back. Do I just accept it, right away? I don’t want to hurt him in any way. But I just…wasn’t expecting this today.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m coming now—

 

“Wait—what? No, Wonnie, you're at work, you shouldn’t come all the way home just for this,” said Kyuhyun straightening.

 

“Kyu, I’m already in my car. Don’t worry about it, okay. I’ll be there soon, just...don’t let him leave until I get there, okay?” said Siwon as he started the engine.

 

“Okay,” sighed Kyuhyun. He hadn’t meant for Siwon to get so worked up.

 

“See you soon,” said Siwon and he ended the call so that he could back out of his space.

 

Kyuhyun sighed as he held his phone in his hand, glancing at the now dark screen and then back over at Daerim.

 

Seeing that she had now fallen asleep, he opened the door again and proceeded to walk down the hall again.

 

When he reached the living room, he saw Kiho still sitting on the couch, deep in thought.

 

As Kyuhyun approached the seat that he’d had before his absence, he smiled weakly.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting abeonim,” he said sheepishly. “Sometimes it’s really a struggle to get her down.”

 

Kiho nodded, his fingers rubbing over his mouth as he still appeared to be thinking.

 

Kyuhyun drummed his fingertips across his knees as the silence grew deeper and deeper.

 

“You know Kyuhyun-ah…you don’t have to give me a firm answer now. In fact, it really isn’t a question that I’m asking. It’s something that I’ll have to prove to you over time,” Kiho finally said.

 

Kyuhyun exhaled, nodding himself.

 

“I was hoping this would be a start,” said Kiho motioning to a small white box that Kyuhyun only now realized was sitting on the coffee table.

 

“What is it?” he asked reaching for it, after Kiho gestured for him to do so.

 

“A belated present, for Daerim-ah,” said Kiho.

 

“Oh, but Abeonim, the present that you and eommanim picked out was wonderful, this wasn’t necess—

 

“That was something that my wife found and kindly put both our names on. This is from me,” said Kiho nodding towards the box.

 

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding and then opened the box.

 

Inside lay a delicate gold bracelet with a simple thin golden cross attached length-wise at either end. It was so tiny and beautiful, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile the moment he saw it.

 

“I know that she has you and Siwon-ah as her great protectors, and of course, the rest of her family. But I want her to know that G-d will always be watching over her as well,” said Kiho.

 

“And you,” said Kyuhyun with a soft smile as he looked up at Kiho. “Abeonim, this…this is so kind of you, really. Thank you. I’m very touched.”

 

Kiho smiled, looking down as Kyuhyun’s words resonated with him.

 

It was only a short time later, after the two men had had their first pleasant conversation ever, that Kiho announced it was time for him to leave.

 

“Well, Kyuhyun-ah, it’s been wonderful spending this time with you, but I have a lunch meeting that I must attend,” said Kiho standing up.

 

Kyuhyun’s heart started racing as he glanced at the clock.

 

Kiho began walking towards the front door and retrieved his coat to put on.

 

“Wh—Abeonim! No, you can’t leave yet!” he asked rushing over to Kiho.

 

Kyuhyun almost threw himself in front of the door in a attempt to stop him from opening it.

 

“Why?” asked Kiho, puzzled by Kyuhyun’s actions.

 

“Because…because…uh, you haven’t said goodbye to Daerim!” said Kyuhyun weakly.

 

“There’s no need to wake her, I’ll see her again soon,” said Kiho touching Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

Kyuhyun deflated, “Are you sure I couldn’t make you a snack or something.”
 

“It’s a lunch meeting, remember Kyuhyun?” chuckled Kiho as he put on his shoes.

 

“Coffee? Tea? Water? Just—you can’t leave yet,” he said, the panic still in his voice.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah I’m sorry, but I really do need to go now, so please step aside,” said Kiho reaching for the door handle.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, he couldn’t think of any reason to keep Kiho longer, so he indeed did move.

 

“I hope you have a good meeting Abeonim,” he said softly. “Thank you for coming today, and again for Daerim’s gift.”

 

“You’re very welcome. Thank you for having me,” he said opening the door.

 

They both froze when they saw who was standing there.

 

“Siwon-ah, what are you doing here?” asked Kiho puzzled. “I thought you were returning back to your office this week?”

 

“I was—am. I am, I just—what are you doing here?” he asked still panting as he tried to get his thoughts together.

 

“I came to have a talk with Kyuhyun,” said Kiho motioning back towards Kyuhyun.

 

“When you knew I wouldn’t be here?! Why?! What did you say to him—

 

“Wonnie!” said Kyuhyun rushing forward to hug him.

 

Kyuhyun could sense the tension that was about to build and he didn’t want any of the progress that he had made with Kiho, nor the progress that Kiho and Siwon had made to suddenly go up in flames.

 

Siwon was slightly taken aback by the force with which Kyuhyun hugged him.

 

“It’s okay, really,” Kyuhyun whispered in his ear.

 

When he pulled away from him, Siwon searched Kyuhyun’s eyes for confirmation.

 

When he saw the sincerity filled in Kyuhyun’s brown eyes, he exhaled, letting the pressure he had built up, slowly release.

 

“Sorry, Appa, I…I just didn’t know what to expect when I heard that you had come to see Kyuhyun…given the past between us all,” said Siwon sheepishly.

 

“Your mother being the tiny bird that whispered in your ear, I imagine,” said Kiho with a small smile. “It’s fine Siwon-ah, if anything, it just reaffirms everything Kyuhyun and I spoke about today. I don’t mean to be rude, but I must be going.”

 

Siwon stepped aside as Kiho patted his shoulder and walked out into the hall.

 

“Goodbye Abeonim,” called Kyuhyun after him.

 

“Goodbye,” said Kiho with a wave as he walked towards the elevators.

 

Once he had stepped through the doors, Kyuhyun pulled Siwon into the apartment and closed the door.

 

“So me rushing here was all for…nothing?” asked Siwon slumping his shoulders.

 

“I told you not to come,” said Kyuhyun softly.

 

“But you made me think that with everything he was saying, you were uncomfortable. What did you mean, it’s okay? What did he do after we hung up?”

 

“He gave Daerim this,” said Kyuhyun walking over to the table with pick up the small box.

 

When he handed it to Siwon, he held it in his large hands for a moment before opening it.

 

When he saw what was inside, he slowly smiled.

 

“I really think he wants this Wonnie,” said Kyuhyun rubbing Siwon’s shoulder. “Sure  some of what he said in the beginning hurt me a little, but those were just his honest feelings. He’s come a long way.”

 

Siwon nodded, closing the box, and then looking at Kyuhyun.

 

“Well, as long as you’re comfortable and happy with how things turned out, I guess I can’t really complain,” said Siwon with a nod.

 

“Well since it’s your lunch break and you came all the way here…,” said Kyuhyun slipping his arms around Siwon’s waist.

 

“Really?” asked Siwon with a raised brow. “I was thinking the same thing.”

 

He leaned in and kissed Kyuhyun full on his lips.

 

“MMmmmpphh!” mumbled Kyuhyun breaking free with a laugh.

 

“I meant that I would make you lunch pabo!” he said gripping Siwon’s chin.

 

“Oh, sorry,” he smiled.

 

“Well, maybe you’ll have time for dessert,” said Kyuhyun coyly as he walked into the kitchen.

 

His laughs echoed through the kitchen as Siwon ran up behind him, scooping him up in his arms, planting kisses anywhere he could.