Academy of The Talanted and Gifted

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 5 Academy of The Talented and Gifted

 

Your POV

Bring~~Bring~~Bring~~

My alarm went off at 7 am sharp cutting into my dream. I sat up tiredly with my eyes still half closed. I reached out towards my new alarm clock which was blaring loudly. To my luck I coudn't feel it anywhere near my hand, when I finally did find the annoying gismo I chucked it full force towards the door just as Taemin opened it the check if I was awake. Luckily he ducked just in time to let it smash against the wall behind him.

"Yah! Ara! Don't go throwing things about! Now I have to get you a new alarm clock!" he groaned at the thought of his wasted money.

I stretched out ignoring the outburst from my cousin and then rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes. I looked towards Taemin and said in my usual cold voice...

"Morning Hyung! Now if you don't mind I have to change... SO GET THE OUT OF MY ROOM!" I said getting pissed off by the fact that he was still standing there even though I was awake.

"Hurry and get ready Ara! You have to get to school early to pick up your schedule from the front office! School starts at 8 am sharp do we have to get there in around half an hour" he said before walking out of room and shutting the door gently behind him.

I groaned at the thought of school. I had always hated any school but I still managed to become top student no matter which school I attended, which was surprising by the lack of time I spent with my books.

I looked around my half painted room. Empty paint cans were scattered across the floor and random bits and pieces here and there. A old rags covered in paint blotches hung from my chair which sat untuck infront of my new small black desk.

*Ugh.. looks like I'll have to finish painting after school*

I quickly hoped out of bed and went to take a shower. I then tied my hair in my usual style but this time I styled my bangs a bit so they didn't fall over my eye like I liked it. Taemin thought it gave me to much of a rebellious look when I had to be a quiet nerd.

*I don't like this one bit... those ing police better catch those darn murderers soon. I haven't even gotton to school yet and I already practically hate my new life*

I then put on my new school uniform...

(I wore the one with the black skirt and red jacket)

 

I grabbed my bag with all my books and looked in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs. Once I reached the kitchen I grabbed a piece of toast and a glass of orange juice before heading towards the living room where Taemin was waiting for me.

"We have to leave soon Ara. Finish eating and wear your shoes then we'll leave." he told me. I hurriedly finished eating and went to wear my shoes.

Then with Taemin we hurried out the door and drove to school in his car. School was about a ten minute drive from the dorm. Taemin told me I would probably have to walk to school which would take around fifteen to twenty minutes depending on how fast I was. I didn't mind, I used to walk to school in the States so I was used to it. When we got there, Taemin parked near the school where not many people were so I could walk in by myself so he wouldn't attract any unwanted attention.

I slung my black messenger bag over my shoulder and adjusted my fake nerdy glasses before closing... more like slamming the car door. I turned around and silently waved at Taemin before walking towards the school.

Academy of The Talented and Gifted

The sign above the gate said.

*What the hell is wrong with the name? I better not run into any of those arrogant rich snobs here...*

I took a deep breath to calm down my non-existant nerves and then entered through the gate. As I was walking a couple of students looked at me, because it was so early there weren't that many students around thankfully. I walked into the school building a quickly found the school's office thanks to my wonderful sense of direction. As a walked in a small bell above the door rung and the middle aged woman at the front desk looked up.

She smiled at me warmly in greeting and asked me what I wanted.

"Annyonghaseyo! I'm here to pick up my new schedule. I'm a new student here and today is my first day" I said without smiling but still politely and bowed.

"What is your name dear?" she asked me.

"Lee Ara" I answered back. I heard her type something into the computer and then she handed me my schedule along with a couple of textbooks I would need for my classes today. I bowed at her again in thank you before heading out of the office.

*How much do these people learn?! One textbook weighs a freakin tonne!*

It was already 7.45am and I needed to find my class. I looked at my schedule for today.

 

1st Class English

2nd Class History

3rd Class Science

4th Class Music

5th Class Sport

6th Class Maths

 

I groaned quietly to myself as I read through all the subjects I would have to attend today. I really hate school! I readjusted the strap of my bag before following my map towards my first class. As I was walking there I heard sudden screams emitting from most of the female student population. I turned around to see what the commotion was.

There in the hallway was a group of young good looking guys. I think there were about twelve of them. I cringed as I saw the girls literally throwing themselves at the boys and shouting stupid this like

"Oppa! Marry me!" and "Oppa Saraghae!"

*What is wrong with these girls? Can't they keep their hands to themselves?*

I shuddered at the comments given to the boys. It was like they were the kings and all the other students were the commoners there to do their bidding. I didn't care about them and continued to walk towards my class. Once I found the classroom I entered through the opened door and greeted the teacher inside.

"Annyonghaseyo! I'm Lee Ara! Today is my first day here" I said without smiling followed by a polite bow.

The teacher smiled at me.

"Hello Ara! Welcome to ATG! My name is Mr. Lee" he said is English will smiling.

"Hello Mr. Lee" I answered back in fluent English which made him smile even more.

"I'm glad to finally have a student who already knows how to speak English!" he beamed. "Please take a seat anywhere Ara" then he turned back to the board and continued writing.

*Seriously do none of them speak English here? Oh well just another way I can insult people without them knowing!*

I placed my bag on the floor near my desk and took a seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter