Alone

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 2 Alone

 

Your POV

I turned the corner and was greeted by a sight I had never imagined in my entire life. Sirens were ringing as I reached the top of the hill. Police vans and ambulance vehicles were scattered around the front of my house. There were men in uniforms questioning the neighbors and others were beginning to enter the premises. I looked around for any sign of my parents but I saw none. Maybe they weren't home yet?

My house was a complete wreck. The door looked as if it had been opened by force. It was hanging on its hinges and half broken. Shattered glass from the windows littered the usually clean lawn. Graffiti covered the walls of my expensive villa. Horrible words, insulting my family's name and my parents and their company. There was even some nasty comments about me as well... I can easily handle insults but I hate it when people insult my family and my heritage.

I looked around a bit more hoping to see some sign of my parents.

*I hope they're okay... where are they? Are they not home yet?*

I walked up to one of the policemen on watch and asked him what was going on.

"Excuse my sir" I looked at him expectantly.

He looked down at me and continued to ignore my presense.

*Doesn't he know who I am? He does realise that I live in this house?*

"Look Sir! I understand you are busy but could you please tell me what exactly is going on here?"

"A crime scene is no place for a young lady to be venturing about in. I would suggest you vacate the area now for your safety." he said.

*Crime scene? What exactly was going on and where were my parents?*

"Sir! I happen to live in this house and I would like to know what is going on!" I exclaimed becoming impatient.

"Are you Angela? Daughter of the Mr and Mrs Lee?"

"Yes I am sir. Why do you ask? Has anything happened to my parents? They were meant to arrive back home from China today and should have been back my now."

He suddenly looked solemn. An awkward silence erupted and I was dying to know what happened. Finally he spoke up.

 

"I'm sorry to say Ms Lee but the crime committed was the murder of your parents."

Another moment silence filled the air.

*My parents were murdered? I started to tremble*

It was to much to take. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked steadily at the police man in front of me. I couldn't believe him. It couldn't be true. My parents were just late on arriving and would show up at any moment now.

Any moment soon...

But no one came...

Reality slowly began to process in my mind... my parents had been murdered. I slowly started to become angry...

"Where are they! You're lying! They can't be dead!" I shouted in his face.

I hated to be left in the dark! I hated when people underestimated my level of understanding of serious situations! I hated it when people lied to me or tried to protect me from the truth when I'm fully capable of handling reality myself.

"I'm sorry miss but the dead bodies of your parents were found by the entrance to your house. By the looks of things they were murdered for a reason. Your house was also ransacked and who ever killed your parents also took most of your valuable possessions. I'm really sorry Miss Lee".

That was it. I couldn't take in anymore. I let out a frustrated cry. Reality had hit me so hard that it was just to hard to face. I looked up after what hours to be greeted by the sight of my parents lying stiffly on two stretchers, both covered in while cloths... at the sight of that I wished that I could have died by them but now I was alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter