Chapter 14

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

Kai POV

 

Once the door slammed shut again I crept out from the shadows watching Sehun's backside retreat down the stairs. I sighed in relief that neither had noticed my presence, I was confused about I had just seen. Had my best friend, the ice prince just shown open affection towards someone else? And a girl in fact?! I was officially going crazy, I shook my head ridding myself of such thoughts.

 

*No Kai you aren't going crazy... just misunderstanding the situation... yes there is nothing wrong with that... Ara just needed comfort....yes that's it....*

 

I walked towards the steps, my breaths shaky as I tired to process what had just happened. But wait. Why was my heart beating erratically? Why was my chest hurting so much just from the sight of my best friend hugging Ara? Was it because I was scared of being caught or was it something else...?

 

*Ugh stop over thinking... this means nothing*

 

Taking one more look back towards the rooftop entrance, I exhaled before walking down the steps hoping no one was still on school grounds to see me.

 

 

EXO POV

 

We walked to our favourite bubble tea shop down the road from the school, taking a seat at a large table the shop always reserved for us. We were all still in deep thoughts about what had just happened, the after math. Just seeing Ara so shattered was foriegn, she had always seemed so strong. She was our younger sister, someone we wanted to look out for but someone who would still annoy us and cause us trouble.

"Hey, where are the maknaes?" Luhan asked breaking the solemn atmosphere.

"What are you talking about? I'm right here!" Tao exclaimed covering his chest in fake hurt.

To this Luhan just facepalmed before reaching over and flicking Tao's wide forehead which to Luhan's convenience was free of hair since he had worn his fringe up today, allowing Luhan a clear shot and Tao clutching his reddening forehead in his hands while he glared at the elder.

"No you self centred panda. Where is Sehun and Kai? I know both wanted to come here today but neither are here."

Looking around the members confirmed Luhan's statement also wondering where the two troublemakers could have gone. Just as they were about to head back in search, the shop bell rang revealing a slightly pink faced Sehun and a disgruntled Kai following close behind. None of them said anything as their two younger memebrs took thier places and continued to stare into space ignoring thier curious Hyungs.

Luhan opened his mouth as if to say something but was interrupted by the waitress who came to take their orders. Closing his mouth, he smiled at the flustered female who's hand trembled as she wrote thier orders down before bowing and leaving EXO to thier unsual silence.

*I'll just have to ask later* Luhan thought before turning towards Kris who had asked him a question.

 

~ The Next Day  

 

Your POV

 

The next morning I woke up groaning and to my disappointment well before my alarm.

 

*Oh well. At least Taemin won't expect another flying alarm clock today* I thought before tiredly climbing out of bed and continuing with my daily routines.

 

Wearing my school uniform, packing my bag and wearing my school blazer I considered wearing a beanie and scarf since winter had begun to approach. Grabbing my black bobble beanie and my set of black fingerless gloves along with my matching scarf I headed downstairs to make breakfast for SHINee and myself. Scrambling the eggs, I let thoughts fill my mind. I had decided on an American style breakfast with eggs, bacon and toast because I missed home but also because I really wasn't bothered to make anything fancier. Letting the bacon cook in the heated and oiled pan, I set another pan aside for the eggs I had prepared to cook.

Silently giggling to myself at the thoughts of Baekhyun and his reaction to the nickname 'Bacon Hyung' I had given him a week after meeting EXO, my thoughts strayed to Sehun and my bad decision to leave him yesterday. I felt regret fill me as I remembered his saddened expression as I left his embrace. Transferring the now cooked bacon strips onto a plate, I flipped the cooking scrambled eggs on the stove and glanced at the clock seeing that I had about thirty minutes before I had to leave for school.

Making my decision, I hurriedly placed the eggs onto a clean plate before placing them next to the toast I had made earlier and bacon strips which were hopefully still hot.  I measured some rice out and started the rice cooker, making sure the rice had started to cook I quickly ran upstairs and started banging on the doors of the SHINee members starting with the lightest sleeper, Minho Hyung. After telling him breakfast was ready and asking him to wake up the other sleeping members I rushed back downstairs to put my plan into action.

Cutting up the vegetables into cute shapes and cooking the meat, I carefully spooned and shaped the cooking rice and placed them into a green bento box which matched my blue bento box which was filled with the meal I had prepared the night before. Sealing the box tightly, I grabbed a sticky note from the bench and wrote a message before sticking it carefully onto the lid of the box and placing it inside a small carry bag.

Waving goodbye to the SHINee members who were still eating, I quickly put on my converse and ran out the door. With a quick greeting to EXO who I had promised to walk with to school, I quickly took a place beside Lay Hyung and began following them on our way to campus, the small carry bag held tightly in my gloved hand. Making a sly glance behind me towards Sehun who was conversing with Suho, I sighed in regret as he seemed to ignore my presence instead of bounding towards me like a lost puppy as he usually did in the morning.

During classes I couldn't concentrate, I idea of Sehun ignoring me forever was confronting and something I really didn't want. As I became shrouded by my thoughts, Kai who was seated next to me tried to grab my attention to which he did succeed until I was reminded of Sehun yet again who was seated two seats behind us. It made me think why I was so worried about what had happened, why was I so worried about what Sehun thought of me.

Was it be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter