Chapter 16

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

The silence continued on and it was sort of unnerving me. I glanced from left to right at the seven boys in front of me, their eyes wide and mouths gaping open... okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little here but they seriously seemed overly shocked and surprised. 

"Was it something I said?" 

I finally decided to break the awkwardness that was now beginning to suffocate me. Before I could get up and wave my hands in their faces, hoping to get them out of their sudden trance, I felt two hands grab my shoulders and shake me back and forth. My head moving from side to side while I tried to identify the current violator of my personal space. 

"JACKSON! Seriously dude, let her go bro! You're going to shake her to bits!" 

I breathed in and out as I felt my body come to stop, the weight on my shoulders removed and my eyes starting to refocus on the now pouting culprit. I shook my head in amusement as Mark continued to lecture Jackson on how to treat guests.

"But-t she just asked the most ridiculous question ever!" he eyes popped out as he flailed his hands about in the air like an overly melodramatic diva. 

Mark just face palmed before turning to me.

"I'm sorry for his stupidity... he usually doesn't fall to this level of idiocy until he's had his daily candy dose"

Mark flashed me a boyish smile and then turned back towards Jackson who had now resorted to vocalising his worries through a series of undecipherable mumbles. I shook my head at the slightly unusual sight but then remembering the boys back home, I couldn't help comparing this scene to Onew Hyung who would resort to this method when none of the other members would listen to him. 

"Ummm sorry for whatever I did?" I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly while praying that he'll stop sooner than later. 

He turned his head sharply to me, glaring before suddenly smiling and bounding up towards me to place himself on the vacant stool next to mine. My eyes followed his every move before I gulped at his sudden closeness and tried to move myself further away from him without falling off my seat. 

"Ummm Jackson? Personal space?" I gestured to my personal air bubble which he had just burst to my discomfort. 

Realising his position, he thankfully leaned away from me and placed his head in his hands and leaned his elbows on the kitchen counter while still looking at me intently. I blinked and rose an eyebrow at his unpredictable actions, turning to the other members for help, they just shrugged and continued to watch on. Cautiously turning back towards the male next to me, I blinked once then twice before bursting. 

"Why the hell are you looking at me like I'm some diseased alien?" 

The rest burst out laughing while Jackson broke out of his second trance and shook his head in... was that disappointment?

I face palmed myself before crossing my arms over my chest and demanding an answer through my eyes. Glaring at Jackson who seemed to have continued to stare to at me, I gleefully noted him shudder under my returned stare.

"How can you not know who we are? We are the awesome GOT7! Yeah, if you didn't know who those buffoons are that would be alright, but not knowing who the amazing Wang Jackson is? That is just a sin against my perfection!"

I stared blankly at him yet again, still trying to process his sudden outburst. Turning to Mark who was just staring at Jackson as if he had two heads, I began questioning Jackson's sanity.

"Is he always this self centered?"

Jackson's expression deadpanned and I watched as he slid off the stool and dragged himself to the empty couch where he proceeded to tuck his legs against his chest and rock himself in self comfort. I shot him a puzzled look before turning back to Mark who seemed to be the only person I was comfortable with and who was still apparently sane.  Pointing at Jackson, I tilted my head.

"Don't ask... you'll get used to it eventually" he said uncertainly while running his fingers through his hair in apparent frustration.

I nodded but then proceeded to ask him the question I've been trying to have answered for the past fifteen minutes. 

"You seriously don't know?"

I nodded once again. Why was it so weird that I didn't know GOT7?

"We're GOT7"

​"Yeah I got that" I rolled my eyes.

"We're a K-Pop idol group under JYPE"

​"Oh... now I get it. Sorry I don't listen to much K-Pop... I'm still trying to learn about new groups from my cousin but I haven't found much interest in the whole subject anyway"

Mark stared blankly. Did I say something wrong again? 

"Dude. You're in Korea. You live in Korea actually... It might be a good idea to keep in touch with the local interests and culture"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah sure...AND JACKSON! STOP ACTING LIKE A B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter