Chapter 15

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Your POV

I honestly felt like gagging over my pathetic actions. What had come over me? I mean seriously, since when had I called anyone Oppa in my life? I don't even call Taemin Oppa and now I'm calling some dude I've barely known for the past eight months Oppa. Gosh Ara, what had into you?

As soon as I had left, I had felt a wave of relief as well as nervousness come over me. I had tried my best to cover my reddening face when I had placed the box in front of the stoic boy and I had just run off like I usually did. My question really was, why had I bothered in the first place? Why did I care so much? 

I shrugged my shoulders, at least this way he would either forgive me or become even more awkward with me. Right? I had nothing to lose. Literally. 

As I walked through the hall towards our classroom, I heard footsteps echo through the empty walkway. Looking up as I felt a shoulder brush past me, I glanced back trying to find the culprit. 

"Kai?" I said automatically. 

There was a pause in the tanned boy's step, I waited for him to turn around and greet me but to my surprise he shook his head and ran off twice as fast. 

"Kai! What's wrong?" I yelled after him but to my dismay he continued to ignore me. 

Shaking my head at his weird behaviour, I continued towards my said destination. Sliding the classroom door open, I gazed inside finding the room empty and silent just like I had expected. Taking a glance towards my table I noticed a familiar empty bento box lying there with a folded note on top. 

Something filled my stomach as I approached my desk and reached out for the note. Opening it, I scanned the contents feeling relieved but somehow dissapointed at the same time. 


Ara, I forgive you. From Sehun Hyung

 

​So plain, short and simple yet is meant to much to me. I read over it again and my eyes stopped at the word Hyung. Hadn't I addressed him as Oppa earlier, had he completely ignored the title? Was it because I had made it awkward for him or did he find my attempted girliness that revolting he never wanted to hear it again? 

I facepalmed myslef, why has I even bothered? At least he had forgiven me but apparently I had made it awkward between us while doing so. I felt a rising feeling of anger within me as I read through the short note once more and ripped it in half. Grabbing a pen, I ripped a sheet of paper out of my book and quickly scribbled a short note before throwing it on Sehun's desk along with the empty bento box and storming outside the room. 

I was in no mood to sit in a useless class for the rest of the day next to some ungrateful boy who had the guts to throw my attempt back into my face. Not even a thank you. How pathetic Oh Sehun. This is the last time I do something like this for you.

I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder and walked out the door mumbling curses under my breath. I ran to my locker to retrieve my skateboard before leaving the school, first making sure no one else was watching. I didn't want to go home because although I knew Taemin would probably be out with the rest of SHINee, I didn't want to risk running into any of them and being sent back for ditching class. 

I placed my foot on the board and kicked off heading towards the nearest cafe to fill my empty stomach. It was a good thing I always carried a change of clothes with me, after changing in the cafe's restroom I made my way the counter avoiding any suspicious glances since I wasn't wearing my uniform any more. Ordering a cup of my favourite bubble tea to go, I stood by the counter and waited, thoughts of my new found hatred towards EXO's maknae running through my mind. 

When my order was called, I reached forward towards the cup, only to feel another hand on top of mine. Looking up, I glared at the male who had reached out as well and snatched the cup away from his grasp. Sticking a straw through the plastic film, I watched as the boy sheepishly watched me and rubbed the back of his neck while grinning. I shook my head and released the straw from my lips. 

"This" I said gesturing towards the cup "Is mine. Don't go snatching people's orders when they aren't yours" 

To my shock the male laughed which made me want to burn holes into his face just to get him to shut up. 

"I'm sorry. No need to get defensive over a cup of bubble tea" he smiled at me "The name's Mark by the way, and you are?" 

I rolled my eyes at the pretty boy in front of me. Stupid flirt, what's his problem?

"Ara" I said before brushing past him and walked out the door, skateboard and bag in tow. 

Holding my skateboard under one arm, I continued to walk the unusually busy street still trying to decide where I was heading until school ended. I looked behind me as I heard a series of shrieks as the red haired boy from earlier exited the shop. Shaking my head at all the commotion he was causing, I disposed of my now empty cup. 

Just as I was about to kick off, I felt an arm grab me. Nudging the culprit, I harshly removed my arm from their grip before sliding the end of my skateboard into their foot. 

"Yah! First you snatch away a cup of bubble tea and now you are trying to kill my foot with your skateboard? What is wrong with you"

Turning around at the familiar voice, I smirked before hitting his foot one more time for good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter