Last Day

Learning To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 Last Day

Your POV

~Bring ~~Bring

"Class is dismissed. You may now leave. Enjoy your break!" said Mrs. Smith before exiting the room to escape the hoard of rushing students who were all eager to begin their holidays.

I watched as everyone hurriedly packed their bags and ran out the door heading towards the schools main gate. I lazily packed my bag, stuffing my possessions into my bag and cramming it shut.

Everyone was so excited for the holidays... most people would be spending time with their families and hanging out with friends at the local mall. In my case my family is never around... they're always on business trips away from home or cooped up at the company. The only time I ever see my parents is when I have to attend business events with them like dinners, meetings or conventions which are all extremely BORING!As for friends? I don't have any and I don't want any. Practically the entire school hates me for some unknown reason or fear me because of my infamous martial arts and self defense skills.

Oh and before I forget... my name is Lee Ara but most people know me by my English name which is Angela. I was born in Seoul, South Korea but then we moved to Chicago for dad's business when I was three. I'm actually Chinese, Korean and Japanese but I don't take much time to learn about my heritage and culture besides the language. In fact I haven't stepped foot in my birth country for the last ten years. I recently turned sixteen last month and after the break I'll become a sophomore at America's most prestigious high school under a scholarship I was 'forced' to apply for. See the key word there? 'Forced' I seriously hate having all these high expectations placed upon me by my parents and teachers who think I have so much 'potential' that is still hidden somewhere inside of me. *groans and sighs* Oh well what can you do about it though? I downfall about having strict Asian parents... they're never happy with anything you do.

I walked along the empty school halls before reaching my locker and unlocking it with my combination code. Opening the door I noticed some words written on the locker's exterior.

I read some of the words written on the door. It was the usual... it happens everyday that it actually is not mean and rude but just plain tiring and annoying.

*Ugh?! When are they going to learn?*

I walked towards the bathroom and wet s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter