Chapter 4: Old Friend

Waiting for You (당신을 기다리는)

You don't know what your doing. There's no Plan A or Plan B in your head, but you just hope that whatever you have going on, is going to work.

The sun is bright today. Its rays nearly blind you as you're driving on the highway. You've been driving for nearly an hour now. When you reach your destination, you put your car into park and turn to face Kyungsoo. You notice he has dosed off into a deep sleep. He's been looking drenched with fatigue lately. His milky skin is shining in the sun as his face is turned to you, his eyes closed. You can tell he has fallen into a deep sleep; His breaths are slow and steady. You place your hand onto the side of his cheek and it gently with your thumb. You softly smile, turn and exit the car. 

'The highest point of our entire friendship...Has he truly forgotten? Will he ever remember?' As you sit on the warm sand, you hug your legs close to your body. Minutes later, you hear the passenger door of your car close shut, and the light footsteps of Kyungsoo closely approaching you. He stands still beside you for a brief moment and admires the view. He then takes a seat closely beside you and stretches. 

"Sorry I dosed off, Lily. Have we been here long?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Aniyo."

"This place is so stunning," Kyungsoo remarks, "It's almost as if I've seen this in a dream."

"A dream...Tell me about this dream," Your face is flushed in disappointment.

Kyungsoo stretches and leans back on the sand, his elbows supporting his weight. "Mianhaeyo, Lily. I don't remember it. This place is familiar to me, yet, I just can't remember why its so significant."

You stand up and walk towards your car. This whole entire trip has been such a waste of time, energy, and not to mention, gas. You don't say anything to Kyungsoo. You're upset at him and yourself for reasons you can't explain. Kyungsoo has begun to follow you and he then gets in through the passenger seat. A puzzled look on his face is presented. You insert your key into the shaft and speed down the road, making your way back to the city; Leaving the outgoing beach behind. 

Once you reach to Kyungsoo's house you put your car into park. You don't say anything to Kyungsoo, you don't even dare to look at him. Instead, you look down and grip the steering wheel tighter. Kyungsoo doesn't get out of the car right away. He places a hand on your left cheek and turns your head so that you're facing him. His expression is almost the opposite of what you would expect to see on the Kyungsoo you once knew. His face is flushed, his eyes filled with worry, wonder and saddness. Though you can't explain why he would display such a look. 

"Lily, something's bothering you. I can see it in your eyes." He's the side of your cheek with his thumb.

Now's your chance. Blood rushes to the top of your head at the thought of this opportunity. "Forget it. It's nothing." You lie.

In disappointment, Kyungsoo drops his hand and sighs. "I'm not going to force you to tell me anything you don't want to, Lily. I love you too much to have you do such a thing. Just know that, if you ever need to talk, I'm here." He gently smiles, kisses the top of your head and leaves. "Annyeong, Lily~"

"Annyeong...Kyungsoo." As soon as he leaves the car, you turn your keys, wipe your watery eyes and drive home. 

The drive home seemed more time consuming that you've anticipated. Though traffic was moving smoothly, it seemed that time was not on your side. You've put a lot of effort in helping Kyungsoo remember the beach for one day. You've done the best you've could, considering the fact that you had no plan to begin with.

Before you pull into your driveway, you notice a black 2013 XTS Cadillac Sedan. Your eyes widen in shock and in disbelief, you get out of the car to examine the scene in front of you. You wait a moment for any sign of movement. The windows are too tinted to be able to see the interior. Moments later, the front door of the car swings open and a tall, built figure exits. You face flushes with blood and you can feel yourself begin to blush. 

"My, oh, my~ Look what we have here~" The figure says opening his arms out wide. A smirk on his face, but a friendly one.

"J-Jong...dae..." Was all your excitement can let you say.