Chapter 12: Lies and Deceit.

Waiting for You (당신을 기다리는)

"Gomawoyo, Jongdae. I don't think I would have been able to move all of this furniture by myself." You say wiping sweat off your forehead. Your mother has sent you a new coffee table that was custom made all the way from India. You didn't know why your mother did such a thing, but you considered her kind gesture.

"It's not a problem, Lily. It's a really nice coffee table. It's cool of your Mom to have this sent to you all the way from Canada." He says gently placing his end of the table carefully on the floor.

"Oh, Oppa! I almost forgot to ask you, how are you feeling? I'm sorry you had to help me with this." You pout.

"Ah aniya, I'm living under your roof again, I have to keep my fair share of chores around here. I'm still a little light headed, but I'll be fine." He rubs the back of his head, smiling. 

You cross your arms and stare him down. "Oppa. Are you sure?" 

"Yes, Lily. If I ever need anything I'll let you know." He laughs.

"Good. Now, let's bring this old coffee table to the garage." 

As you and Jongdae make your way to the garage, you see two large moving trucks speed down the street. You haven't seen any 'houses for sale' signs in the area, so you wonder where these trucks could possibly be leading to. 

"Is someone moving into the area?" Jongdae asks cocking his head to the side.

"To be honest, I'm not really sure. Once we're finished we should hunt those trucks down and welcome whoever they are to the neighborhood." 

Jongdae laughs. "Good idea." For most of the day, you and Jongdae were arranging furniture, cleaning the house and preparing dinner. The house looked spotless, you were quite surprised yourself.

You were glad that you decided to forgive Jongdae and let him live with you again. He's been helping you cook, clean and has even paid a small portion of the bills with the allowance he receieves from his family. At first you were skeptical about letting him pay the bills, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. So you caved in and accepted his offer. It wasn't only that, Jongdae managed to fill in the empty space in your heart where you once kept Kyungsoo. It's been over three months since you've seen Kyungsoo or even spoke to him. You don't know of his whereabouts, you don't know how he's doing. You thought little of it because Jongdae has always been there for you. Through everything. 

"Hello~ Earth to Lily, do you read me? Hello~?" Jongdae waves his hand in front of your face and you snap out of your thoughts.

"W-What?" You shake your head.

"Did you hear what I said?" He smirks and places both hands on his sides.

"Mianhae, Oppa. What were you saying?"

"I was saying how we should go welcome the new neighbors now." He smiles, handing your purse over to you. You nod and lead the way out the door. 

You and Jongdae have decided to take a year off school to wait for your parents to return to Korea. So both of you haven't been enrolled for the Fall Term. Your parents understand and don't argue against your decisions. Summer vacation is over, and it's been getting a little chilly out. You hold yourself in a tight embrace and Jongdae notices your actions. He takes his scarf off, and gently wraps it around you neck. You turn to Jongdae with a sympathetic look on your face. He only smiles and shakes his head; you know that arguing with Jongdae about this little gesture would be pointless. It's so cold out, you can see a little cloud of vapor escape your mouth with every breath. Though the sun is shining, the warmth wasn't getting to you.

"I think I saw the trucks turn on this street," Jongdae points out. He was right, they did turn on this street. You can see two trucks parked on the curb at the ed of the street. 

When you and Jongdae arrive at the house, you bow at all of the elders you pass by. The nearby ahjummas whisper to each other, admiring Jongdae's good looks from afar. You giggle to yourself and continue to walk to the front door. You notice Jongdae has walked ahead to quickly, so you run to his side and cling to his arm. You both smile. Jongdae rings the doorbell and it swings opened in a matter of seconds. You nor Jongdae could believe your eyes. You shake your head hoping that the figure in front of you wasn't who you thought to be. Your eyes were not deceiving you.