The End.

Waiting for You (당신을 기다리는)

~3 years later~

The sky is as clear as its ever been, the wind is calm. You look at your reflection down on the lake below. You soon realize that Jongdae is by your side. You turn to face him. He nods and you gently smile back. He places an arm around your shoulder and leads you to the paved walkway. He closely walks beside you, helping you with every step when necessary. As you approach your destination you come to your stop. Your heart is pounding out of your chest, and your hands grow weak. The tears are building up in your eyes once again.

"Hun, are you sure you're alright to do this?" Jongdae holds your hands and looks deep into your eyes. 

You wipe your tears away and nod. "I know he's watching over me, regardless. Just give me a moment."

Jongdae understands and nods. He kisses your head and continues to walk to your destination, leaving you behind for a brief moment. You look down at the black velvet box you're carrying in your hands. You it slowly and hug it close. You take a deep breath and continue to walk. A few minutes later, you catch up with Jongdae on the green field. He holds out his hand and you take it. 

You heart literally stops for a split second. You've visted this place three times now, yet, the grief in your heart is over powering. You immediately drop to your knees and uncontrolably cry. Your cries are unbearable for Jongdae. This was the worst he's seen you. Jongdae kneels beside you and hugs you for support. He slowly sways to calm you down. Jongdae cries as well as he kisses the top of your head. You hug the black velvet box even more now. You place a hand on the marble stone. You feel the imprinted letters on the marble stone. 

Jongdae lets you go and wipes your tears. "I wish he were here with us too, Lily. But he's in a better place now." This was true. Weeks after the night where Kyungsoo regained his memory, his heart condition worsen. The nurses had tried their best to revive him, but unfortuneatly, Kyungsoo's fate came too soon. 

- - - - -

Kyungsoo was more than just a friend to me. He was my best friend. Someone I had cared for deeply. 

I wish fate would have given me more time with him. 

During those three months apart, I had realized he never truly left.

He was always in my heart. 

I know I'll be seeing him again.

All I have to do is be patient.

 

THE END