Chapter 10: Wrong Move

Waiting for You (당신을 기다리는)

“HOW THE COULD YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO EVEN KEEP THIS FROM ME, JONGDAE? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!” You’re yelling at the top of your lungs. You’re so frustrated; you begin to throw anything you can find off its resting place. The house is beginning to look like a mess. Broken glass on the floor, pillows here and there, the picture frame containing a photograph of you and Kyungsoo was shattered.

“Lily, please. Can you please calm down and let me explain?” Jongdae begs.

“You lied to me, how dare you tell me to calm down, Jongdae. You lied to me, there’s nothing for you to explain.” You’re crying in anger and frustration.

“I-I’m sorry, Lily.” Jongdae pleads.

“You’ve watched me cry myself to sleep, Jongdae. You’ve watched me suffer in my despair for weeks, day in and day out. You knew Kyungsoo left me that handwritten letter. And you attempted to hide it from me. Don’t you understand that this could be the last words I’ll ever receive from Kyungsoo? How could you do such a thing, Jongdae?” You sit on the couch and cry even more. You bury your face in your hands. “Jongdae…I don’t understand.”

Jongdae sits on the sofa across from you. He buries his face in his hands and sighs.

“Lily. You were just getting over your situation with Kyungsoo. Do you think I wanted to bring you the news of Kyungsoo leaving? Of course I do, but what good would that have done you? I don’t mean to hurt you, Lily. I would never want to purposely hurt you.” He lifts his face from his hands to glance at you. You’re looking away now, you couldn’t stand to look at Jongdae.

“What would have happen if his heart completely fails, Jongdae? I would have to live with the fact that…I only did him wrong…” You trail off. "I would never get the chance to apologize to Kyungsoo, even if I did completely shut him out. He's still my friend, Jongdae. He's my best friend; regardless of everything we went through." Jongdae moves to take a seat beside you.

 "Lily..." He hesitates to place an arm around you in reassurance. "Look, I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm sor-" 

Before you give him a chance to finish, you stand from your seat. You're hands are clenched into fists. You were about to walk out of the house when Jongdae grabs your hand and pulls you close. Your too ashamed to even meet your eyes with Jongdae's. You look away. Jongdae takes his hand, and places his fingers under your chin and leans in for a warm kiss. You had no idea what to process in your mind. How could Jongdae do this to you? To Kyungsoo? This felt wrong. You try to pull away from his but his grips on your shoulders are too strong for you to fight. Once you pull away, you slap him as hard as you can on his left cheek. A loud clap sound made in the process. You didn't realize this action until it was committed. You place your hands on your mouth in shock. "Jongdae..."