I.....

Summer Love

"Why did I have to hear from someone else?" Rain questioned with a pained expression.

"Well.....it really is none of your business", Yoona found the courage to say as she turned to go back inside the house, "just go away and leave me alone".

"No", Rain said firmly as he grabbed hold on her hand.

"What are you doing let me go!" Yoona exclaimed as she tried to break free from his grip.

Rain then pulled her into his arms and held her tightly, she was so close she could hear his heart beating, "I let you go because I thought you would be happier".

"I am, I love that man more than life itself", she stated with confidence as she quickly pushed him away, "Look oppa, this is my life and I don't want you ruin what little left I have of it.....please LEAVE ME ALONE, you are a nuisance to me!" She exclaimed as she quickly ran inside and locked the door, then fell to her knees as soon as she reached the living room, the tears she tried so desperately to hid now bursting over.

Just like he promised, the next morning, Nichkhun headed over to the hotel Anna and her brother was staying. After parking his car, on the way into the hotel he decided to call her brother to find out the room number.

Anna was staring expressionless out her room window when she heard a knock on the door, "Anna, someone came to see you", she heard her brother say but refused to reply.

"Then I guess I am coming in", she heard a familiar voice say, causing her to jump out of the chair and watch as the door opened.

"Oppa!" She exclaimed as she jumped into Nichkhun's arms,"I thought you didn't want to see me again".

"How could I, your my best friend and like a little sister to me", Nichkhun said as he patted her on the head, causing her to show a unpleasant expression.

"Why can't you see me as a woman now?" She asked, clearly angry but anyone could see the pain she was also feeling, "why am I always the little sister, I am 20 now, right now I could even carry your child".

"Ummmm, how about we go eat breakfast together", Nichkhun suggested with a smile as Anna refused with a pout, but gave in because of course he was the one person she couldn't refuse. But just as they were about to leave, Anna's phone, with 2PM's heartbeat as the ring tone (Nichkhun part of course), started to ring. She hurried over to the side table beside her bed where the phone was, but as soon as she saw the caller ID, threw the phone on the bed and clinged to Nichkhun's right arm, "aren't you going to answer it?" He asked confused.

"Its nobody, just a annoying guy that keeps asking me out despite me turning him down multiple times", Anna replied with a annoyed expression, "he is a idol... or so he says, I have never heard of him".

"You pay way too much attention to 2PM", Nichkhun commented with a serious expression, "wait what did he say his name was".

"Hmmm......Shinee's Onew, he says he's the leader, he has a weird name if you ask me", Anna replied with a 'I don't care attitude, "anyway let's go oppa, I am starving", she added as she pushed the surprised Nichkhun out the front door after grabbing her coat.

"That girl is way too much to handle", Anna's brother commented as he sat down on the sofa with the newspaper and his coffee in hand, "next time when I have a business trip to Korea, I'll have to keep it a secret, too much crazy to handle".

"Yuri, come on, I am going to be late!" Yoona exclaimed as she packed Mi Sun's baby stuff and her food, "what are you doing up there".

"I have to look good", Yuri said as she walked into the kitchen in a 6 inch heels, "I don't know which celebrities I may meet plus, I have to do something to take my mind off the fact that Chansung's parents called and cancelled, I mean is it because they don't want to meet me".

"Yuri, your pregnant, so wear these please", Yoona suggested as threw a 1 inch heels to her, "its safer than what you have on and would you calm down, Chansung said that they said something came up".

"Yeah that was just a nice way of saying 'we don't want to meet that ugly girl'" Yuri whined with a pout.

"Ummm, let's go", Yoona said as she picked up the baby and threw Yuri the baby's bag, "no time to whine, move it or lose it".

After meeting cast and director, Yoona found out her lead would be none other than Won Bin, she was in shock when he greeted her and Yuri, who was speechless," Nice to meet you", Yoona managed to say when she realized both Yuri and her were just staring like two idiots.

"So the story will be about forbidden romance, between a normal college student, which will be played by Yoona", the director explained, "and a famous actor that fell for your caring and humble personality which will be played by Won Bin. We have developed the story line to be touching, where the viewers will have no choice but to cry".

Yoona listened Keenly as she looked over the script for the first episode while Yuri gawked at the stars she had only seen on the TV screen, "Hello, I am JYJ's Jaejoong", he said as he introduced himself to a star struck Yuri, "has anyone ever told you that you look like SNSD's Yuri?" He asked looking at her from head to toe.

"No, never.... I guess our eyes seem similar", Yuri replied thinking about the very idea.

"Well Yoona, I hope we will have a good time working together", Won Bin said as he stretched his hand out towards her.

Yoona smiled as she shook his hand, "wow", she heard him say, causing her to look up at him a surprised expression, "the rumors about your beautiful no make up face is true", he continued causing Yoona to blush without realizing it herself.

"Thank you", she replied as she politely bowed and left with a still star struck Yuri.

"You know that she is married right and she has a 2 week old baby", Jaejoong informed him, "so get that look out of you eyes".

"I wasn't going to do anything", Won Bin replied with a smirk as he turned and walked away.

"That guy....", Jaejoong said with a sigh, "I wouldn't want him to know my girlfriend if I had one, he is just too dangerous".

When Yoona returned home, she saw a familiar car parked in the driveway, "Look Mi Sun, Appa is home", she said with a wide smile as she grabbed her handbag and quickly climbed out of the van. Her manager helped Yuri take out the heavy groceries as she quickly went into the house with the baby, "Nichkhun", she called as she passed the stairs, looking around the house, "where is he?"

"Welcome home", Anna surprised her with a smile, "Nichkhun went to the convincence store around the corner".

"What are you doing here?" Yoona asked as she rested Mi Sun down in the little crib she had prepared for her in the living room, trying to maintain eye contact with Anna.

"I just wanted to have a little chat with you that's all", Anna said as she slowly approached Yoona, "I know your little secret", she whispered to her softly.

"What are talking about?" Yoona asked, the colour draining from her face.

"Hmm....you know very well what I am talking about", Anna replied as she ate grapes she found in the fridge earlier, "you know..and I know...that there is a chance that because of your illness, you won't last long in this world...after all...right now, the surgery is a 50/50 percent thing... right?".

"I still have a chance", Yoona managed to say, her voice cracking.

"You have a nice life right know", Anna continued with a mischievous grin, "your beautiful..I guess...your career is soaring right now...friends and family that absolutely love you and not to mention a handsome husband and a beautiful daughter. It will be pretty hard on them to lose you".

"Please...stop", Yoona begged as her eyes started to become glossy, "please don't tell them".

"I won't", Anna replied, shocking Yoona, "but don't you think it is best to let go of Nichkhun right now before you hurt him even worse in the future. I will be able to be beside him supporting him everyday, celebrating every birthday and eventually growing old with him and of course...... fulfill his every desire".

Yoona felt hurt and angry as her right hand connected with the left side of Anna's face. Anna was shocked as she held her hand to her cheek and stared at Yoona's tear stained face, "What is going on here?" Nichkhun who only witnessed the slap asked.

"Oppa", Anna called as she ran into his arms crying, "I was just telling unnie that we had breakfast together this morning but it seems that she misunderstood my intentions".

Yoona couldn't believe the lie she was hearing, "Yoona....is....what she saying true?" Nichkhun asked with a hopeful expression.

Yoona couldn't believe what she was hearing, she couldn't believe that the man she loved and thought he loved her too was accusing her, that he would actually doubt her. Tears rushed down her cheeks as she stared at him blankly, "Believe what you want", she replied in low voice as she silently turned her back to him, then she quickly took up the baby and hurried through the door.

"Yoona wait!" Nichkhun shouted after her as he pushed Anna, who was relunctant to let go, off his arm.

"Let's please go", Yoona begged Yuri who was still figuring out which bag her favourite chocolate bar was in.

"Huh", Yuri said as she looked over at the manager who didn't bother to argue and quickly climbed behind the wheel.

By the time Nichkhun got outside the van had already turned the bend, "No...Yoona..", he said as he looked towards the direction the van drove off with a face full of regret.

"Oppa", Anna said softly as he grabbed hold of his arm, but Nichkhun quickly pushed her hand off and walked back inside the house. Anger took over Anna's expression as she thought about Yoona.

"What happened?" Yuri asked with a concerned expression.

"Sunbae, please take us to a hotel", Yoona said to her manager who nodded in agreement, "Nichkhun took Anna's side, he accused me, the very fact that he would have to ask if I really slapped her out of jealousy....".

"Wait, Anna was inside, you slapped her!" Yuri said in a excited voice.

"Yuri....there is something that I have to tell you", Yoona said with serious expression as she stared down at Mi Sun.

"What is it, you know you can tell me anything", Yuri encouraged as she rested her hand on her's with a smile.

"Remember when....I told you I was experiencing headaches a couple of weeks ago", Yoona explained, "even though I told you that the doctor said it was nothing serious......I actually lied", she continued, her eyes welling up as she continued, "actually....he said it was the effect of a brain tumor, that isn't really......*sniff* it...might me a 50/50 percent chance....*sniff* I am sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I didn't want the people I loved the most *sniff* to be unhappy".

Tears started streaming down Yuri's face as she stared at Yoona expressionless, "Is this a joke.....is it because I dumped a whole jar of chocolate sauce on you during your birthday party and ruined your new dress....it was Seohyun's idea, believe me, she may look innocent but she is not", she continued to rumble on until she realized Yoona sad expression, "why...why....", Yuri broke down crying, "Yoona...you can't leave".

"And I am not planning on", Yoona reassured her, forcing a smile across her face, "but please promise me that you will keep it a secret until after the operation".

"BB-But www-what if....", Yuri began stuttering, unable to finish her sentence.

"Don't worry, things will turn out the way it is suppose to", Yoona said consoling her cousin and best friend.

Both Yoona and Yuri returned to the house later that night after they were certain that Nichkhun was gone. It was hard for Yuri to fall asleep but Yoona stayed by her side until she did and during that time, she decided to right a letter addressed to Nichkhun and Mi Sun.....just in case.

Yoona went to check in on Mi Sun in the nursery after hearing her crying. She smiled as she took the baby, who stopped crying immediately, up, "Mi Sun", Yoona said as she sat down in the rocking chair she had beside the crib, "I want you to know that mommy loves you A LOT and she would do anything to protect you", she continued as tears started to form in her eyes, "but mommy doesn't think she will be able to stay beside you much longer, she won't be able to watch you grow into a beautiful young woman", her nose turned red as the tears started streaming heavily down her cheeks, "I know saying this will ma...make me seem selfish, but......I...I want to stay with you all for forever.... I love you and your father SO much....I d...d.....don't want to leave you both", Yoona quickly placed Mi Sun back into her crib before breaking down and crying as she held onto Mi Sun's little right hand that was near to the bars of the crib.

Nichkhun who was sleeping over at his dorm, woke up suddenly, covered in sweat, breathing heavily as he placed his left hand on his head, he could sense something was wrong.

"I got no sleep last night", Nichkhun announced as he walked into the living room and sat on the sofa next to Taecyeon who was using his laptop, "I messed up big time....could this cost me my marriage?"

"Relax, I bet you guys will make up in no time", Junsu added trying to cheer him up.

"I tried calling her this morning but she is still ignoring my calls", Nichkhun said with a sigh.

"Maybe something else is the problem", Junho suggested, "maybe you should just go talk to her face to face".

"Nichkhun hurry up, you have a photo shoot and a interview this morning", his manager said interrupting the conversation after bursting in through the front door.

"Don't worry you will get a chance", Chansung reassured him, "I am going to meet Yuri tonight so I will see if I can find out anything".

 

 

 

"Yoona!" Yuri exclaimed as she carried a tray with pancakes, orange juice, eggs and bacons towards Yoona's room, "its time to wake up", she said as she rested the tray on the table. When she looked down at Yoona she realized there was no moment or sound, "Yoona....", she called again but still nothing. Yuri started panicking as she frantically started shaking her and shouting her name.

"Ahh!" Yoona exclaimed in pain, "Yuri, it is way to early to be playing, I went to bed late last night...", she continued as she sat up and rubbed her eyes, but stopped talking when she noticed Yuri was sitting on the floor, frozen in fear, "you...its ok", she said as she comforted her, "its not healthy for the baby if you continue on like this and I want a healthy little boy or girl tugging on my sleeve for me to sneak them junk food behind your back, you shouldn't be thinking too much. It will all be ok, I promise you that".

"When are you going to see the doctor?" Yuri asked as she slowly got up from off the floor.

"The same time you go to do your check up", Yoona replied with her usual smile as she ate the pancakes, "delicious", Yuri couldn't help but smile.

"Give me a bite", Yuri said with a pout as she fought Yoona for the fork, "hey you know, I am meeting Chansung tonight".

"So?" Yoona questioned with a confused expression.

"Well I have never hid any secrets from him before, well not for very long anyway", Yuri said with a worried expression, "I don't know if I will be able to".

"Just talk about something else to keep your mind off of it", Yoona suggested, ".....ahh....talk about his parents suddenly canceling on you".

"Thanks for reminding me", Yuri said in a depressed voice before slowly walking out.

"You have to face them sooner or later", Yoona said with a giggle. When she was sure that Yuri was gone, she quickly locked her room door, grabbed her cell phone and returned to the bed, "I am sorry Yuri....... but I think it is best if I do this on my own", she said as she dialed a number, a person with a thick male voice answered, "Hello, Doctor".

"Oh, Yoona", he replied, "how can I help you?"

"Um......reschedule the operation for this weekend please", Yoona asked, "....thank you, I will come in tomorrow, see you then", she finished saying before hanging up the phone. She looked over at the picture she had in a frame on her night stand, the picture everyone posed for during their last night in Thailand, "I am going to do my best to stay with you all".

 

 

 

Later that night....

"Ok that will be it for today", the photographer told Nichkhun as he packed up.

"Thank you", he replied with a rather depressing tone as he changed his clothes, "its so late now.......I really wanted to see them both".

"Hmm....... yes doctor...I will be sure to rest, the checkup today went rather well", Yoona said to the doctor over the phone, "then I will see you for the operation in 2 days then", she finished saying before hanging up. Her expression changed as she headed towards the nursery, "Aunty Yuri has gone on her little date, so its just us Mi Sun", she explained as she fed her, "bet you miss your appa....but....your appa has made me cry so much, so mama is giving him a taste of his own medicine", she added with a pout, "things are better this way anyway".

Nichkhun sat in his car for a while after parking in the drive way. Then he grabbed his phone before exiting and locking the car behind him. When he arrived at the front door, he used his key to quietly open the door. As he walked through the house and headed up the stairs, he realized all the lights were off except the one in the nursery. When he walked into the room, the first thing that caught his eyes were Mi Sun fast asleep in the crib and Yoona sleeping in the rocking chair with her head leaned to one side. His expression turned soft as he gently lifted her out of the chair (bridal style) and carried her off to the bedroom. He gently laid her down on the bed and covered her with the blanket, "after seeing your face for what seemed to be an eternity, I am so overjoyed", he said as he gently her hair, "I am so sorry.....I am such a idiot".

The next morning when she woke up, Yoona couldn't figure out how she ended up in the bedroom until she found a note left on the bed beside her.

'It felt wonderful to hold you in my arms again....', the letter said, even though it was short and no name was written, Yoona knew who it was, she knew it was him.

"You idiot", Yoona said with a snicker, "If only it was that simple.........".

"Ahhh!!" Yoona exclaimed as she clenched her head, "it..hurts!" as she fell to the ground Yoona thought she was going to die, the pain was too excruciating for her to handle. Yuri who was in her room next door rushed in to find Yoona unconscious on the floor.

"Yoona!" Yuri exclaimed as she rushed to her side and rested her head into her lap, she started panicking as she tried to wake her up, "Yoona come on, wake up!"

"I am...alright", Yoona said as she slowly opened her eyes, "I guess I was just tired".

"I could hearing you screaming Yoona", Yuri said as she helped her onto the bed, "we should go the hospital".

"No its ok, the operation will be soon anyway", Yoona reassured her, "how did the dinner go".

Yuri still felt that she should go tot he hospital but nevertheless she didn't want to force her, "Well.....I managed to keep my trap closed", Yuri explained, "but he was asking me all sorts of questions about what is really wrong with you.....Nichkhun seems to be really worried. Nevertheless, I stood strong and just told him you were upset about the whole Anna thing....but....I wish I had told him. Anyway I will make breakfast for you".

"Thanks", Yoona said as she climbed back into bed and Yuri left.

"Oh, here is a letter I was asked to give you", Yuri said with a smirk as she handed the letter to a confused Yoona and ran out.

Yoona quickly opened the letter with her name written on it.

'My deer Yoona lol....from now on that will be your nickname because of your beautiful deer shaped eyes, she stared reading, "why's is he so cheesy", she commented before continuing reading, 'I miss you so much, and I am truly sorry that I acted that way and accused you. I felt my heart shatter when I saw your hurt expression, I wanted to beg for your forgiveness, you mean everything to me yoong, so please give me a chance tonight to show you how much I am sorry. I will be waiting at the place that I first saw you'.

"Hmm....what should I wear", Yoona questioned as she jumped off the bed with a excited expression and started rummaging through her closet, "I have to be perfect".