9th Dragon

The Dragon Prince

Kwon woke up floating…he didn’t know where. He shot upward quickly and looked around. It was white everywhere. Where the hell am I?

A scene appeared before him. He was in a lavish bedroom getting dressed. At least he assumed it was him. He looked younger. The scene was short but the last part of it showed him wearing a crown and holding his head high as he left the bedroom.

Everything went black. He started to hear voices.

“Is he going to be alright?” He heard Clara saying.

“Yes. At least I believe so. We knights are limited in our magic. And we don’t go through what the royals do. But I did see his cousin go through it.” It was Seungri.

“Ah that was an interesting night.” A voice he didn’t recognize spoke. “That man has always been so…stiff that it was interesting to see him actually show any emotion.”

“So what’s going to happen now?” Clara asked.

There was silence for a moment. Then the other voice spoke. “Well I can’t try to mute his memories now. He had this happen now because something triggered a memory.”

Was it the memory when I got on the horse? Kwon thought silently as he let them continue their conversation.

“Why not?” Seungri asked.

“Because he went through this, his memories will come back on their own. Any form of simple magic that we have won’t be enough for the strong magic that is born within the royal family. It would snuff it out.” Said the mysterious voice.

“Then what about hiding him from the Duke? We don’t know how powerful his magic actually is. And it’s not like we can teach him anything. This is where the King would come in. Or even the Queen.” Seungri stated.

Kwon felt in that moment he should let them know he was awake. Slowly he opened his eyes and groaned. He looked to his left and saw Seungri and some brown haired man sitting next to him. To his right was Clara, looking at him with worry in her eyes, holding his hand in her own.

They looked at him for a moment before helping him sit up.

“What happened?” He asked. He decided to play dumb. “Why am I inside the tent?”

“Something happened to you, your highness. We had to get you from outside in case of prying eyes.”

Kwon raised an eyebrow. “’Your highness? Clara what have you been telling these people? I’m not a prince.”

Clara didn’t respond. She just threw herself at him and started crying softly. Her reaction threw him off but he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him.

“Idiot. She was worried about you. You haven’t woken up for two days.” Seungri said rolling his eyes.

“Two days? How far are we from the capitol then?” He asked with wide eyes.

“We’re about four days away. Don’t worry. We traveled with you somehow.” Said the other man.

Kwon slit his eyes at him. “And who are you?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Daesung. A knight of the Dragon Kingdom. I’m here on Youngbae’s orders to keep watch over you two but I see Seungri got to you before I could.”

This was where Kwon’s confusion became real. “You know each other?”

The two of them nodded. “I didn’t tell you before. I apologize, Your Highness. I am also a knight of the Dragon Kingdom.”

Kwon let this new knowledge sink in slowly. Seungri was a knight and another one has joined them. They keep calling him “Your Highness” as if he really was the long lost prince from ten years ago. He added in the vision he saw before he woke up and it really did make sense but at the same time it didn’t.

Why did he disappear all those years ago? Who was he hiding from? And why did Daesung want to block his memories before?

The gasping sobs had disappeared and Kwon looked down to see that Clara had fallen asleep in his arms.

“She’s barely slept the last two days because of you. Are you really that blind to her?” Seungri asked looking at him curiously.

No. He was far from blind. And within the last few years, he had already realized his feelings for her. But she would always shy away from him. Treating him like a brother when he that she knew her feelings. He sighed and situated her so that she was lying on her side next to him before laying back down himself.

Daesung and Seungri walked outside leaving the two of them alone.

The two knights walked a little ways away from the tent. Just enough to keep an eye on it.

“So what will we do now? I’m sure the Duke knows of Kwon’s magic showing up.” Daesung asked.

Seungri thought on it for a moment. “I don’t know. But I have a feeling that when we get to the Capitol, he’ll have something ready for us.”

Daesung shuddered. “That’s what I’m afraid of.”

At that moment, Daesung’s messenger bird came flying over to him. He held out his arm and it landed on him.

“You’ve been sending messages to the Duke?” Seungri almost shouted. Daesung covered his mouth to muffle him.

“Shhh. I’m supposed to be doing so. If I don’t, then he would have already found out about my plan.” Daesung said silently while Seungri glared at him. He pulled out the letter from the compartment and read it silently. Seungri read over his shoulders.

Both of them paled.

                I sense that the young prince has gotten his magic. Do away with him before he reaches the Capitol. If not, your father will not be alive when you return.

                                -Duke Choi

“We have a problem.” Seungri said.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I normally don't leave a message at the bottom here for this story but um yeah lol.

So....this is slightly clearly inspired by The Last Airbender tv show. Well....this chapter. Not completely of course. Just well...I guess you can figure it out. My readers are pretty smart. (^.^) ~<3

Hell, after reading through it again I started thinking about old Medival stories like King Arthur. My mind man....writing fantasies are always going to be difficult for no damn reason. The limitations without trying to copy anything. The struggle.

Thought I'd go ahead and clarify and credit.

Things will get a bit more interesting really soon.

I won't disclose much. But the romance of this story will start to take off.

Be prepared.