21st Dragon

The Dragon Prince

Kwon woke up groaning. He put his hand to his head and looked around. Clara was sleeping peacefully on his stomach still holding his other hand. He pushed some loose strands of her hair away from her face and she stirred.

“Oh you’re up?” She said sleepily. “Feeling better?” She smiled up at him.

He smiled back at her and grabbed her chin lightly. He leaned in close about to kiss her when there was a sound at the front door. Both of them looked up in surprise when they saw Clara’s father walk through the door.

“Old man? What are you doing here?” Kwon said letting Clara go.

Her father looked at them and his eyes went wide. “I was worried about the two of you. You never sent me letters and you’ve been gone for a couple of months.”

Kwon and Clara shared a look before looking back at him. “We’ve sent our letters. What do you mean you haven’t gotten them?”

“Well they never arrived. How have you two been?” He grabbed up Clara into a tight hug. “I’ve missed my daughter and here you are looking like your mother more and more each day.”

Clara rolled her eyes and hugged him back. “I’m fine daddy. When did you get in the city?”

“About two weeks ago. I came here and neither of you were here. Where have you been?” He looked between the two of them. “Did you two get married and not tell me?”

“No!” They both shouted simultaneously.

Her father chuckled. “No need to deny it so adamantly. I just want to be there when you do.”

Kwon turned a deep shade of red and Clara was shaking her head. “No daddy. We’re not going to get married.”

“Alright, alright. Well tell me where you’ve been?”

They hesitated for a moment but another knock came on the door. Clara and Kwon looked at each other again while her father went to answer the door.

“Hello there. How may I help you this afternoon?”

“We’re looking for his majesty the prince.” A familiar voice said at the door. “And his female companion.”

“The prince?” Clara’s father looked at the knight before him in confusion. “I thought he went missing years ago?”

“And he has returned to us. We escorted him into the capitol and have clarified it with His Majesty the Dragon King. Mind if you let us inside? It’s cold out here.” He said, a chuckle playing at his throat.

“Oh...yes sure.” Clara’s father led them inside and both Kwon and Clara groaned.

“Seungri, long time no see.” Kwon said a grin on his face.

“Yeah, yeah. Are you crazy? We told you to be careful with that spell.”

“But I did it well did I not?”

Seungri grumbled. “Yeah, you did. But only use that as a last resort. You could have battled it out with Daesung and I so easily. Or did you just want to show off?” He smirked and looked at Clara who was shaking her head at the two of them.

“So this was your training for the day? And here I thought you were skipping.” Clara said playfully punching Kwon in the arm. He grabbed her hand before she could pull away and held her close.

“If I told you that going into the city would be part of my training for the day you would have never come.”

“Yeah cause Seungri is an idiot.”

“Why me?”

“Because I said so.” Clara said sticking her tongue out at him then laughing. A throat cleared and they all looked over at Clara’s father.

“Mind telling me what’s going on here?”

The three of them looked around at each other, when Daesung and Youngbae walked through the door.

“Oh good you found them. Should have known they would hide here. It’s the only place in the city they can go besides the palace.” Youngbae said laughing.

“So nobody is going to explain what’s going on here.” Clara’s father spoke again, catching the attention of Daesung and Youngbae.

“Daddy. Kwon is the missing Prince Jiyong.” Clara said slowly. Her father looked at Kwon and blinked trying to process the new information. Then when it hit him his eyes went wide and he fell to the floor in a kneeling position.

“Oh no, no, no. Please get up Old Man. I’m still the same person.” Kwon said going over to make him stand. Her father was still in shock.

“Daddy. I tried to tell you a million times when I was younger remember?”

“Why didn’t I see it then?” Was all he asked. Kwon had sat him down on the couch while the three knights sat at the dining table watching it all.

“I don’t know. But that’s what we’re here to find out now.” Clara said patting his back.

Youngbae sat and watched as Clara and Jiyong explained everything to the older man and something in his mind clicked as he listened to everything.

“Miss Clara, you said that you’ve tried to tell your parents for years that Jiyong was the prince, am I correct?”

“Yes.”

“How was it that for ten years, nobody but you knew?” He questioned.

“That’s something I’ve never understood. We’ve discussed this already. I tried to convince my parents to take him to the castle but not only them but the entire capitol couldn’t recognize him. Even when we moved to other towns and cities, no one could recognize him.” Clara said looking at the ground.

“Sir, you’ve adopted Jiyong into your home for the last ten years. What did he look like to you?” Youngbae asked.

“He’s always had short black hair. It’s grown longer but other than that. That was all.”

Youngbae nodded and stood up. “I want you two to stay here for a while. I’ll go back to the palace and alert the King and Queen.”

“What’s going on Youngbae?” Jiyong asked looking at the knight curiously.

“You’ll know in due time. Just stay here in the city and keep a low profile. Come on you two. We have things to discuss.” With that, the three knights walked out of the quaint little home leaving a confused family sitting inside.

“I’m going to go lie down.” Clara’s father said getting up and going into his room.

“Think he’ll be okay?” Clara asked still looking at the door.

“He’ll be fine. If we know your father, he’s a pretty strong man that can handle himself.” He pulled Clara back into his side and she sighed.

“Kwon, I don’t know how much longer we can do this.”

“Do what? Be close like this? Because I personally like it.” He said tilting her face towards his. He searched her eyes for any signs of her denying him before leaning down and kissing her lips softly. She relaxed and then they pulled apart.

“We’re going to be together. I’ll find a way.” He said softly, resting his forehead against hers.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Youngbae, Seungri, and Daesung walked into the King’s study and he looked up in surprise.

“To what do I owe my top knights the pleasure?” The King said going back to his paperwork.

“We’ve gotten a breakthrough in the case of what happened to Prince Jiyong.”

The King put down his pen and looked up at the knights in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“We took his majesty out of the castle for his training today and we have him staying in Lady Clara’s old home here in the capitol with her. When we got there, her father was there and he still didn’t recognize the prince until he got a good look at him.” Youngbae continued relaying the information.

“Her father is in the city? Well what was wrong with him not to recognize this nation’s prince?”

“A spell, sire. An illusion spell. A strong one that went across the nation. The prince had moved and lived in different parts of the nation for the last ten years and it wasn’t only within the capitol where nobody recognized his majesty.”

The King mulled over this new information. “Find out all you can and give me every detail that you can. Looks like we have to move up the engagement as well for Jiyong and Lina as well too.”

It was the knights turn to look at the King in confusion. “Why is that, sire?”

“We need the kingdom to recognize their true prince again, and an engagement would be the surest way for that to be guaranteed.”

“But what about Lady Clara?” Seungri asked stepping forward.

“She’s a sweet girl but she’s not royalty. As much as I would love to have someone like her as my daughter-in-law and future Queen to my son, they just cannot be.” The King said simply. “Now go and find out more information about this spell and what happened."

The knights kept their thoughts to themselves as they walked out of the study. When they walked out they saw Lina standing outside the door smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay~~~~Look at that update :3

I thought really hard about this one. I mean we have to find out eventually why Clara was the only one for years who knew who he was.

Tell me what you think ^^.