16th Dragon

The Dragon Prince

Clara paced in her room silently cursing herself for her actions. She had never once been this way around Jiyong. But ever since that kiss, he made her feel like a child learning about love for the first time.

She didn’t know whether or not she wanted to go to the banquet. As soon as she got deep in her thoughts, she was interrupted by a knock on her door.

“Come in.” She said softly. The door opened and a woman with long flowing black hair walked in. Her gown was flowing and the color of the kingdom, pale blue. It gave off a strong feminine charm about her.

“Hello. I’m Chaerin Lee. I was told that you need some gowns for a few occasions that you are to attend.” She spoke with a confidence that Clara missed having for herself.

“Oh…yes. I’m Clara.”

Chaerin nodded and walked over to her. She circled her carefully and Clara looked at her curiously waiting to see what she would do next. Chaerin reached into the pocket of her gown and pulled out a measure.

A short time later, Chaerin had her measurements.

“I will bring back a gown for you for tonight. The King and Queen request you be at dinner this evening. They wanted me to let you know.” Chaerin bowed and exited the room, leaving Clara speechless.

So now she had to see Jiyong. She wasn’t ready for this. At least that was what she told herself. She sighed and decided to go try and talk to Kwon before dinner.

She walked down the lavish hallways to his room and knocked on his door. Not hearing an answer she sighed and headed towards the knight’s quarters. But she was stopped on her way there by a man she hadn’t seen yet inside the castle.

“Ah finally someone I was looking for! Come with me.” Before Clara had a chance to respond, he grabbed her by her arm and dragged her down another hallway to another room.

“Um…sir?” She said before she took note of another person in the room. A young woman was sitting at the mirror. Her robe hung from her shoulders and her leg was jutted outwards as she applied some type of lotion that smelled of roses onto it.

“Oh you found someone. Thank you Jean. You may leave now.” The woman said when she looked up. Jean bowed deeply and left the two of them.

“May I help you?” Clara said, trying to hide the irritation in her voice.

“Yes actually. I need a tray of this kingdom’s freshest fruits. Also I want you to comb my hair.” She said admiring her skin in the mirror, not looking at Clara.

Clara on the other hand, slit her eyes at her. “I’m sorry but I’m not a maid of this castle. Find someone else to help you with that. I have business to tend to.” She turned and was about to walk out when the woman spoke again.

“I’m sorry. But I am Princess Lina of the Scorpion Kingdom. Anyone who isn’t royalty or of high importance is a maid period.” She said, a smirk on her face. She turned and looked at Clara up and down. “You don’t look very important, therefore you are nothing but the help.”

Clara closed her eyes and made a tight lipped smile. “You know nothing about me, your highness. I suggest you find someone who is an actual maid to help you with what you need.”

With that, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Stopping to hear Lina groan loudly, she smiled and walked away. She found her confidence again. Instead of going to talk to Jiyong right now, she went back to her room to prepare herself for the dinner. Seungri’s news really made her want to try.

Soon as she had finished bathing, there was a knock on her door. “Come in!”

Clara was combing through her long curly hair when Chaerin walked in with a few helpers. “I see you’ve been busy. We’re here to help you dress.”

She turned to smile at Chaerin. Then her eyes went wide when she laid her eyes upon the dress that she would soon be wearing. It was, again, the color of the kingdom, pale blue. With a beautiful silver touch in the swirls of the design going down the front, with a billowing skirt.

Chaerin’s helpers, Bom and Minji, helped her step into the dress and rise it over her body. It hugged her curves nicely and felt smooth against her skin. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. Her hair was swept to one side as they finished getting her ready.

Once she was done, they bowed to her. They left and she stood in the mirror for a few more moments before taking a deep breath and walking out the room.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Jiyong sat in the dining hall with the King and Queen. He smiled as he watched them interact with each other lovingly. He began thinking something.

“Mother…” He said hesitantly.

She looked over at him and smiled. “Yes, my son?”

“If there was any way for me not to marry Princess Lina—”

“Don’t even think about it nephew. She would be a great asset to the kingdom.” He was cut off by his uncle who had entered the room. His cousin, Seunghyun, walked in behind him looking unamused. They sat down as Jiyong resisted the urge to speak out on his thoughts.

“Where is the young princess anyway? It’s rude to keep hosts waiting.”

“I’m here your grace. Please forgive my tardiness. I had to locate a maid.” Lina’s voice rang softly as she entered the room. “The one that I found at first was really disrespectful.”

“Who is she? We’ll have her removed immediately.” The Duke said.

“Now, now brother. No need for such harsh judgment.” The King said with a chuckle. “We’re missing one more person. You did tell her that we wanted to see her this evening, right Seungri?”

The knight stepped forward from his post and bowed slightly. “Yes sire, I did so. She should be here—”

He was cut off by the door opening slightly. Everyone looked up to see who was coming in and Jiyong’s breath caught in his throat. In walked Clara, in a gorgeous gown. Without thinking, he stood up and walked over to her.

“You’re here. Come sit beside me.” He led her over to the seat next to him. Clara gulped and let him do so.

“You’re that maid from earlier!” Lina exclaimed, causing everyone to stare at her. Clara held back her laughter and instead smiled at her sweetly.

“I told you, your highness, that I am not a maid. I am the Prince’s best friend.” At that, the princess’ jaw dropped. Seungri and Daesung tried to hold in their chuckles and failed. Jiyong was still looking at Lina, his brows furrowed.

“What made you think she was a maid?”

“I….um…” Lina hesitated but Jiyong waved it off as he pulled out the chair next to him and Clara sat down.

The Duke slit his eyes at the interaction as a thought slipped into his mind. “Mind telling me young miss…why haven’t you joined us before during our meals?”

Clara looked him straight in the eyes. “I wanted Kwon, I mean Jiyong, to spend time with his family that he had been reunited with after so long. I didn’t want to intrude on such a happy occasion.”

Jiyong reached over and squeezed her hand lightly. The Duke continued to slit his eyes at Clara but she paid him no mind. Dinner was quite enjoyable for Jiyong this evening. He watched as the King and Queen continued to interact with Clara, laughing at the stories of their son while he had been gone for ten years.

Unbeknownst to them, the Duke was fuming as he watched them. This wasn’t supposed to happen. It wasn’t supposed to be this way. He had to fix it. What was it about this woman that not only kept the prince out of his radar, but was single handedly winning over the royal family?

He glanced over at the Princess and saw that she too was looking at Clara curiously. A smile spread on the old man’s face.

He had just the idea.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------

Oh yeah, CL as her ing seamstress~~~and not to mention her standing up to the Princess and Duke. If only I could imagine their faces completely. But the Duke does bring up a good point. What was so special about Clara? Hmmm? You tell me :P

 

 

 

 

Anywhoodles.....sorry it took me so long to update. I've been looking for a job and have also come up blank with how to do this chapter for a while.

Anyway, I saw the poll and I see that most people want a scene. But there are also the few that don't.

I'm going to come at a meeting point with this: There MIGHT only be ONE scene. But do not expect it to be right away. It will honestly most likely be near the end of the story. Whenever that is. It will have a purpose with the story of course. I wouldn't just put it there for pleasure only.

Do give me time to update. I did get 2 jobs within the last 2 weeks ^_^ not to mention school is a . (Seriously, learning Korean, Japanese, and Chinese is a struggle. Not to mention linguistics classes.)

Speaking of which. I should be in bed. *shrugs* Clearly I love my readers more than I do sleep :P

Comment and let me know how you feel~~~