7th Dragon

The Dragon Prince

Getting the horses helped to put them a day or two ahead of schedule. By the end of the day they were at the next town and settling in for the night at the local inn.

“I’ll go look around town. Would you like to join me Lady Clara?” Seungri asked gently taking her hand in his. He smiled when he saw her getting flustered.

“Oh um…” She looked at Kwon to see what he would say but he was looking anywhere but at her. “Sure, why not?”

Seungri beamed and placed her arm to hook into his and they walked out of the lobby of the inn. They walked past shops and carts that were out late. Without thinking about it, Clara began to enjoy herself in Seungri’s company. He was funny and interesting to talk to.

“I used to work in the palace as a child.” Clara said.

“Oh really? As did I. I would assume you were in the kitchens?” Seungri looked at her sideways and she glared at him.

“Unfortunately. I would only go to help my mom every now and then. It had its fun moments.”

Seungri stopped them and looked at her. “I’d also like to assume that there were some bad moments.”

Clara nodded, her eyes getting dark. “One of the worst would have to be the night Prince Jiyong went missing. I saw him that day. It was his birthday. He was a handsome young man. He saved my mother and me from getting scolded by the Duke.”

Seungri nodded taking in this new information. “I see. So where is your mother anyway?”

Clara pulled her lips into a tight line. “We’re going to the Capitol to visit her. It’s been a long time.”

Something about Clara’s facial expression kept Seungri from asking more. Instead he linked arms with her again.

“Well we’ll get there soon enough for you and Kwon to see her.”

They returned to the inn and Clara immediately went off to look for Kwon. Seungri smiled to himself. They were making his job too easy.

Clara found Kwon in their room, sitting on the bed, knees to his chest.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, sitting next to him.

Kwon looked at her and saw her worry for him. He sighed. He had nothing to worry about. And yet he had no idea why he was worried in the first place. He shook his head at her and pulled her into a hug.

“How was the town? Think we can make some money here?” He asked grinning at her.

She nodded smiling back at him. “The people here are friendlier than in that last town. And they seem to have an appreciation for music. I saw a few street performers while we were out.”

“That’s great. Because first thing in the morning I want to leave that man behind. I don’t trust him.”

She crossed her arms at him. “And why is that?”

He shrugged and looked out the window. “Just a feeling.”

Clara gave him a blank stare and shook her head. “Just a feeling huh? So how do you propose we leave him behind then? He’s still going to the Capitol himself.”

“I’d just rather travel without him. We can give him the money back for the horse and continue on our way after we make some more money tomorrow.”

She shook her head at him this time. Getting up she went to her bed on the other side and laid down. Kwon watched her until he thought she was sleep and then got up and left the room.

“Leaving without me, huh?” A voice came from beside him when he closed the door. He jumped and saw Seungri leaning against the wall. “I haven’t given you a reason not to trust me.”

Kwon glared at him. “You just so happened to have met us in the last town and help us out. I don’t trust you based off of that.”

Seungri chuckled. “You sound like your father. Then again, you don’t even know who you are, am I correct?”

Kwon blinked at him. “What are you talking about?”

“Oh you’ll find out in due time your majesty. Just know that I am here to help you. Not hinder you.”

Seungri walked away leaving Kwon more confused than he was when he woke up ten years ago.