Delinquent

Be My Smile

Daesung walked a little apprehensively to the last house on the block. He had a little time to think about what Youngbae could have wanted from him and it suddenly dawned on him. Youngbae must of found out about the little incident that happened between him and somebody Youngbae knew. It made Daesung shiver with fear when he thought about what Youngbae would do to him. He didn't know how he could make Youngbae realize that it was a spur of the moment thing.

 

Daesung reluctantly knocked on the door and waited for an answer. A loud come in was heard through the door causing Daesung to cautiously walk in. Youngbae motioned for him to sit down in a chair that was positioned by the couch he was laying on. Youngbae was wearing only his boxers as he was laying on the couch. Daesung looked away uncomfortably the last thing he wanted to see was Youngbae in his boxers. There was an uncomfortable silence as Daesung waited for him to speak.

 

The atmosphere in the room was suffocating. As time passed and no one spoke the itch on the back of Daesung's head was started to grow. He started fidgeting in his chair and making shifty gazes. The more he moved the more guilty he looked and the less he would be able to plead his case. Youngbae had a troubling affect on him.

 

“Daesung.”

 

Daesung quickly faced Youngbae. “Yes?”

 

“Quit all that moving; I'm trying to think.” he shifted on the couch and faced away from him.

 

Daesung wondered if he came over here just to watch him sleep. Despite being nervous he was also pretty bored.

 

“Youngbae?”

 

“It's Taeyang!” Youngbae got up from the couch and sat normally. “Out here I am Taeyang, how any times do I have to tell you that?” before Daesung could answer he continued to speak. “I'm sure you're aware as to why I asked you to come over here. I am so disappointed in you; you just seem to fail me in every way lately.” he looked up with a sincere look of disappointment on his face.

 

“I'm sorry I wasn't really thinking.”

 

“Come here.” Youngbae motioned for him to sit by his side.

 

Daesung sat reluctantly near his friend. It was unnerving how serious Youngbae was looking at him. It was causing Daesung to squirm under his gaze.

 

“Daesung... come a little closer.” Daesung moved a little closer to Youngbae while also making sure he didn't touch him in case he would lash out.

 

Youngbae grabbed Daesung's collar and pulled his face about an inch away from his. He had his jaw clenched and his eyes were blazing. “Do you have any idea how much trouble you could have gotten us into? It's one thing to be the way you are but if people figure out that I was involved you can be damn sure that none of us would make it out alive.”

 

Daesung swallowed nervously; Youngbae still had his collar and his whisper yell were intimidating. “How come we would be in so much trouble?”

 

“People don't tolerate the kind of stuff you're into in my line of work. What I don't understand is why you would mess with someone who worked under me.” he let go Daesung's collar. “You have to be more careful and control yourself next time I might not be so nice. I might just throw you under the bus.”

 

Daesung had a look of dread on his face. “I'm sorry.” he put his head down for emphases.

 

Youngbae looked angrily at him. “Don't you dare give me that look. You knew damn well what you were doing and you don't regret it one bit.”

 

a sly smirk spread on Daesung's lips. “The guy was begging me for it, and you're right, I would do it again.” a erted look spread on his face. “Why don't you put on some pants? Or was this your intention the whole time?” he winked at his friend and laughed at his reaction.

 

Youngbae pushed Daesung away and covered his body with a pillow. “I'm sorry but I don't swing that way. Anyways you shouldn't be joking about this it's serious.” Youngbae pressed his lips into a thin line.

 

“You're damn right it's serious, that guy must of told on me, I made sure that we were alone.”

 

Youngbae let out an irritated sigh. “You need to stop turning the people I work with gay. It's dangerous.”

 

All he did was roll his eyes and copy Youngbae's expression. “You can't turn people gay, they have to already be that way. Besides if I keep it on the down low there shouldn't be a problem right?”

 

“You haven't been listening to me this whole time haven't you!? I already told you that if this gets out then they'll have our heads. You don't understand, I promised that I would keep you safe and I can't do that if you continuously keep putting yourself in danger. You shouldn't even be hanging around me.”

 

Daesung frowned. “What is that you do that could get us killed for my uality?” that question had been burning in him for months now.

 

“None of your business. I'm trying to keep you out of it as much as I can, but as I said earlier I can't do that if you keep putting yourself into these types of situations.” his mood had turned somber. “Just don't ask anymore questions okay?”

 

“Fine, but now how am I supposed to find my release?”

 

“I don't know just not with anybody I know.”

 

“Alright then, I'll spare you the stress.”

 

“Good, now get out of my sight.” a small smile spread on Youngbae's lips.

 

“You're ever so nice with your words Taeyang, just so nice.” Daesung couldn't keep the sarcasm from leaking out of his voice.

 

All Youngbae did was shew him away and return to his napping position. Which caused Daesung to roll his eyes in amusement. This encounter turned out better than he had thought.

 

“Oh and one more thing.” Youngbae's words were muffled into his pillow. “You try a stunt like that again and I'll personally beat the crap out of you. Keep your word Daesung.”

 

Of course his day couldn't end without a threat from the one and only Youngbae. Though it did leave a bit of fear in him; Youngbae would also keep his word.

 

Seunghyun sat in front of his mirror staring lifelessly at it. He had been sitting there for over an hour looking at his body. He touched the surface of the mirror tracing along his jawline and the indent in his cheek. His face disgusted him; it was the face of someone who had something to hide, like he was a criminal. He looked down at his body and sighed. It wasn't enough that he had an intimidating face he also had to be tall and overshadowing.

 

Seunghyun closed is eyes and thought about the guy he met on the bus. He had such an inviting face, one that made Seunghyun jealous. It was unnerving that a face like Daesung's could have such an attitude behind it. He envious of how Daesung looked and wished that he had a face like his, a body like his; something, that matched his identity.

 

He couldn't help but think about how well people must treat Daesung just from the way he looked. What he would give to live vicariously through him. If only he could trade places with him and see what it would be like to live on the other side. To be liked and loved and have someone to share things with.

 

What bothered him was that Daesung was hanging around Taeyang. It wasn't a secret that Taeyang was trouble, everyone around the neighborhood new this about him. Seunghyun shook his head, he didn't need to be dwelling on Daesung's matters anyways. Daesung had made it perfectly clear that he was not to be bothered. He got whatever he was thinking out of his head and prepared for bed. What he should be thinking about was how he was going to endure his day tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...

 

As years go by and rumors spread about one person; that person becomes isolated. It doesn't matter whether they're good or bad, ugly or handsome a rumor can spread like wildfire then ruin someones life. It causes people to become outcast and unfairly insulted. It was a shame that this had to happen to Seunghyun. He was truly a handsome boy with a kind heart. He didn't deserve to be treated the way he was now. It was like life was against him for no reason, just beating him down till there's nothing left.

 

The kids who wanted to prove they were tougher than him constantly bullied him to up their status. The ones who didn't play sports or continually worked out coward away from him when he walked passed. Seunghyun couldn't remember when he wasn't treated this way. He couldn't even remember how it started. All he knew was that it was because of the way he looked.

 

As always the room seemed small when he walked into his classroom. People either scooted away from him or gave him a dirty sneer. The back corner had been reserved for him. There were two empty seats back there and Seunghyun always took the one by the window. Today it was a little different though. People watched him with intrigue as he made his way to his seat. He wondered what made him so interesting today that people couldn't keep their eyes away from him.

 

The mystery was revealed when he got to the end. There was someone sleeping in the seat that was usually empty. The seat that right next to his now had someone in it. Seunghyun didn't know whether he should be happy or wary about that. To not cause anymore attention he ignored the kid and sat in his window seat.

 

The teacher walked in with a very unhappy face. He looked over at the person sleeping in the seat next to Seunghyun and his frown deepened.

 

“Today we have a new student to our class. He isn't new to the school but due to a recent altercation the principle thought it best to take him out of his existing classes. So please show him a bout of respect.”

 

The kid lazily picked up his head and looked around. “Where you just talking about me?” the class laughed silently. Seunghyun on the other hand gasped in response.

 

“Daesung?”

 

Daesung turned slowly toward Seunghyun. “Oh, well if it isn't the pansy boy.” a cheeky smile came onto his face. “I didn't think I would be seeing you again; not that I wanted to.”

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. How could he be so unlucky as to have another person that hated him have to sit next to him. Out of being alone and conversing with someone who didn't like him; he chose he latter. “Great, someone else who hates me.”

 

Daesung scoffed, “How am I supposed to hate someone as irrelevant as you?”

 

Seunghyun shook his head, he wasn't even worthy enough to be hated.

 

The teacher looked over at the two. “I would appreciate it if you two wouldn't talk during a lesson”

 

“Yeah? Well teach something worth listening to and maybe I'll stop talking.” Daesung rolled his eyes and put his head down for the second time.

 

For the sake of not wanting to start something he couldn't finish. The teacher went on to his lesson with no incident. He knew that Daesung was a troubled kid and didn't want to rile him up.