Surprise...

Be My Smile

Seungri was ecstatic about all the things he was able to accomplish in the little time he was working under Taehyun. A lot more people knew his name and what he was all about. He had been able to change the game and he enjoyed every ounce of power he was getting. He enjoyed it so much that it was all going to his head. He had worked his hardest to achieve a name that would be known and respected and now that he had it, he was letting it take control of him.

The praise that he was getting and the jobs that he had done let him think that could be unstoppable. He was becoming sloppy in his work and didn’t notice that soon his walls were going to come crumbling down. He was ahead for a little amount of time but he didn’t realize that he had pissed off the wrong people and they were coming for him. He was oblivious to the mere thought of anyone being able to find out where he was or challenging him anyway. He thought he smart but in all reality he was completely ignorant in everything he was doing.

Seungri was lounging about changing everything that didn’t please him without any regard of others. The power he had acquired with Taehyun’s help had completely messed him up. The single thread that could have brought him into the light had snapped cloaking him forever in darkness. His small taste of being superior to others had turned him into something that no one should ever.

There were some people that could handle being in charge without it going to their head but Seungri was not one of them. Years of being treated like a runt and ignored had tainted Seungri’s common sense. He had so much potential to be something great but now he had wasted it. He wasted it on trying to be the best in a world that offered no such thing.

He had hurt many people to make it to the top even someone who had once been his closest friend. He hadn’t even called to check up Jiyong since he left to achieve greater things. Seungri smiled in delight as he relished in his new found fame. He had finally achieved the goal that he had been working on for years. He was happy that now everyone knew his name and that he can accomplish new things in his life. He was…happy?

Happy, a word that Seungri could never think of without having a feeling that was the complete opposite of what it meant. Happy? Was that what he truly was? Even after achieving his greatest goal he still had that empty feeling that he had been trying to patch up for the longest time. It irked him that he could not fill it up despite all he had done to get rid of it. What did it want? Why wouldn’t it go away? He was finally at the top, high enough that people had to look up at him, but why was this empty feeling not going away?

The delighted smile that Seungri had quickly faded away. He wondered if he would ever be truly happy. He thought he had gotten what he wanted but he still felt that cold chill of failure. What did he do wrong? How come he still felt like nothing? He wanted power, he wanted people to respect him, and he wanted to be known, but what was it that he was missing?

Seungri laid back and stared at the ceiling. He wondered when he would be able to fill this void inside of him. What made other people happy? Wasn’t it money and power good enough? What did he need in his life to be whole?

Seungri’s thoughts were interrupted when a displeased Taehyun walked on the room. He sat up and addressed him.

“Is there something the matter?” he didn’t want to piss off the only person that could take away all he had achieved.

“Seungri I thought we had a deal.”

“We did, what’s wrong?”

“I told you that I would make you a known man if you upheld your side of the bargain. I’ve made you what you wanted, but you haven’t done your part.”

Seungri was confused as to what he was talking about. He was sure that he had gotten everything right, “What do you mean? What didn’t I do?”

“I sent some people to check up on Daesung and guess what.”

Seungri swallowed the lump that was in his throat, “What?”

“He’s happy. The kid is happy with some guy and they’ve been together holding hands and doing couple crap.” Taehyun was highly upset with the outcome, “You told me there were no holes in your plan.”

“I don’t know what happened, last time I checked they weren’t speaking and Daesung was miserable.”

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you with this. I should have done it myself.”

Seungri was worried about what Taehyun would do because of his failure, “What is it that you want with Daesung anyway? Why won’t you let him go?” Despite the urge to please Taehyun he wanted to know what his obsession was with Daesung.

“I hope you aren’t feeling guilty, you don’t want to end up like the last person.” Taehyun gave him a sadistic look.

“The last person?”

“Yes, the last person that dealt with Daesung felt guilty about what I did to him. It was funny because before everything happened he didn’t have an ounce of guilt about deceiving Daesung, but after everything he became extremely guilty about it.”

“What happened to him?” Seungri was a little scared as to what his answer would be.

“Oh he’s dead now.”

Seungri froze in his spot; did Taehyun kill him just because he was guilty?”

Taehyun noticed the scared look on his face, “Don’t give me that look I didn’t do it. Surprisingly it was someone who killed him.”

Seungri relaxed a little, “Who did it then?”

“Someone you might know.” Taehyun left it at that.

“That still doesn’t explain why you seemed to be obsessed with hurting the guy.” Seungri winced and waited for his response.

“Obsessed, no. Determined, yes. The little bastard was the first to get away from me and I can’t stand it.”

Seungri tilted his head to the side. This guy was crazier than he thought. “What would of happened if he didn’t get away from you?”

“I would have kept him till I was done with him and trust me, I’m not done with him.”

“When did you first ‘meet’ Daesung?”

“It was two years ago.” Taehyun raised an eyebrow at all the questions.

“When he was a sophomore in high school? Just sixteen…” Seungri frowned.

“Yes sixteen, what’s with all the questions?”

“And how old are you?”

Taehyun glared at him, “Twenty-four.”

Seungri calculated all of that in his head, “I see.” Seungri looked around the room now completely uncomfortable being in the room with him. He supposed he should have been uncomfortable regardless, but now he felt weird, and that whole felt like it was growing.

Taehyun looked at Seungri and examined his posture. He looked stiff and disheveled. “You aren’t having any regrets are you? If you are I wouldn’t be happy, especially since you haven’t finished your job.”

Seungri felt the emptiness inside him grow, was it telling him that he should feel regretful. Something inside did think that what he was doing was wrong, but Seungri had thought he killed that part of him. There shouldn’t be anything trying to pull him out of the darkness he created.

“Of course not, I was just thinking of a way to fix your problem.”

“Good, because if you fail me again I’ll make sure you pay for wasting my time. You’ll have a lot of debt to me if I don’t get what I want.” Taehyun left him with his thoughts and walked out of the room.

Seungri rubbed his eyes. What the hell was he doing with his life? He had everything now yet he still wasn’t satisfied. All he had to do was please the guy that was providing him all of this and he would be able to live a life that he always wanted. There was something extremely wrong with him if he still wanted more and it was even more frustrating because he didn’t know what that more was. Was he just greedy? What did he want?

Seungri laid his head on the couch and closed his eyes. Will he ever be satisfied?

It had gotten significantly dark since Youngbae left and Daesung and Seunghyun were significantly worried.

“Do you think something happened to him?” Seunghyun was lying down while using Daesung’s lap as his pillow. He looked up to see that Daesung’s worried expression had mirrored his own.

“I don’t know he should be back by now.” Daesung ran his hand through Seunghyun’s absentmindedly.

“He couldn’t have gotten hurt or anything.”

“I hope not.”

In the midst of their thoughts the door banged open revealing a passed out Jiyong and a struggling Youngbae. Seunghyun sat up and looked at the both of them in shock.

“Uh, I could use a little help here.”

The both of them got up and helped Jiyong to the couch. Once they were done the both of them gave Youngbae confused looks.

Youngbae understood that they wanted information, “Sit down.” He motioned for them to find a seat so he could start telling them what happened.

Daesung was the first to break the awkward silence, “So why is he passed in your living room?”

“Well i got what I needed about Taehyun and Seungri so I decided to ask around about G Dragon. I got so many different answers as to where he could be. Some people said he was at a bar, others said he was wondering the streets, and some said he was dealing heavily with some drug addicts. It turned out it was all of the above.”

“All of the above, why was he doing that?”

“I don’t know, when I found him he was already passed out on the street. If I hadn’t of found him I don’t know what could have happened to him. It was strange because when I picked him I swear I heard him utter Seunghyun’s name. I don’t know if he was talking about Seungri or you, but that would be weird if he was talking about you.”

Seunghyun looked back at Jiyong’s sleeping figure. He didn’t know what to think about him being there. He knew Youngbae made the right decision in bringing him here, but he couldn’t muster up any feelings besides curiosity. “Yeah, that would be weird.”

Jiyong shifted on the couch muttering incoherently, the words I’m sorry and Seunghyun could faintly be heard by him.

Seunghyun wondered what he could be sorry about.

Daesung yawned and stretched, “Well I’m definitely staying the night.”

Youngbae narrowed his eyes, “You’re definitely not staying in the same room as Seunghyun.”

“Oh come on we can’t do anything anyways, stop acting like my mother. I don’t even think I’ll be able to sleep in the same bed as him anyways.”

Seunghyun glowered at Daesung, “Oh come on my ribs don’t hurt that much.” He poked them for emphasis, “Ow.”

Daesung shook his head, “You can be so slow sometimes.”

The next morning they were all gathered in the living room waiting for Jiyong to wake up.

You could believe Jiyong’s surprise when he saw three pairs of eyes staring at him especially when set of eyes wasn’t supposed to be there. Jiyong sat up and looked at his surroundings last thing he had remembered was walking out of a bar drunk and out of his mind. It would explain the pounding headache he had.

He looked at Seunghyun, “Seunghyun…you’re okay.”

Seunghyun wondered when he started caring about his wellbeing, “Yes, I am.” He was unsure as to how he was supposed to approach the situation.

Jiyong sat up and rubbed his temples, he couldn’t believe Seunghyun was sitting in front him looking as healthy as ever. “I thought you were in the hospital, was that true?” he looked at him hoping that it wasn’t true.

“I was in the hospital.”

Jiyong looked down at his hands, he took a deep breath, there was pressure building up behind his eyes and he would be damned if he ended up crying in front of them. He was G freaking Dragon not an emotional wreck, but these past couple of weeks he had let himself go. He was wracked with guilt and he couldn’t put up with himself.

“So it’s true then, that you were in the hospital, but was it because of me?” Jiyong held his breath awaiting his answer.

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong whilst wondering what he was talking about, “What do you mean because of you? Did you have any part in putting me in the hospital?”

Jiyong was getting turned around in his head, “Seungri said that you were in the hospital because of me. He said it was all my fault because I was horrible to you and that you had tried to end it.” Jiyong couldn’t look at any of them.

Seunghyun was angry, he couldn’t believe how much of a conniving deceitful liar Seungri was, “No that’s not why I was in the hospital. To tell you the truth it was because of Seungri. I was in there because of him. It wasn’t because of you.”

Jiyong looked up at him, “It was because of him? Why would he lie about that?”

All three of them looked at each other, Jiyong was completely oblivious as to what had been going on and it appalled them that he knew nothing about Seungri’s betrayal.

Youngbae got up and placed his hand on his shoulder, “We have some things to talk about.”

They all explained to Jiyong everything that was happening with Seungri. When they were finished they waited for Jiyong to give them something beside the blank expression he had on his face.

Jiyong clenched his fists together and tried to keep from doing something completely irrational, he took in a few calming deep breaths and composed himself. “I need a drink.” His eyes roamed over to Daesung and Seunghyun, “A lot to drink.”

Youngbae gave him a stern look, “Since when do you drink?”

“Since I thought I was the cause of someone’s almost death. You don’t know what I’ve been through the past couple of weeks.”

Seunghyun spoke up not feeling sorry for him one bit. “Two weeks of pain, it must have been hard.” His voice was laced with heavy sarcasm.

Jiyong’s attention snapped to Seunghyun, “You still hate me don’t you? What do you want me to do? Whatever it is that you want I’ll do it.”

“I want you to be a better person.”

“Is it really that easy? I ended up giving up before I even had a chance to be good. What makes you think I can be good?”

“Compared to Seungri you’re an angel, I think you can do it.”

Daesung cleared his throat, “Speaking of Seungri, shouldn’t we be focusing on him?”

Youngbae snapped into reality, “Yes exactly, we need to figure out what to do with him.” A quiet knock sounded on Youngbae’s door. “Right after I answer the door.”

Youngbae got up and cracked the door open; cautious as to who it could be. He stiffened and stared at a face that he did not expect to be at his door anytime soon. He opened the door wider allowing everyone to see what he was seeing.

“What are you doing here?” malice and anger were evident in his voice as he looked at the offending figure.

“I finally know what I want.” Seungri said as he felt the ever growing black hole inside him throb from the decision he made to come here.

Seunghyun felt Daesung’s tight grip on his arm. It seemed finding Seungri had been easier than they thought.