Ice cream Confessions

Be My Smile

Seunghyun woke up this time to Daesung shaking him. He blinked away the blurriness in his eyes and sat up.

 

“What is it?”

 

Daesung pulled his lips back into an amused smile, “We do have to go to school, or did you forget?”

 

Seunghyun groaned and swung his legs off the bed, “I don't have anything to wear so I guess I can't go.”

 

Daesung pulled him off the bed and guided him to his closet, “Take your pick; I'm not going to school alone.”

 

Seunghyun rubbed his eyes and stared at his closet. He stubbornly folded his arms and pouted. “I don't want to go.”

 

Daesung rolled his eyes and dug in his closet for a shirt he thought would fit him. “Here wear this.” he grabbed a pair of jeans and threw them at him.

 

Seunghyun stared at the shirt with a frown on his face, “Do you have anything long sleeve?”

 

Daesung looked back in his closet, “No why?”

 

Seunghyun rubbed his arms self consciously, “I don't really like to wear short sleeve...”

 

Daesung thought that was weird but then he realized that he never saw Seunghyun wearing anything besides a long sleeve shirt or something that covered his arms. He was about to say something about that but then he realized his reasoning behind it.

 

“Is it because of your scars?”

 

Seunghyun folded his arms over his chest, “I don't want anyone to see them. I don't want people to know about them.”

 

Daesung grabbed his arms and rolled up his sleeves. He traced his finger over the slightly aced scars and looked up at Seunghyun. “They're apart of you and I like every part of you, so if anybody says anything then they'll have me to deal with.”

 

Seunghyun thought about it; at some point in his life he would have to show his scars, but he was unsure if he wanted to now. “I don't know if I can. What if people just use it as another excuse to not like me?”

 

“I like you, is that not enough?” Daesung looked up at Seunghyun with a sly smile.

 

Seunghyun let out a strangled laugh, “Of course you're enough for me.”

 

“Then if that's so why don't you put on these clothes and get ready so we can go to school?”

 

Seunghyun nodded his head and complied to what Daesung said. He got dressed with some urging for Daesung to get out of the room and came out covering his arms.

 

“We can go now.”

 

Daesung got up from the chair he was sitting in and placed Seunghyun's arms down to his side. “Don't cover them up. I told you that it's a part of you and I like every part of you so please don't cover them up.”

 

Seunghyun slowly uncovered his arms, they were more exposed than he was used to and it made him uncomfortable. He grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. “Lets hurry up and go before I change my mind.”

 

Daesung grabbed his backpack and walked after Seunghyun.

 

Once they got to school Seunghyun felt insecure about his arms. He knew that you would only be able to really tell if you were up close or paying attention to his arms but he still felt like people were specifically looking at his scars.

 

Daesung had to split up from Seunghyun to go and get his things from his locker. Which caused Seunghyun to be an open target for anyone who wanted him to be alone. Such as a certain Jiyong.

 

Jiyong snuck up on Seunghyun and tapped him on his shoulder.

 

Seunghyun slowly turned around afraid of who it might be, but when he saw Jiyong his fear dissolved.

 

“Oh, it's you.”

 

The tone of his voice caught Jiyong off guard. There was no fear or wariness in it which caused him to look at Seunghyun differently.

 

“What's with that tone of voice?”

 

Seunghyun grabbed a book out of his locker, “What tone?”

 

Jiyong noticed his arm and stared at it for a few seconds, “What happened?”

 

Seunghyun looked at him then at his scars, “You happened.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

Seunghyun looked at Jiyong like he was stupid. He couldn't tell if he was playing dumb or some type of ulterior motive behind his clueless-ness. He pointed to a faded scar at the top of his wrist. “You see this scar? That was because of you.” he pointed to a scar a couple centimeters from that one, “You also caused that one and you caused many others.”

 

Jiyong knew that he had been horrible to Seunghyun to ease the way he felt about him, but he didn't know that he had hurt him that deeply. He didn't know that with his words and actions he caused Seunghyun physical harm.

 

“I didn't know.”

 

“What did you expect? That I would just take your crap and not find some way to vent? I don't understand you, how could someone do all those things and have feelings for the one their hurting? Does that make sense?” Seunghyun was angry and upset. He had wanted to talk to Jiyong in more civilized manner, but he couldn't; not when he thought about all the things Jiyong did to him.

 

“I...” Jiyong didn't know what to say he didn't know how he was supposed to react to Seunghyun's questions.

 

Jiyong's silence only fulled Seunghyun even more, “Why are you quiet now? You've never been so quiet before.” he grabbed Jiyong's arm and looked down at him, “What did hurting me ever do for you? What I can't get is how you want to hurt someone that you admire or care about. I couldn't see myself ever doing something you have. It's one to thing to just hate me like the others but to not like me because you think I'm cute is ridiculous.”

 

Jiyong yanked his arm from his grip and stared at him in a new light, “You don't why I did the things the things I did. You don't know how I feel.”

 

“Really? Because I think I have a good picture of how you think.”

 

“You wouldn't understand.”

 

“Then make me understand.”

 

This whole encounter with Seunghyun was not what Jiyong had expected. He was expecting the quiet and recluse Seunghyun that he grown used to. He wondered what had him so on edge, was it the mere mention of his scars that caused him to bite back? Jiyong knew that he deserved whatever Seunghyun wanted to throw at him, but for someone reason he wanted to defend himself from whatever Seunghyun had to say about him.

 

“You want to know why I've always been the way I am to you?”

 

“Yes I want to hear from your mouth.” Seunghyun was losing steam and all he wanted know was why?

 

“I always had feelings for you and I didn't know what to do with them. I thought about you constantly and I was upset at myself for thinking of you that way. Do you know what it's like for a gay man to like someone who isn't? It wasn't fun and I didn't know how to act because of them. I felt frustrated for the longest time before I started to direct that frustration onto you. It wasn't long before it came became a habit of constantly doing things to you that weren't right in any way just so I could feel better about how I felt.”

Jiyong looked down at the floor.

 

“So the time you got me alone to tell me that I was ugly and that no one would ever want me was because you were frustrated? Or lets talk about something that recently happened, the time you told some guys that I wanted to start a fight with them and that I had been talking crap about them throughout the school; what was that about? Do you know what they did to me?”

 

“No.” Seunghyun had backed Jiyong into the lockers as he spoke to him.

 

“No? Well let me show you.” he lifted up his shirt and showed a scar along his ribcage, “Do you know how much pain that caused. All because you had unrequited feelings for me? Why didn't you just tell me?” Seunghyun waited for a response.

 

“I don't why. I don't know, okay?”

 

A sudden thought hit Seunghyun, “What would you have done if me and Daesung were together?”

 

“You guys aren't dating?”

 

“That's not what I asked.” Seunghyun folded his arms, “I'd like for you to tell me the truth.”

 

“I would have tried to find of away to keep you guys apart.”

 

“So I would be unhappy and you could torture me in any way you wanted without Daesung being in the way? I thought when you liked someone you wanted to make that person happy, but I guess I was wrong about that.”

 

Daesung looked curiously at the sight before him. Jiyong looked like he was distressed and wanted to get away from Seunghyun. The little times he saw them together it was usually Seunghyun who had that face on him. He wondered what they were talking about to have Jiyong so out of character.

 

The halls were becoming deserted as Seunghyun and Jiyong continued their heated conversation together. Daesung decided that it was time for him to but in and see what was going on .

 

“Seunghyun what's going on?”

 

Seunghyun's hard gaze softened when he heard Daesung's voice saying his name. He turned around and welcomed his presence. “I was just asking Jiyong some questions.”

 

Daesung looked at the uncomfortable expression on Jiyong's face. “What type of questions.”

 

“I just wanted to know his reasons behind treating me like crap for as long as I've known him.”

 

“And?”

 

“I just got a bunch of excuses.”

 

Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun and furrowed his brows and frowned, “You wouldn't be able to understand and I can't explain why I did the things I did to make you understand.”

 

Seunghyun sighed in a defeated manner, “How about you stop trying to explain yourself. If there's no way you can make me understand then how about you apologize?”

 

Jiyong his lips and took in a deep breath, “Seunghyun, there's no way I can ever make up for the things I've done to you. I know that I put you through hell for my selfish needs and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you how I felt in the first place, I'm sorry I put you through more crap than you needed. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, okay? I'm so sorry.” it was hard to look Seunghyun in the eye as he was apologizing.

 

Jiyong sincerely was sorry. After being confronted by Seunghyun for all the things he had done to him he was made to realize that it was stupid. Everything that he had done was stupid and good for nothing. Everything he had planned and plotted was because he was jealous and confused. He felt like a complete idiot because it took him so long to realize that he could have developed a relationship between him and Seunghyun if he hadn't resorted to dealing with his feelings in a destructive way.

 

“Thank you for the apology Jiyong, but I can't forgive you today.”

Seunghyun took Daesung by the arm and walked to class with him. He sort of felt good about having the last word.

 

“Daesung you know something?

 

“What?”

 

“You promised me ice cream. We should go get some today.”

 

Daesung gave Seunghyun a weird look, “That was random.”

 

“I know, but do you want to go or not?”

 

Daesung smiled at Seunghyun it seemed like their roles had changed. “Yes, we can go after school if that's what you want.”

 

“Of course it's what I want.”

 

After school they went and got ice cream this time Seunghyun got it in a cup and was actually eating it like a civilized person. He the last of his ice cream off his spoon savoring the last bit like he would never have it again.

 

“You eat that like you've never had ice cream in your life.”

 

“It's a delicious treat that I rarely enjoy.” Seunghyun stared longingly at the empty cup.

 

“Rarely?”

 

“I didn't really have the chance to eat it. Most of the time I just went straight home from school and we didn't have a stock of ice cream at home so I barely ever got any.”

 

“Well now you can get ice cream with me anytime you want.”

 

Seunghyun bit his lip, “Anytime?”

 

Daesung groaned, “I thought we talked about that.”

 

“Did you mean this?” Seunghyun bit his lip then slowly them with the tip of his tongue.

 

“Stop it!” Daesung covered his eyes.

 

Seunghyun held in his laughter, “Do you remember the last time we were here?”

 

Daesung uncovered his eyes, “Yes why?”

 

“You remember all things we talked about it?” Seunghyun tilted his head to the side.

 

“It wasn't much but yes I do.”

 

“I was thinking that whenever we come here we should say something that's on our minds or a secret we've been keeping from each other. You know, to commemorate the first time we came here.” Seunghyun waited for Daesung's response.

 

“That sounds nice unless you're keeping something horrible from the other.”

 

“Great, so who should go first?”

 

Daesung pursed his lips and thought about if he wanted to go first. He did have something important to tell Seunghyun, but he was also curious as to what Seunghyun wanted to tell him. If this had been anyone he would have told them to go first, but since it was Seunghyun he decided to be the brave and say what he had on his mind. He knew no matter how different Seunghyun felt about what he was going to say he wouldn't judge him or leave him. He knew that now.

 

“I'll go first.”

 

“Okay, shoot.”

 

“Can I have you hands first?” Seunghyun rested his hands in his and awaited his response. “I don't if I've felt this way for longer or if it was just all of a sudden, but I now know something that I can't hold in for much longer. I want to be with you Seunghyun; I want to be able to hold you and kiss you. I want a lot of things for us and I want to be with you in more than a platonic way. I know that you won't feel the same way for me, but I just wanted to tell you. I didn't want to keep in how I feel about you.”

 

Seunghyun blew out the breath he was holding, “Before I comment on that I want to confess the things that have been on my mind too. I got to think about this all night and I've come up with a conclusion. It was really hard for me to place all my feeling into the right place but I did it. I've told you a lot of times about wanting you by my side, but haven't told you how.”

 

“How?”

 

“Yes, how. I thought long and hard about how I wanted you and what you really mean to me. I'm still not sure if it's right, but I've started to think of you as more than a friend. I want you to know that if you'd have me, I'd like to be your boyfriend.”

 

Daesung looked at him disbelievingly, “If I'd have you? Seunghyun, I want you to be with me. I literally want you there's no ifs about it.”

 

“So is that a yes?” Seunghyun was about ready to die of embarrassment if Daesung was just messing with him.

 

“Of course! Come here.” Daesung opened his arms for Seunghyun to come and embrace him.

 

Seunghyun gladly hugged him and buried his face in his neck. “You make me so happy.”

 

“I could say so much more about you.”

 

They both looked at each other with smiles on their faces. Right then and there it was like it was only them two. They realized it was the perfect moment to share their first kiss as a couple and that is what they did. It was slow and needed not like the kiss they shared at the party. The few seconds that the kiss lasted was the most important seconds that they would share. It would leave a long lasting memory of pure bliss between the two. There would little regret when their lips parted, but they knew that they would share many more in the days to come.

 

It was like life was letting them have a good time between them before the dark cloud above their relationship would come. At this moment they were happy, but sooner than later their smiles would turn back to frowns.