Forever And A Day - Chen

From Beginning to End

Gosh I need to stop. Okay, I promise I'll work on the next chapter of The Return tonight! But for right now, have a Chen Drabble! This came about somewhere between listening to Peter Pan on infinite loop and talking nonstop to my Chen obsessed biased friend. Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc 

---

You wished you could just disappear. 

This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. You were supposed to be happy, ecstatic even. Usually girls are when the boy of their dreams confessed to them. But everything, for some reason, just seemed wrong.

But there you were, hiding up in your old tree house. 

You hugged your knees to your chest and heaved a sigh.

"I knew I would find you up here," Chen smirked as he climbed into the tree house.

You paid no attention to your classmate as he crawled over to your spot near the window.

"So why are you up here?"

You shrugged silently, resting your chin on your knees as you stared out of the small window at the stars.

"When we were little, we would spend forever and a day up here," Chen sighed as he glanced around the small six by six square, "Man, I haven't been up here in years."

"Me neither," you whispered, still looking up at the stars.

Chen's lips curled into a small smile at the sound of your voice, no matter how faint it was.

You drew you attention away from the night sky when Chen started to shift around the contents of a cardboard box in the corner of the room.

"It's still here!" he beamed and crawled back over to your side.

You watched him curiously as he dusted off an old composition book with the words "ADVENTURES LOG" written on the cover.

"You had one of these?" you asked as Chen flipped to the first page.

"Of course!" he squinted his eyes as he tried to decipher his old scrawl, "I had to document all of our adventures."

You bit down on your bottom lip to keep yourself from laughing. Chen was always the one who took everything so seriously.

"I think this page is about our adventures in Neverland," he smiled and scooted closer to you, pointing to something on the page, "I think that's something about Captain Hook."

You smiled to yourself as you continued to read Chen's logs.

"Remember when we would play like this?" Chen whispered, "Me as Peter Pan and you as Tinkerbell? Dreaming of never growing up and staying young forever?"

You glanced out of the window once again, "And staying up here past sunset just to gaze at the stars until we fell asleep?"

You felt your heart start to beat abnormally fast in your chest when Chen leaned over your shoulder so he could look out the window as well.

You slowly turned your head to face Chen and your breath got caught in your throat when you found him staring back down at you.

The journal was long forgotten, your confession dilemma a distant memory when Chen's eyes landed on your lips and he slowly started leaning towards you.

You jerked away from him, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Kissing you," he whispered, his cheeks turning a visibly deeper shade of red, even in the limited light form the moon.

You glanced down at your feet, "Peter Pan's not supposed to fall for Tinkerbell."

Chen placed two fingers under your chin and lifted your head so he could look into your eyes.

"But this is our fairy tale."

And then he kissed you.