Endings - Optional Bias

From Beginning to End

Yay optional bias! Whooo! Just something quick and short for you all. Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

“We should end this.”

You look up from your phone and stare at the boy sitting in front of you.

“What are you talking about?” you ask in confusion, “But we just got our food.”

“Not our date. This,” he motions between the two of you, “Us.”

You grip your phone tightly, hand slightly shaking from the tension.

“Why?” you ask quickly and quietly in order to conceal the tremor in your voice.

“I’m an idol and …” he stares down at his hands that are balled into tights fists in his lap, “it’s better for the both of us.”

You knit your eyebrows together, refusing to believe the words that are spilling from his mouth, “That’s a horrible excuse.”

“It’s true.”

“How on earth is us breaking up better for the both of us?”

“You’ve been getting threats.”

“I expected that when we first starting dating, I can deal with those.”

“I barely spend time with you.”

“You know I’m not the type to need to spend every waking minute with my boyfriend.”

“Look at me,” he demands and you do, “I have to wear this stupid disguise just to go out with you in public. And we still can’t go to places that have a lot of people. We always have to sneak around, duck into alleys and hide in stores when someone even remotely suspects who I am. That’s not a normal relationship, that’s not even a real relationship at all.”

You bite down on your lip as you take in his clenched jaw, stiff posture, and eyes filled with visible hurt.

“Is there anything that I can say to change your mind?” you whisper, already knowing the answer.

He stands up abruptly and you flinch at the harsh sound of chair legs scraping against tile flooring.

“No,” he says shortly, voice void of any emotion, slipping into the persona you only see when he’s on stage, “I’m sorry for wasting your time, but I think we both need to return back to reality now.”

You stay frozen in your seat as he leaves the small restaurant and long after that.

There is no dramatic chase.

No heartwarming make up.

No happily ever after.

Just you, two plates of cold food, and reality. 

---

I actually wrote this with EXO's Jongin (Kai) in mind. Just a little fun fact :)