Cold Embrace - Myungsoo

From Beginning to End

Inspired by Wong Fu Productions, L's Bravo Viewtiful, and a lovely Anon who left Myungsoo's name in my inbox. This one is quite short, but isn't that just what a drabble is? Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

---

“Oppa?”

Myungsoo looked up from his camera to see you standing a few feet away from him, your head tilted back and your arm in the air. A single snowflake fluttered from the sky and gently landed on your mitten covered hand.

“Yeah?”

“What do you think it’s like? To be a snowflake?” you mused as you admired the tiny piece of frozen ice.

Myungsoo glanced up at the steady sprinkle of frozen flakes that were falling from the sky, “I don’t know. Sad?”

“Sad?” you asked, curiously tilting your head to the side.

“Yeah, I mean they spend their lives plummeting towards the ground just to get crushed under shoes or clumped into balls that are carelessly thrown around,” he mumbled with a shrug as he went back to viewing the pictures he just took, “And if they don’t get crushed, they eventually end up melting anyways.”

The two of you fell silent, the only sound coming from your boots crunching in the snow as you walked around.

“I wouldn’t mind being one,” you said softly.

Myungsoo looked up at you and raised an eyebrow.

“They’re all insanely beautiful, but each is unique,” you caught another in your hand and held it closer to your face for a  few seconds before letting it flutter to the ground, “They bring joyful snow days and cozy winter afternoons. And even though they’re falling, at least they’re not alone.”

Myungsoo stood frozen as he gazed at you in awe. You continued to look around the open field the two of you were standing on, puffs of white smoke emerging from your mouth with every exhale.

You turned back to Myungsoo and your cheeks flushed when your eyes met his. A chill ran up your spine and you were pretty certain it wasn’t because of the weather.

“W-Why are you staring at me like that?” your teeth chattered a little when a gust of cold air blew through your jacket.

Instead of answering your question, Myungsoo simply walked up to you and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his embrace.

You tensed for a moment before relaxing into his embrace and wrapping your arms around his waist with a content sigh.

Allowing your eyes to slip shut, you laid your head against his chest as he pressed a kiss on the top of your head.

Warmth enveloped the both of you and the two of you could have probably stayed there forever, standing in the middle of a snowy field and in each other’s arms.

“You know on second thought, I wouldn’t mind being a snowflake either,” he mumbled into your hair.

You tilted your head up and rested your chin on his chest, a small pout on your lips, “You just said that it would sad to be one. That they just fall from the sky, get stomped on, and melt in the end?”

“Yeah, I still believe that,” he nodded and looked into your eyes with a loving smile, “But it would be worth it if it meant falling with you.”