Knowing How - D.O

From Beginning to End

So I wrote this a long, long time ago for a friend. [She knows who she is if she reads this] I wasn't going to post it here since it's really short and was written on a whim but I thought, what the heck might as well. Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

---

It was the night after the SM Town Seoul concert. All of the other members fell asleep hours ago, their soft snores echoing through the dorm.

You laid next to D.O on his bed, both of you sharing his pillow and his hand holding yours under the blanket that was draped over both of your bodies.

“Oppa,” you called softly, trying to be careful to not wake up Kai who was sleeping on the bunk above D.O’s.

“Yeah?” he answered with his eye closed.

“You guys did amazing tonight,” you whispered.

D.O turned his head to the side to look at you and gave you a small smile, “Thanks, jagiya.”

“I really liked the Usher cover,” you said.

Your mind traveled back to their performance with TTS, well mainly the part with the boys of EXO. You smiled internally when you thought about how perfect it was. The dance, the rap, and not to mention your boyfriend’s English.

“Yeah, that one was one of my favorites, too,” he chuckled.

You your side and brought your intertwined hands up to rest on the pillow between both of your heads.

“Why is your English so good?” you asked him curiously, “You didn’t study in the States did you?”

D.O shook his head lazily.

“Then why?” you pressed.

“You want to know the truth?” he raised an eyebrow at you.

You nodded your head quickly, dying to know his secret.

“Well, to be honest,” he let out an embarrassed laugh, “I listen to how you talk.”

“Me?” you asked a little caught off guard.

“Yeah, when you talk to your friends that are still in America. I listened to how you say certain words and letters and then matched them to the words in the song,” he explained.

You blinked at him a few times, “Wow, that’s pretty smart.”

“Yeah, I’m a hidden genius,” he smirked as he let go of your hand and wrapped his arms around your waist.

You scoffed as D.O pulled you towards him and rested your head on his chest.

The two of you stayed silent, D.O enjoying the warmth that was radiating off your body and you listening to the sound of his heart beating in his chest.

“This doesn’t seem real,” you whispered, breaking the silence.

“What do you mean?” D.O asked with a yawn and hugged you tighter.

“Us, me laying here with you,” you sighed, “It all seems like a dream.”

“Well, it’s not,” he placed a kiss on the top of your head, “The concert probably wore you out and you’re getting delirious. We should go to sleep.”

You were about to say something back to him when you felt his chest slowly rising and falling.

“Of course you already fell asleep,” you shook your head as you wrapped your arms around his waist and closed your eyes, letting sleep take over your body.