The True You - Kai

From Beginning to End

This was supposed to be a drabble request, but I went kind of overboard and it turned out to be as long as a regular oneshot. I'm still not going to make a poster because it was a requested drabble and I'm lazy orz.

Also, I know that I didn't make it really clear, but I would appreciate it if this drabble request initiative doesn't turn into full blown oneshot requests. I really wanted to use these requests to explore different types of writing so that’s why I only asked for names of idols, not story ideas. So from now on, if anyone sends me an actual request along with an idol's name, I'm kinda … just going to use the idol … and not the request. Sorry >.< but we really aren't supposed to be taking any types of requests right now. But anyways, I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelctrans.gif

---

I slipped my head through the neck hole of my black sweater and dusted off the sleeves. I shook my hair out a little before poking my head around the tree trunk I was standing behind.

When I saw a familiar figure walking down the path, I darted over to a nearby lamp post and pressed my back against it. I took a few deep breaths and peeked around the metal post and felt my heart skip a beat when my eyes landed on her.

"Kai? Kai~?"

I let out a dreamy sigh. No one could ever say my name like she did.

I didn't take my eyes of her, not even for a second, as I sat down on a vacant park bench and continued to silently watch her call out my name into the night.

"Kai? Where are you?" she continued to search around, bending slightly over to look under bushes with the cutest pout I have ever seen on her face.

'I'm right here, silly,' I shook my head slightly with a small smile as I dreamily gazed at my owner.

"How could he just disappear like this?" I heard her ask herself as she scratched the back of her head in wonder, a mannerism that only I knew she did when she was confused.

'I didn't disappear, just simply changed,' I answered her silently as I stared down at my human hands and shoe covered feet.  

I heaved a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. What's the point in being able to turn into a human if I can't even talk to her?

How I wish I could tell her the truth, that a curse was placed upon me, making me appear in the form of a cat when the sun rises, then turning me into a human boy when the sun sets.

If I was ever given the chance, I would talk to her forever. I would tell her how much I love it when she scratched me between my ears or when she would let me sleep on her lap. I would remind her of all the lazy afternoons at the park or the chilly mornings in bed we spent together. I would promise her that her secrets were safe with me and I would always be there for her.  

If I could just tell her the truth, maybe she would fall for me. Just like how I fell for her.

"Excuse me."

My head snapped towards the direction of the voice and my eyes widened when I saw her standing a few feet away from the bench I was sitting on.

"Y-Yes?"

I cursed myself for stuttering. Why was I so nervous? This girl, this beautiful, sweet, caring girl, was my owner. I saw her every day, hell, I even lived the same house as her.

 But I still couldn't help but feel butterflies start to flutter in my stomach when I noticed that her cheeks had turned a light shade of pink.

"Have you seen a black Angora cat?" she asked as she twisted a lock of hair around with her fingers, another mannerism that she had when she was nervous.

There's no need to be nervous, love. I know I may look like one of those heart throb bad boys in the dramas we would spend hours watching together, but I'm still Kai. I'm still your best friend.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I have," I gently shook my head and flashed an apologetic smile.

I almost laughed out loud when I saw the blush on her cheeks deepen. Who knew I could have this much of an effect on her?

"Oh, okay then," she mumbled, dropping her eyes to the ground, "Thank you anyways."

Impulse took over my body as I instinctively reached out and grabbed her wrist when she started to walk away.

"Wait."

She looked at me over her shoulder, curiosity in her beautiful eyes.

I instantly retracted my hand from around her wrist and gripped onto side of my pant leg instead.

"Ummm, maybe I can help you find your cat?" I offered.

"Really? That would be great!" her eyes turned into half moons and a bright smile appeared on her face.

As we walked down the moonlit path, I found myself unconsciously staring at her as she looked over bushes and around trees.

Does she even know how beautiful she is? And not just on the outside, but the inside as well? Does she see herself the way that I see her?

"Where do you think he could be?" she asked suddenly as she tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

I'm right beside you, sweetheart.

"Oh, I wouldn't know," I shrugged.

"Hm, he is a really good hider. I mean, I can never beat him at hide and seek," she pursed her lips and glanced around at the near empty park.

It took every ounce of my energy to hold myself back from cupping her cheeks with my hands and kissing her right then and there.

"It sounds like you really love him."

"I do," she smiled up at me.

And I love you, too.

"He's my best friend," she continued with a thoughtful expression, "I can tell him anything and sometimes, it seems like he's really listening."

But I am, I'll always listen to what you have to say.

"Well, I better get home," she glanced down at her watch, "Thank you for helping me look for him."

"No problem," I shook my head, "Maybe he'll maybe find his way home later?"

"I hope so. I don't know what I would do without him," she let out a tired sigh, "Well, have a nice night. Thank you again."

I waved at her a sad smile and let my hand drop to my side when she turned her back to me and continued to walk down the dimly lit park path. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and walked in the opposite direction.

You wouldn't know what you'd do without me? More like I wouldn't know what I'd do without you.