Seeking Solace - Daehyun

From Beginning to End

Daehyun request for Anon. I'm still taking the requests! Remember to send them only to my personal blog and only send a name of an idol, not what you want to happen in the drabble. Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

---

My Dearest Friend,

How are you? I hope you’re doing well. It’s been a quite a while since I’ve last sent you one of these hasn’t it?

But I just needed to get something off my chest and you were the first person I thought of. I have kept quiet for far too long, so long, that I feel as if I’m about to explode. So I’m just going to say it.

I’m in love.

I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. I feel as if my heart will explode every time she glances my way and stomach does summersaults every time she’s near.  Her smile can brighten up the gloomiest of days and her laugh is just too beautiful that my words could never do it justice.

She’s perfect, but the only thing is … she’s in love with someone else.

My heart hurts so much, but I care about her too much to take her away from happiness just to satisfy my selfish desire to make her mine.

What should I do?

- A Fool in Love

You sighed and laid your head down on the desk you were sitting at. You your bottom lip into your mouth and reread the letter from your anonymous pen pal again.

Glancing up at the clock hanging on the wall over the entrance to the library, you pulled out a sheet of line paper and started writing a response.

You quickly folded the paper into fourths and walked towards the bookcases. Heading into the classics section, you pulled the second copy of Gone with the Wind off the shelf and opened the book to the second chapter. You stuck the note inside, closed the book, and placed the book back on the shelf before heading out of the library.

---

“Any plans for the weekend?” Daehyun asked you as the two of you walked down the hall together.

But before you could reply, an arm was slung over your shoulder so suddenly that you were almost knocked over.

“We’re going bowling,” Youngjae answered for you, giving Daehyun a cheeky smile.

Daehyun rolled his eyes at his best friend and gave him a pointed glare, “I wasn’t asking you.”

“Do you want to come with us?” you looked up at Daehyun.

Daehyun glanced between you and Youngjae, “Uhhh, no thanks, I’ll feel kind of third-wheelish.”

“Your lost man,” your boyfriend shrugged before taking your hand into his, “Come on, we need to get going. I have to run some errands before I walk you home.”

“Okay,” you nodded and turned back to Daehyun, “The invitation is still open if you ever change your mind.”

“I’ll remember that,” Daehyun smiled before giving the two of you wave.

Daehyun stopped in the middle of the hallway, watching you laugh as Youngjae pulled your down the hallway towards parking lot with a heavy heart.

He sighed as he pulled a copy of Gone with the Wind out of his backpack. He smiled a little to himself when he flipped to the second chapter and saw a note stuck between the pages.

He dropped his bag and sat on the floor, leaning against the lockers as he unfolded the note.

My Dearest Friend,

I’m sorry but this will be rushed since I only have five minutes before lunch ends.

Not matter what, continue to stay true to your heart and if it’s meant to be, you will be together in the end.

Maybe take a chance and confess? If she knew your feelings, she’d be crazy not to fall for a guy like you.

Best of luck!

- A Girl Who’s Always There