Love - Luhan

From Beginning to End

Luhan for my love, Tina. Definitely a different style than I have ever written before so I hope you all like it. ~Admin Kelc

And Tina, I threw in something special for you, I think you'll know when you read it :)

Also, I am taking drabble requests! So if you would like to request an idol, go HERE and leave one in my inbox. IMPORTANT: Please don't send in plots! I just want a variety of idols because I've been literally been writing for the same people lately! So if you want a specific idol that we don't really write for, now's your chance!! 

I’ve worked in the same bookstore for quite sometime now, shelving and organizing everything from new releases to the classics written centuries ago. It’s a small, locally owned business, never busy enough to have more than a couple employees working at a time, but just busy enough to stay in business.

Many people have walked through the door, ringing the small, gold painted bell that’s screwed into the wall above the door. From elders looking for a certain edition that has long gone out of print, to quiet bookworms who beeline to the exact shelf that the book they are looking for would be, and teenaged girls who just want to lounge around the magazine racks and check the latest celebrity gossip, I’ve seen it all.

But one boy has stood out from the rest.

He walked into the small store one day, a burst of cold autumn air following him through the door.

I watched him stroll through the shelves, hands tucked into his pockets as his eyes skimmed over the thousands of titles printed on multicolored spines. He didn’t look like he was searching for a specific book, probably just killing time after school like many other high schoolers who’ve entered the store before him.

I tore my eyes away from him when he started to approach me and focused on the stack of children’s books that were pulled out from the shelves and were in a desperate need of reorganizing. I saw him hesitate a few feet away from me out of the corner of my eye and fought down a smile in order to save both of us the embarrassment.

“Excuse me,” he said in a surprisingly soft voice, “I know this is probably a strange question, but are people, like, allowed to study in here?”

He fidgeted a bit after asking his question and, I have to admit, it was kind of adorable.

His name was Luhan according to the name tag pinned to the lapel of his uniform blazer.

“Um, there’s chairs in the corner over there,” I pointed over my shoulder towards two arm chairs in the corner of the store, “If no one is using them, you’re free to study there.”

“Really?” he looked up with eyes so bright I thought I might have gone temporarily blind.

I nodded slowly, blinking a bit to clear my vision.

He thanked me and skipped out of the store.

I had a feeling that that was not going to be the last time I would see that boy, Luhan.

---

My suspicions turned out to be correct the very next day. I was checking the sci-fi section’s inventory when Luhan walked into the store with a girl in the same uniform in tow.

He led her towards the back of the store, missing the way her cheeks flushed pink when he grabbed her wrist.

After shrugging off their backpacks, they sat there quietly, writing in their notebooks and reading from their textbooks. They rarely spoke to each other aside from the occasional question and “what did you put for [insert number here]?”.

After a few hours, they packed up their bags and left the store, exchanging a few words on the sidewalk before parting ways.

And I was left there, watching after them, wondering just exactly what kind of relationship those two had.

---

They studied in the store everyday since then. By the time autumn froze into winter, I was sure that the two of them were just friends.

And it frustrated me.

They never made googly eyes at each other or tried to sneak glances when the other wasn’t looking.

Of course they would make the occasional playful comment towards each other or bug one when the other was trying to concentrate. But it was never more than that.

Basically, they simply sat there and studied.

But what really irritated me was that I knew, I just knew, that their relationship could blossom into something more. They had that relaxed demeanor around each other that would be perfect for a relationship and they obviously got along well and they just looked cute together okay?

Sometimes, I just wanted to walk up to them, grab each by the back of their heads, and push their faces together like that meme on Tumblr.

But that would be weird.

And mildly inappropriate.

Ugh.

---

When the new year rolled around, I had come to accept the fact that my bookstore couple was never going to get together (as painful as it was).

I was going to add more inventory to the graphic novel section when I found the couple sitting together on the floor, leaning against the very shil that I was going to restock, both hovering over a manga.

I hid from them on instinct and peeked around the shelf as if I was trying to not scare a wild animal without scaring it.

They didn’t seem to notice my presence as they sat side by side, reading the book together, laughing at various times and taking turns turning the page.

If I’m being honest, it got pretty boring after five minutes.

But then Luhan whispered something into her ear.

I watched as she turned away from the book in their laps to look up at him. 

Luhan leaned his head towards her and gently knocked his forehead against her’s. He tilted his head up to place a kiss on her forehead. Then the tip of her nose. And finally her lips.

When they pulled away, they stared into each other’s eyes for a few moments before simultaneously bursting into laughter. Luhan’s face was flushed red with embarrassment as she hid her smile behind her hands and it was literally the cutest thing I have ever seen that I almost died.

Luhan eventually got up on his feet and helped the girl up, taking the manga from her hands.

“I’ll buy this for you,” he said.

“You don’t have to,” she refused quietly.

“No. I’ve been your boyfriend for over a year and I’m going to buy this for you.”

I stared at the couple with my jaw dropped, clutching onto a box of Ouran High School Host Club volumes, as he laced his fingers through her’s and walked up to the front register. And I stood in that same spot for a good two minutes after they left.

So … they were together the whole time.

Huh.

Well, as least I wasn’t hoping for a doomed relationship right?

---

I never saw them again after that day. Perhaps they found another bookstore to spend time together in or realized that a coffee shop more rightly fit their fluffy relationship. Or maybe, they just found out that one of the workers was spying on them.