Heartfelt Apology - Chen

From Beginning to End

Here Mikela. Are you happy now? ~Admin Kelc

---

“‘Girl Trampled by Fans at EXO Concert’,” you read the giant words on the front page of the newspaper aloud, “Well isn’t that embarrassing?”

You dropped the newspaper onto the ground and threw your head back against your pillow.

You had only been bedridden for only a day and you could already feel yourself start to get restless.

Sitting up on your bed in your private hospital room, you frowned down at the purple-ish blue splotches that were scatted across your arms and the giant cast wrapped around your leg.

All you wanted to do was see Exo. You just wanted to listen to their voices with your own ears and see their perfectly synchronized choreography with your own eyes. And this is what happened.

The worst part was: you didn’t even get to see them perform.

But you couldn’t blame them for having ... passionate and excited fans. You know that it wasn’t their fault, it wasn’t anyone’s fault. You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“______?”

You looked up to see a nurse poking her head into your room.

“You have a visitor,” she smiled and disappeared from the doorway.

You gave her a confused look but your eyes turned into saucers when a boy, carrying flowers and stuffed animal, walked into the room.

“Oh, my gosh …” you whispered as Chen placed the gifts on the window sill next to your bed and gave you a soft smile.

He slowly walked towards the chair next to your bed and sat down as you continued to gawk at him.

“Ummm,” Chen cleared his throat, “You’re name is ______, right?”

You nodded mutely.

“I’m Chen,” he smiled, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too,” you whispered with pink tinted cheeks.

“I’m really sorry about what happened last night,” he dropped his eyes to the floor, “The other members wanted to be here but the company didn’t want to attract too much attention here and make things uncomfortable for you.”

“It’s okay,” you laughed, “But you really didn’t have to come here to visit me. You guys must be really busy right now.”

“Yeah we are kinda busy,” he agreed, “But I wanted to visit you.”

Chen noticed the bruises on your arms and frowned.

“Does it hurt?” he brushed his fingertips lightly over your arm.

You felt you heartbeat quicken and you thanked the heavens that you weren’t hooked up to a heart monitor.

“Kind of,” you mumbled.

“Is there anything that I can do to make it better?” he asked.

You bit your lip in embarrassment and fixed your eyes on your hands that were folded in your lap, “There actually is something you can do.”

“Tell me,” he sat up straight.

“Well, I didn’t really get to see you perform and I was really excited to hear you live and …” you trailed off.

“And you want me to sing for you?” Chen smiled, genuinely touched that you would request such a simple thing from him.

You gave him a sheepish smile.

“No problem!” he beamed and cleared his voice, “What song? What Is Love? Angel? MAMA?”

“Actually,” you twisted your fingers together, “could you sing My Lady? The Chinese version? It’s my favorite song from all the teasers.”

Chen felt his heart swell. Your favorite song was his solo?

“Is that … too much to ask for?” you asked tentatively, “Because any song would be -”

“Oh, no it’s okay,” he laughed and shook his head.

You felt your insides instantly melt as soon as Chen opened his mouth, pouring his heart into the first set of notes. His voice was ten million times better than you could ever imagine in person.

Chen smiled when he saw you close your eyes and lose yourself in his voice.

You beamed and clapped for him as he sang the last word and gave a small bow.

“Can you sing Baby Don’t Cry?” you asked with twinkling eyes, “I really like that one too.”

Chen laughed and gave you a gentle smile, “Sure.”