Twilight - D.O

From Beginning to End

Kyungsoo for nollyolly. The first request from our random drawing! I actually have received a handful of Kyungsoo requests from my batch of winners so I'll try to space out those stories so no one suffers for an overload of BabySoo feels. Hope you all enjoy and Happy Birthday, Noelle! ~Admin Kelc

---

You mindlessly stir your bowl of melted ice cream with your spoon, a small frown on your face. You rest your head on the table with a sigh as the boy sitting across the table from you continues to work on his third bowl, happily shoveling a spoonful of mint chocolate chip into his mouth.

“What’s wrong?” Jongin asks you as he stabs his spoon into the small dome of light green in his bowl.

You lift your head slightly to look at him before resting it back on your arm.

“Nothing,” you mumble.

You lift your spoon out of the pool of milk, cream, and sugar and watch the sweet liquid drip back into the bowl.

“Hey, no being glum,” Jongin pouts childishly, “No one is allowed to be glum while eating ice cream.”

You don’t even spare him a glance or acknowledge his attempt to make you smile and continue to play with your melted ice cream.

Jongin sighs and places his spoon down before crossing his arms in the table.

“Don’t be angry at Kyungsoo for this,” he says softly, “It’s not his fault that he had a schedule tonight.”

“I’m not angry,” you reply.

“But you’re not exactly happy right now either.”

You sit up straight and push your bowl to the side. As you stared down at the table, you couldn’t help but think at how unfair this was. It’s your special day, your birthday. Sure, it comes around every year, but is it really too much to ask to spend it with your boyfriend?

Jongin glances down at his watch and stands up from his chair.

“Come on, let’s go.”

You simply stare at him in confusion as he pulls you out of the ice cream parlor and towards his car.

“Where are we going?” you ask halfheartedly as you buckle your seatbelt.

Jongin doesn’t respond. He simply starts the car and looks over his shoulder as he backs out of the stall.  

You frown a little when he leaves your question hanging but let it go and lean your head against the window. You honestly don’t care at this point anyway.

---

“Is this some kind of sick joke?”

You spread your arms out in front of you as Jongin continues to hold the handkerchief that’s covering your eyes and walk you forward.

“Jongin, I don’t like this,” you whine and reach up for the cloth over your eyes, “Take this thing off.”

“Stop it,” Jongin slaps your hands away, “And I’m not going to do anything to you, geez.”

You walk for what seemed like hours but was probably just minutes before Jongin pulled you to a halt.

“Listen closely,” he says in an (absolutely failed) attempt to be stern and somewhat intimidating, “When I say so, I want you to count to twenty and then you can remove the blindfold, understand?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” you mentally roll you eyes.

You feel his hands leave your shoulders and hear the soft crunch of grass as he steps away from you.

“Okay, start counting.”

You let out a sigh and mentally start counting in your head.

One, two, three, four …

With every passing second, you can hear Jongin’s steps become softer and softer and muffled whispers in the distance.

Sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, …

You quickly pull off the blindfold and your arm slowly falls to your side as you take in your surroundings. Hundreds of jars, glowing different pastels hues, sit amongst the slightly overgrown grass under the shimmering twilight.

“Do you like it?” a silky voice that never fails to make your stomach do summersaults asks.

Your heart leaps into your throat when you look up to see Kyungsoo peeking out from behind a tree. He navigates around the jars, clad in a white dressed shirt rolled up to his elbows and a black bow tie, a dozen roses in one hand. You clutch onto the handkerchief in your hand as he nears, fearing that your unshed tears will spill over.

“So what do you think?” Kyungsoo holds out the bouquet and gives you one of his heart shaped smiles.

Instead of answering or even accepting the roses, you bite down on your lip, duck your head, and wrap your arms around his torso.

Kyungsoo’s smile is replaced with a look of shock as he stares down at you for a few seconds. But shock is quickly replaced with bliss and he wraps his arms around your frame when you bury your face into his neck.

“Happy birthday,” he whispers into your hair and you snuggle further into his embrace.

---

How I imagined the field >3<