Kai (4)

EXO'S One-Shot Collection {HIATUS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and You

“No Kim Jonghwan, don’t cry okay! You're a man and real men never cry.” You heard Jongin’s firm words as you passing the living room.

“And what happen here?” You came to living room as you put your hands on your hips, looking into two boys in front of you.

“Nothing, honey.”

“No, it’s not ‘nothing’ since I saw Jonghwan crying.” You said as you cued your 7 years old son, Jonghwan, to come to you. “Ssh… baby… don’t cry okay. Appa didn’t mean what he said.” You said as you wiped away Jonghwan’s tears.

“You can’t always treat him like that, Gabby.” You heard Jongin’s firm words and being his wife for the last 10 years, you knew that he was angry enough to call you by your name.

“Please go to your bedroom and wait for your noona to come so both of you can play, okay?” You told Jonghwan and after he following your order, you were facing Jongin, ready for his lecturing about why-you-treating-your-son-so-softly thingy. “So, oppa, what happened?”

“I just told him to stop crying, okay. And stop with the attitude like you doing nothing wrong. Stop spoiling your son too much.”

“What’s wrong with crying? And I never spoiled him, okay!”

“He’s a man, that's why!” He raised his voice slightly in frustration.

“He's just a seven years old boy for God’s sake!! He's still a kid, Jongin!” you raised your voice as well just as frustration as him because it wasn’t the first time the both of you argued because of this matter.

“That’s why he should learn from such a young age.” He said coldly as he left living room, leaving you all frustrate and angry.

“Appa...” Jongin heard his nine years old daughter called him.

“Yes, sweetheart?” He beamed and called her daughter to come closer to him.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“I saw Jonghwan’s eyes kinda red which means he was crying and I know you must be scolding him for crying.” Aehrin, her daughter said innocently, send a pang of guilt to Jongin’s chest.

“Appa, I know what you mean by your scolding to Jonghwan whenever he cry, but I think it’s okay for him to cry." Aehrin stated, made Jongin confused.

"Do you know that he standing up for me when the boys in my class teasing me? Don’t you see the bruise on his left arm? It’s because the boys pushed him and he fall on his side, but he didn’t stop what he's doing, he didn’t cry or showing any pain as she keep fight for me.”

With that, Jongin’s eyes started to fill by tears. He didn’t know that his son would be that brave, he did see the bruise when he fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter