Chap. 16

Deadly Thoughts

 

 “This detention needs to end.” Minhee mumbled.

 

“Come on! You started to like me!”

 

“Well, not that much, you still disturb me.”

 

“Yah! You little…” He had to stop because Mrs. Choi came in. “How are you today?”

 

“We?re friends…” Minhee mumbled hopefully.

 

Jongin nodded. “Yes, we’ll go to the cinema together.”

 

Mrs. Choi smirked. “This is detention not a matchmaker game. I don’t want any lovey dovey couple.”

 

Minhee blinked severally. Jongin smiled too. “Don’t worry ma’am. We’re respectful teens.”

 

Mrs. Choi laughed a little bit and left the classroom.

 

“What did she mean? We’re not a couple. You said friends go to the cinema together.”

 

“Of course they go but she is old so she is hidebound. Don’t think that too much.”

 

Minhee rolled her eyes. Thinking too much? Are you kidding me?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“My mom wants to see you again! She said you’re like her missing daughter. Actually I didn’t understand what she meant by that but she loves you!”

 

Chanyeol was talking happily. He was so energetic that Minhee smiled softly. “I’m glad to hear that. Frankly, I didn’t do anything. She just talked.”

 

Chanyeol shook his shoulders. “Well…It’s enough for her.”

 

Minhee laughed a little and opened her books. “Anyway, let’s start to study. Today we’re gonna talk about electricity.”

 

Chanyeol pouted and nodded with sadness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Hey, Luhan-sshi! A bubble tea again?” Minhee asked to him smiling.

 

Luhan bit his lip and nodded. “Strawberry…”

 

Minhee nodded and left to bring his order.

 

After few minutes she came back and gave him his bubble tea.

 

“How are you?” She asked.

 

Luhan blinked blankly because of shock. She started a conversation?

 

“I’m…good. You?” He stuttered. And I ruined everything…

 

Minhee sighed. “You know…things to do. Today I’ll go to the cinema, you know…I hope it won’t be a romantic film…”

 

Luhan smiled. “You don’t like it?”

 

“I hate it! I love horror films, or action or comedy but not romance.”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Jongin is afraid of horror movies.”

 

Minhee laughed. “Really? And he always acts like he is cool.”

 

Luhan nodded. “I know, right?”

 

The new customers came and Minhee had to leave.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Which movie will we watch?” Minhee asked.

 

Jongin bit his lip. He wanted to watch a romantic comedy but Luhan told him Minhee hated them.

 

“You choose!” Jongin said with a grin.

 

Minhee looked at the movies and smirked a little bit. “This one!”

 

Jongin’s grin slowly faded. “Are you sure?”

 

Minhee nodded. “But if you don’t want it, it’s…”

 

Jongin cut her words. “No! Of course not! We’ll have fun.” He beamed happily and held her hand. “Let’s go!”

 

Minhee nodded with a secret smirk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Oh God…Don’t…My eyes…”Jongin was mumbling silently.

 

Minhee was tryin hard not to laugh. The movie wasn’t that scary though. It reminds me Saw somehow…

 

But Jongin wasn’t watching the movie. He closed his eyes and he opened them so rare. When he opened them he was murmuring something and shutting them again.

 

Minhee was watching him and smiling slowly. Having some friends is entertaining…

 

Jongin was holding her hand and tightening every time he got scared. When the movie was over he took a deep breath. “Let’s leave here!” He almost screamed.

 

Minhee nodded. “Okay…”

 

They left the cinema and started to walk slowly. When they saw a cat running, Jongin stopped and screamed a little bit.

 

“Wow…it is not so manly Jongin.” Minhee .

 

Jongin looked away. “Um…did you like the movie?”

 

Minhee nodded. “I loved it! I liked how the zombies ate…”

 

“Okay, okay…I’m glad to hear that you liked it!” Jongin cut her words and mumbled.

 

Minhee smiled. He didn’t even watch the movie…He believed that zombie thing…

 

“You didn’t have to watch it, you could just say to me you’re afraid of it.”

 

Jongin laughed at her. “Me? Scared? Not at all! I just…don’t like horror movies. So meaningless and idiotic and…and…”

 

“Scary?” Minhee chuckled.

 

Jongin pouted and didn’t respond.

 

After 5 minutes Minhee sighed. “Okay, okay, people can be afraid of anything. Don’t act like a child.”

 

Jongin shook his shoulders.

 

Minhee laughed at his childish attitude.

 

“Okay, we arrived at my house, I’m leaving!” She announced and kissed his cheek.

 

“See ya!” She left him there frozen.

 

But…I had to ask you out…and you should kiss me from my lips…Anyway, I’ll win this bet…