Suspicions

Second Chances

Your alarm clock on the night stand next to your bed rang.

You walked over with your toothbrush in your mouth and turned it off.

You had woken up an hour earlier than usual, since ChunJi had called you last night, telling you that he'd be over with breakfast.

After you changed into your school's uniform, you plopped down on the couch with your laptop on your lap.

You scrolled through the videos that popped up as results from what you were searching. You clicked on the first one.

The video loaded and began playing. It was a dance cover for the girl group, Miss A.

You sang along to the song and watched the dancers carefully.

After dancing with JiMin, you wanted to endulge yourself to dance, more and more.

It was like a craving you never knew about.

Halfway into the song, your apartment's door buzzed. You paused the video and lowered the screen. Then, you got up and went to open the door.

"Good morning!" ChunJi exclaimed as he tried to balance the breakfast and coffee that were on both hands.

"Let me help you," you said, reaching for the coffee holder.

ChunJi ducked from your arm and headed to the kitchen counter. He set everything down and pulled you over to sit down next to him.

He took out the bagels he brought and handed one to you.

"Thanks," you smiled, ready to eat.

Both of you ate in silence. ChunJi turned his head towards you and watched you eat your bagel, as he ate from his.

*I wish this could happen everyday,* he thought.

He looked at you again and almost choked. He coughed a bit and then proceeded to laugh.

You furrowed your brows, "What?"

He pointed to his mouth and you gave him a confused look.

"Here," he grabbed a napkin and reached over to you.

Slowly and gently, ChunJi wipped off the cream cheese that was on your lips.

You got up, "I should go to the bathroom for this." You nodded and walked to the bathroom at faster pace than usual.

ChunJi looked down at the napkin and sighed.

At that moment, your computer got a message and displayed the sound. He glanced over to the couch and called out for you.

"----, I think you got a message."

You didn't respond, so ChunJi went to your computer to check.

He lifted up the screen and stopped when he saw what was on it. His eyes wavered at the sight of the video.

He gulpped and his finger accidentally brushed the space bar, playing the paused dance.

Startled, ChunJi quickly paused it again and pulled the cover down. And just as you came out of the bathroom, he slid into his seat and picked up his breakfast.

You sat next to him and continued eating as well.

When you both were finished, ChunJi waited as you locked your apartment's door.

He walked to the elevator and pressed the down button.

He tilted his head back and shut his eyes, waiting for the sound of your voice or the sound of the elevator's doors opening.

In his eyelids, the image of you watching the dance video and dancing along to it formed.

*Why?* And you called out to him.

He followed you into the elevator. *What's going on?*