Dance Partner

Second Chances

As the dance team did their stretch routines, JiMin was fixing one of the speakers.

You walked up next to her and asked, "Do you need any help?"

She looked up from her phone, then back down. "No, thanks. And thanks for coming. I really appreciate it."

You smiled, "Anytime. What do you want me to do though? I'm not on the dance team."

Your brows furrowed with confusion, "I think one of the girls on the team isn't here today, so can you fill in her spot?"

"Why? Isn't your choreo, solo? She can just make it up some other day."

JiMin smiled mischievously, but took a step back, afraid you were going to be angry, "The teacher made it a partner dance..."

You looked at her, wide-eyed. You took a few seconds to understand what she was saying, "What?"

"I said-" she began.

"I know," you stopped her and sighed. You could tell that she was very passionate about it and you knew she needed your help. "I guess I could do a partner dance. I haven't in awhile though."

JiMin lit up when she heard the words: "I could." She giggled, "Don't worry. You'll be fine." She then slung her arm through yours and turned to look at all the guys.

"Who do you want to dance with though?" she asked.

Your eyes immediately flew to one boy. The only boy in the room that you seemed to care about a lot.

She noticed your reaction and followed your gaze. *L.Joe?* She looked back at you and her eyes began to sparkle, but she played it off.

"I'm kidding," she laughed. She told you to wait for her and ran off to tell the others to finish up their warmups.

You watched her as she ran straight in L.Joe's direction.

"L.Joe!" she said, waving at him. "Guess what?"

He was stretching out his arms as JiMin approached him.

"I'm not guessing," he arrogantly replied, feeling jittery with you in the room.

She gave him a long face, "She wants to be your partner too."

L.Joe immediately looked to the side, dropped his arms, and quickly dragged JiMin to the far side of the room to prevent the others from hearing.

"She does?" he asked, his voice going up at the last word.

She crossed her arms, "You don't believe me?"

"No, I do. Sorry..." he paused. "Just keep your promise, okay?"

"I will. You helped me get my choreo chosen for the show. I owe you." She smiled, turned around, and walked to the middle of the room. She proceeded to form the pairs.

You watched your good friend as she called names out. You heard some people groan and some laugh like crazy.

*I wonder who I'm going to be paired with...* you thought, as the dance team got split up.

"Next," JiMin announced. "---- and L.Joe."

Your jaw dropped a bit and you felt your insides flutter. *No. No way. Am I dreaming?*

*Oh my gosh, I'm not,* you screamed in your mind as you felt L.Joe place his arm on your almost bare shoulders.

As you stood there, bewildered, L.Joe took this chance to call out to JiMin.

He waited for her to look his way before he mouthed, "Thank you."

She gave him a thumbs up and clapped her hands twice, shouting to everyone that they were going to begin.

L.Joe waved his hand in front of your face, calling you back to reality, "Are you ready?"

You nodded and he smiled.

As the song began, he grabbed your hand, ready to perfect the choreo with you as his partner.