Not A Lucid Dreamer

Second Chances

A bright, white light flashed quickly through the darkness of your closed eyelids.

You opened your eyes and sat up abruptly, your forehead patched with sweat.

You got out of your bed and walked over to your bedroom window, pulling open the velvet curtains. The sky was getting brighter as you pressed your hands against the windowsill.

*Thank goodness, I don't have school today,* you thought.

You trudged into the bathroom and the cold water. *Last night was weird,* you splashed the water onto your face.

*I haven't dreamt in a while...* Even though it was pretty short, the dream you had felt like... reality. Like it was cut from someone's life.

You leaned back and stretched, *Whatever, I probably won't remember it anyways. Maybe I should go out and get some fresh air.* Even though you've been back in Seoul for a while now, you haven't really had much time to go out into the city and have some fun.

You dashed to your bedroom and opened the door to your large closet. Entering an interior full of clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories, you began to put an outfit together.

To your right, you picked out a black short sleeved crop top and a pair of high-waisted blue skinny jeans. Then, on your left, you chose a flowy, white coat. Even though you were dressed like it was spring, winter had already started.

As you brushed your long, brown hair, you suddenly remembered, "Christmas!" 

You looked at your phone's calendar, there was still about three weeks left.

Quickly grabbing a small shoulder bag, you stepped out of your apartment and waited for an elevator.

Once you got ouside, you went across the street to a cafe to get some breakfast. And as soon as you were done, you walked down, deep into the city.

You passed a few shops and stood by a dress shop, looking at the window display. *I need one for Unnie's wedding...*

"Hyung!" You heard a voice say. "Don't look right now, but there's a pretty girl near us." You took a quick glance around and saw many girls on the block, so you didn't think too much into it and minded your own business.

Meanwhile, Ricky tugged on ChangJo's sleeve, "For real!"

ChangJo pulled away from Ricky's grasp and continued reading his magazine, "Oh... Really? Again?"

Niel looked up from his phone as Ricky nodded his head aggressively, "Where?"

Ricky pointed in your direction, but since your back was turned, you didn't see him nor could they see your face.

"ChunJi's almost done," L.Joe said, walking down the steps of the shop the boys were standing in front of.

"Hyung, hyung," Ricky persisted, grabbing onto L.Joe. "That girl over there. She's really pretty. She's not facing us right now, but I know she's definitely pretty."

Feeling many pairs of eyes on your back, you turned around and faced the group of boys.

"Oh," L.Joe began saying. "It's-"

"Who?" ChunJi asked, coming out of the shop. When his eyes met yours, he smiled widely. "----!"

He quickly ran down the steps of the shop and put his arm around you, "Are you shopping?"

You smiled and nodded, "Are these your friends?"

Ricky ran up to you and immediately said. "How do you know our hyung?"

"She's an old friend." ChunJi nudged Ricky away from you, "That's Ricky, Niel, L.Joe, and ChangJo."

"C.A.P hyung's with his girlfriend," Ricky giggled, excited to have met you. "Can I call you Noona?"

As you chatted with your new friends, L.Joe eyed ChunJi's arm, which was still resting on your shoulders. It made him feel uneasy. *They can't be dating... Can they?*

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I apologize for this super late update, everyone! I'll try my best to update as soon as I can.