His Name's L.Joe

Second Chances

You walked down the hallway towards the school’s library and entered a room full of neat shelves and spacious tables.

 

You had a free period, so you decided to catch up with the new curriculum you had to follow.

 

As you looked through the shelves for a book on performing, you yawned and rubbed your eyes. *I’m so tired.*

 

You had stayed up all night, making the favorite dishes you shared with ChunJi for the lunch you promised him. You didn’t think it’d be that bad, but the jet lag you still had proved you wrong.

 

You grabbed a thick book, walked to the nearest table, and sat down, ready to indulge yourself with information.

 

You were about to begin reading the first chapter, when out of the corner of your eye, you saw familiar dark blonde hair.

 

Sitting across from you was the cute boy you had bumped into, but this time he was wearing glasses.

 

*What should I do? It’s him again.* You quickly turned your attention back to the book. *Why is this happening so early in the morning?*

 

“Uh, hello?” A voice said. You looked up, surprised.

 

He smiled, “It really is you. You probably don’t remember someone like me, but I’m L.Joe.”

 

The same hand that had helped you up the other day was stretched out towards you again.

 

You felt your cheeks grow warm as you shook his hand and introduced yourself.

 

L.Joe pointed at your book, “Are you studying?”

 

“Yes, are you?”

 

He shook his head, “I’m writing a song. Wait, I just thought of something.”

 

He scribbled on the page of his notebook and you rested your chin on your hand, watching him.

 

All of the previous thoughts you had about studying, completely vanished.

 

L.Joe turned his notebook around, “What do you think of this?”

 

You leaned forward to read the words he had written on the page. After reading just a few lines, you were impressed.

 

“Wow, this is really good, but do you mind if I make some suggestions?” you asked.

 

“This is the first song that I’m writing, so it can’t be that good,” L.Joe said, a little embarrassed.

 

He gave you his pen and you smiled.

 

After you and L.Joe worked diligently, the short excerpt of the song became longer and the song was halfway done.

 

“----, what about putting this line-” L.Joe stopped and was silent for a few seconds. Then, he let out a small laugh.

 

Your head was in your arms and you were sound asleep.

 

He reached over and petted your head, *Thank you, you must’ve been tired.*

 

L.Joe walked around the table to you and placed his blazer on your shoulders. Then, he picked up the book on performing you had and put it back on the shelves.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The bell rang and you woke up. You rubbed your eyes as they adjusted to the light.

 

You looked around for L.Joe, but he was gone.

 

When you stood up to pack your things, a jacket fell from your shoulders onto the chair. You picked it up, confused, but you noticed something else that was odd.

 

The thick book you had earlier was no longer there. Instead, the book you had now was thinner and a post-it note was stuck on top.

 

The note said: ‘This book is better for studying. If you read the other one, you won't get much out of it. Haha  -L.Joe.’

 

You smiled and held L.Joe's blazer tightly in your arms as you left the library.

 

You wanted to look for him and thank him, but JiMin had stopped you by the end of the day.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry guys! I know the second part previously had ChunJi included, but since it didn't go along with the plot, I re-edited it.

 

I apologize for any inconvenience!