Trying Something New

Second Chances

JiMin pulled you by the arm, running down the streets to a dance studio.

"We could've just taken my car," you said, trying to catch up with her.

"But if we took your car, we'd have to do an extra workout later," she giggled, pushing through the doors.

*What is she talking about?* you thought, confused. You had no idea what she had planned for you.

Just as you were leaving school before, JiMin had pulled you to the side and asked you to change into clothes that you could move around easily in. 

You didn't have anything to do after school, so you reluctantly accepted her request. When you were done, she simply told you to follow her.

She led you down the hallway, each side spaced with doors. She led you to the last one and the lights.

The room was brightly lit and there were large, shining mirrors lined amongst the wall.

"I thought you needed help with homework? What are we here for?" you asked.

JiMin plugged her iPod into the speakers, "I do and we're here for that reason."

"Don't worry, it's not going to take too long," she continued, with a laugh, sensing your discomfort. 

You felt embarrassed. "Oh, no I didn't mean it that way, but I don't think I'd be of much help. I don't really dance..."

She bent down to tie her shoelaces, "It's okay, I just wanted someone to proctor my piece and you were the first person I thought of."

You sat on one of the chairs opposite to the mirror and when she signalled for you to begin the music, you bent over and pressed play.

Once the hip hop music started, JiMin did all of the moves perfectly. Her body went along with the song as it progressed.

You watched her intently, amazed. She was completely focused, carefully performing each move with precision.

She did the last step and bowed. You stood up, clapping.

"What do you think?" she asked, grabbing a towel.

"It was really good. You'll definitely get a 100 on this," you replied.

"I hope the results are as good as a 100. I'm actually submitting this for the first showcase. Only one dance is chosen every year."

"You will."

JiMin smiled, feeling a bit cheered up. "There were a few parts I need to fix though. Hey, do you want to try?"

You shook your head. You thought back to what your Unnie said, "No strenuous activities."

"Come on, it'll be fun and maybe I'd be able to find out what parts I need to fix if I teach it to you," she said, trying to persuade you.

You pursed your lips, thinking. *Well, Unnie doesn't have to find out about this.*

"Sure," you finally decided.

A few hours later, you did each step from memory. You danced easily, your body adapting to each move quickly.

JiMin laid on the floor, exhausted from dancing with you and your never-ending energy.

You laughed and sighed, feeling content. Your eyes flew past the door and you saw something duck.

Someone was there.

You shook your head and pretended you didn't see anything. You were in such a good mood, you didn't want anything to ruin it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

L.Joe leaned against the door, surprised, but mostly shocked.

He fixed his bangs and walked off, back down the corridor. All he wanted to do was practice in the studio he usually used, but instead, he saw something that interested him.

*Today's turning out to be a really good day,* he smiled.