Wrong Timing

Second Chances

"What do I do? I really want to celebrate her coming back," ChunJi said to his good friend, Niel, as he walked with him into the library.

Niel was confused, "Didn't you two already celebrate?"

"Ah, but I want to welcome her properly."

"Then Hyung, you're going to have to book my uncle's venue beforehand," Niel smiled, understanding ChunJi's intentions.

"Niel, you're the best." ChunJi patted Niel's back and noticed you at the librarian's desk, returning a handful of books.

Niel looked at what ChunJi was watching and sighed. He gave him a push, "Go."

ChunJi grinned and walked over to you. You hadn't seen him coming until he startled you with a simple 'hello.'

He leaned against the table, his eyes searching yours for any signs of discomfort or anger.

"I tried reaching you, but your phone wasn't on, right?" he asked, worried you were ignoring him instead.

You gave him a tiny smile, "Sorry, there was something I had to do." You paused, "Why did you call me?"

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted this morning."

"Oh, it's not a big deal. It's okay."

"What?"

"It's okay," you said again.

*That was too easy,* he thought. *Something's definitely wrong.*

ChunJi's known you the longest out of all your friends, so no matter how hard you tried to hide your feelings from him, he would always eventually find out.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

You stared at him, *It's the same question. L.Joe was about to ask me this earlier.*

"Yes," you replied.

"----!!!"

You turned around and was crushed by JiMin's hug.

"----, I made it. The dance teacher accepted my choreo for the first time!" she exclaimed, loosening her embrace.

"Uh," you glanced at ChunJi, wondering if he'd get upset like he did in the morning.

He smiled back at you.

*No reaction?*

JiMin shook your arm, "You have to do the dance with me!"

"JiMin-ah, I don't think-"

"No! You must, you helped me with it after all," she complained.

You tried to turn her down again, "But-"

"Meet me at the studio from last time after school! Practice won't start without you!" she giggled and ran to the other students, telling them the good news.

"Dance?" ChunJi asked.

You held up both your hands, "She asked me to help her with her homework. I didn't think it'd be..." You trailed off, not knowing what to say.

He paused and hesitated, then pulled a strand of your hair behind your ear, "You're so cute."

You stepped back a bit, "I know I am."

You looked over at JiMin and gave a geunine smile, *I can't wait for school to end.*

ChunJi frowned, *Dancing again? Why is this still going on? Didn't Noona already tell her she can't?*