The Walk Home

Second Chances

After dancing was over, you used a towel and wiped the sweat off your neck. You were ready to go home and hop into your large, comfortable bed.

You looked at the time on your phone and sighed. It was past 8 and you hadn't driven your car to school, which meant you had to take the long walk home.

"What's wrong?" JiMin asked, noticing the troubling expression on your face.

"Nothing, it's just that it's pretty late and my apartment's really far from here," you frowned. "I guess I'll have to walk."

"Oh," she started saying, then she broke out into a wide smile and winked. "Why don't you go with L.Joe? I'll go get him."

"Wait-" but it was too late. Before you could stop her, JiMin had already ran over to L.Joe and asked him to you.

*I should go before anything else happens.* You quickly packed up your things.

When you were done, you slung your bookbag over your shoulder and headed for the door, but someone stopped you in your tracks.

You looked up and saw L.Joe, wearing a jacket over his blazer.

"You're leaving now?" he asked. You nodded.

He walked ahead of you and pushed open the studio's door, holding it open for you, "Let's go then."

As the both of you went through the multiple corridors to the entrance, you felt the cold air drift through the building.

You looked down at your clothes and felt a shiver go down your spine. It was around the middle of autumn and winter was approaching.

*I should've brought my gym clothes here instead... Why didn't JiMin give me more suitable clothes for this weather?*

You quickly glanced at L.Joe, worried you might embarrass yourself if you teeth accidentally started chattering. "You don't have to walk me, you know," you tried.

He smiled, "It's okay. I'm going this way anyways."

You raised an eyebrow, feeling a bit skeptical about his answer, "For real?"

"Yes." You both walked out onto the street and the wind hit you hard, making your body shake noticeably.

L.Joe looked at you and let out a small laugh, "Are you cold?"

You tried not to chatter while saying, "I'm okay..."

He grinned as he took off his jacket and placed it on your shoulders, "You can't fool me. Your blazer's not enough to keep you warm."

"But..." you protested, as he pulled the jacket closer together on your body. "You'll be cold too."

"Stop talking," he replied, pulling you along with him down the block. You had no choice but to follow, so you did.

Sooner than you had expected, with the constant changes in conversation, you were already standing outside of your building.

You pointed at it, "Well, I'm here."

His head turned up, as if he was stretching backwards. You took this time to hand his jacket back to him, "Thank you."

You turned around and began to push through the doors to the lobby when he called out your name.

"----, when- When are you available?"

"Why?" you asked, lighting up.

L.Joe put his hand behind his head and answered shyly, "I want to practice the choreo a bit more."

*Oh, of course,* you thought. *Just for dance, what am I thinking?* "Um, sure. How about next week?"

He nodded, "That sounds good. I'll see you then." He took a step back and waved, "Bye."

You returned the gesture and waited until L.Joe was out of sight before you proceeded to the elevator, your body tingling with warmth.