Chapter 6

Nerds Undercover

 

*Not edited. Sorry T_T*

"Hello from Jo of earth to Gee of some-place-weird-far-and-definitely-scary." a gentle pinch on the cheek woke you up from your thoughts and a very annoying face welcomed you back to reality. 

"Don't touch me!" you mumbled behind your gritted teeth as you tried to slap the hand away. Unfortunately you weren't fast enough to smack it away or to defend yourself from the other pinch attack on your other cheek.

"Aishhh!" You ruffled your hair as you hooked the strap of your fancy bag around your shoulder. Your hair fell back into place naturally as you flicked it away, trying to escape the noisy guy. 

"Aigoo! Such a big, over reaction!" he lifted both hands in the air as if you were pointing a gun at him. He twisted his lips as he watched you walk away with an annoyed expression on your face. 

"What's up with the uuhhhhhh" he ruffled his hair excessively, making a deformed face as he tried to imitate you while he catched up with your pace. You kept walking even faster trying to avoid him but he managed to catch up breathlessly. 

"Yah Ms. Soo Angelica! Why are you ignoring me? And what's up with the end-of-the-world expression." Suddenly, he jumped in front of you, fed up from being ignored, making you flinch with surprise. 

"If you don't get out of my way I'll make sure it'll be the end of the world for you." You stared at him wth flaring eyes. Your gaze burning a hole into his skull but his annoying expression remained unchanged. Of course after 10 years of knowing you, it would be weird if it worked. 

"Omo! You're starting to get wrinkles because of your anger issues!" He placed a hand over his mouth while his other hand pointed at something on your face. 

"What? Where?!" Instantly, you dipped your hand into your bag and searched blindly for your phone. When you finally found it, you used the camera as a mirror. Tilting your head to the side, you checked the sides of your eyes, your lips and your forehead. 

From the corner of your eye, you could see some figure with a huge smirk glued on his face. His eyes filled with excitement and energy as he watched you get all hyped up for some lie. 

"You're still a girl even though you act like a man." he giggled as you turned your head to face him. Your blood boiled with anger as both of your hands formed a fist. You wanted to smash his cheesy face, cut his head off and use it as a keychain for your bag. 

But of course you couldn't. Firstly cutting his head off would make too much of a mess and effort. Secondly, no matter how annoying and infuriating Jo Kwon could be, he was still your friend. The only friend that stayed beside you for 10 years. 

"Whatever. I'm hungry." you turned your head to the side, trying to hide that smile that formed on your face while remembering all the crazy times you spent with him. 

"Wait for me!" he yelled as he ran after you. He was breathing really loudly and it annoyed you so much. This guy really needed some exercise. 

"My dear Gee! I made a bento for you! I know you like Japanese food!" a shiver raced down your spine the moment you heard his voice. Instantly, you raised a hand to cover your face. You turned around immediately, hoping you would just disappear or magically transport to a far place.

Suddenly he appeared in front of you. His eyes were rainbow shaped but they were hidden behind the thick eyeliner. His nose was strangely too prominent, obviously because of a nose job. His cheeks looked they were glued onto his face while his lips looked the most natural.  

"Omo Gee don't be shy. I know it's hard for you to talk to someone as hot as me." he chuckled loudly while he wiped the invisible sweat off his forehead. He started flapping his hand, fanning himself since he was apparently so hot

What was wrong with the world? How come everybody seemed to have that annoying, cheesy smile glued on their faces? Especially that weird guy this morning, he was the creepiest.

"Aigoo Kwanghee you're face is dirtying her vision." Jo suddenly slapped his face away before you could do it yourself. Then he wiped his hand on his pants, disgusted by Kwanghee's mere presence.

Your expression remained unchanged, these types of commotion was an everyday thing for you. The University actually has a name for those idiots, HwangKwon twins. 

"Yah! Jugulle?! How dare you touch my beautiful face!" He murmurmed as he gently rubbed his slightly painful cheek. He quickly reached for something in his bag, he took powder out and applied it effortlessly on his face. 

"Beautiful face.. In your dreams! Your plastic surgeons must've been blinded by your ugliness and made you even more uglier." he hollered, pouting his lips as he rested both of his hands on his hips.

"You're the one to talk! As soon as the plastic surgeons saw your ugly face they resigned! It was too much for them to handle." the corner of his lips were curled up to an evil smile, proud of his own comeback. 

"HAHAHAHA!" Jo chuckled evily, slightly covering his mouth with his hand. "Atleast I don't wear makeup as thick as the dandruff on your head. You could drown South Korea with that." he pointed out, smiling widely as he watched Kwanghee slowly lose his temper. 

"Yeah? Well you..." you interrupted before you pushed their faces away from each other hardly. Jo quickly moved away from your grip but Kwanghee kept mumbling and he ended up drooling all over your hand instead. 

"Yuck!" you slipped out your tongue while a disgusted expression formed on your face. You grated your hand on Kwanghee's jacket, trying to get rid of any signs of his saliva. 

"Omo Gee! You'll get rabies, AIDS, worms and his ugly genes." he faked a vomiting sound, aiming to hurt Kwanghee rather than actually care for his friend. 

"I don't! And if I did how would you know? Are you a stalker?" he yelled, his voice way too high pitched. Obviously he was nearing the edge of his patience. 

"While you two insult the heck out of each other for me, thank you by the way, I'll go and get myself some food." you paused between each word as if you were explaining to a child. You turned around imediately, pretending not to hear their complaints. 

You started walking towards the front of the line despite the fact that there was a long line waiting for their turn. Each table stared at you without you even knowing or most likely without you caring. No matter how much they feared you, they couldn't help but give in to the temptation and stare at your exotic face. 

Wthout a word, the lunch lady handed you a tray of fancy looking food. There was a croissant wrapped a golden plastic bag. Beside it was a bowl of fresh fruits, diced into bite size pieces. Then as your main dish you have stewed beef and vegetable with boiled rice. You liked to separate the vegetable from the meat since you hated them but Jo Kwon was more than willing to eat them for her. You ordered the same thing everyday not because you loved it that much. It was because it would take too much energy to pick out different food everyday.

As soon as you landed on your seat, a spoon was shoved in front of your face.

"Try the bento I made for you!" Kwanghee pleaded, fluttering his lashes to woe you.

"I don't like Japanese food." You lied, swallowing the temptation away. In fact you loved Japanese food, actually you were obsessed with them. That scent teased your nose and your taste buds longed for them, bringing back so much memories, so much pain. Without even realising, you could feel your eyes sting, tears threatening to fall.

"Mmmm you're a good cook Kwanghee. This is delicious." Jo mumbled as he spoke after eating the food Kwanghee offered to Gee. He tried to sound as exicted and genuine as he could.

"Aishh Jo you fatso." Kwanghee complained, outing his lips as he grabbed the spoon back. Jo just smiled at him widely, giving him a big thumbs up. He watched you from the corner of his eyes as you flashed him a grateful smile. 

"I don't feel well. Maybe I'll just go home now." you stood up abruptly, brushing the dust off your skirt before you walked away. Before Kwanghee could complain or start acting like a mother, Jo shoved a tuna sushi into his mouth. 

(You) Why does it still hurt? Why am I still thinking of him?....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finally! Lunchtime! We get to go home!" Tao squeled after hearing the bell ring, his eyes filled with delight as the thoughts of playing video games entered his childish brain. "All those languages drained my brain! Why do I have to study Chinese anyway? I am Chinese." He rolled his eyes, disagreeing with Mr. Jeong's idea to make them take Chinese, Korean and English even if they were already fluent. It apparently makes everything less complicated. He was just lazy.

"What brain?" Chen chuckled, pointing at the other maknae who was too tired to attack him. 

"We still have to meet the Principal with Mr. Jeong at 4pm." Luhan reminded, earning a loud sigh from the whole group. They weren't used to the whole University life anymore.

Most of them went to Universities that focused on music. They had dancing classes, vocal lessons and acting lessons but no languages. No Korean, Chinese or English, it was an optional choice.

"Wufan hyung! I heard you tried to thand up againth that hot girl again." Sehun chuckled, his words were almost undistinguishable but since they knew each other for a long time, they could easily understand him. Besides it wasn't that bad, well atleast that was what he thought. 

"Yeah this guy really wants to die." Xiumin added, as he tried wrapping his arm around Kris' shoulder who was obviously a lot taller than him.

"Don't even start." he rolled his eyes, pushing Xiumin's head away with one finger. 

A loud, crackling sound interrupted their conversation. When they turned around to look at where the sound came from, they noticed a crowd. 

"What's going on?" Kyungsoo wondered, tiptoeing slightly as if he could see through the crowd. 

"I'm gonna go find out." Chanyeol his lips as he rubbed his palms together. His eyes filled with curiousity and excitement. He had always been the gossip and nosy guy in the group. 

"Don't!" Luhan warned but everybody ignored him as they followed Chanyeol. He shook his head before he ran to catch up with the rest of the group. 

"How dare you come up to me with your filthy hands!" you yelled, your face already red with anger as you eyed the guy who was kneeling in front of you.  

"I thought you'd like it." he mumbled with his head bowed low. His hair was a mess and his jacket was slipping of his arm. In front of him, there were pieces of broken glass and crumbled brown stuff that looked like cookies decorated with little hearts. 

"You thought what? Aigoo!" the corner of your lips curled up to an evil smile once again. Your eyes were wide open with anger as you bit your bottom lip hardly that blood almost flowed out. "I hate you. So anything that came from you, I'd hate all of it." 

The whole exo group eyed you endlessly. Their hands formed a fist and their jaws stiffen. They felt disappointed, angry and surprised. They thought you were just a bully, turns out you were nothing but a life ruiner. 

"Why? What did I ever do to you?" the guy managed to bite back a sob as he looked up into your big, dark eyes. They were filled with endless sorrow, anger, loneliness and heartbreak.

"You want to know? Men like you....shouldn't be born into this world." you whispered, your eyes shooting daggers that aimed straight to his heart. It was like you poured out your whole heart there and then. You kept it in for too long that you couldn't control it any longer. 

"You have no right to say stuff like that." a man with a deep voice interrupted. Slowly, you looked up to the taller guy who was hovering over you. She could feel the weight of his stare even through his big glasses. 

"You again? How could I forget those big glasses? What was your name again? Jung..Jong...Jongmun!" your expression remained unchanged as you played with his name.

You wouldn't back down, not now, not in front of everybody. If you lose your reputation, you'd be back to your old self. You'd disappear from the world until there would be none left of you. Those days, those memories you tried so hard to throw away. You didn't want to remember but how come everything was flowing back? Your chest felt so heavy, your breathing became unsteady while your heart wanted to escape. 

You took a deep breath as you took a step closer until your face was only a few inches away from him. His head bent down to face yours while you looked up at him. You could feel each other's warm breaths.

"Have you got a problem with me Jongmun?" you raised a brow as you inspected every corner of his face. It seemed as if he didn't want to back down, he wouldn't. 

"Don't treat people like that." he muttered, his teeth bumping into each other as he tried to control his anger. Even if he could he wouldn't hit a girl, but he feared he might say something he didn't mean. 

"Why can't I? He's obviously a scaredy-cat." you removed your gaze from Jongin for a second to look at the guy who was sitting stiffly on the ground. He froze with fear as your gazes met. 

"Just because you think he's weak doesn't give you the right to treat him that way." he added, trying to get your attention back. He wanted you to hear him loud and clear. To listen to every single word that came out of his mouth. She needed to learn. 

"You should tell him that." you murmurmed quietly but loud enough for Jongin to hear. "Why should I stop?" you pouted your lips, seducing him without you even knowing. It almost worked, he almost fell for it. 

"Because you're nothing but a pretty face. One day you'll grow old, you're beauty will leave you, everything, everyone will leave you until you're left on your own, alone." he whispered, his expression looked calmer but that's what annoyed you more. How could he stay calm like that when he just hit you right through the heart. 

It was what you feared, being alone. He touched every single scar in your heart with his words. It seemed as if he could see right through you, like he knew every single thing about you. Everything came back, those memories, those days, those sufferings. He opened the box and now it would haunt you down. 

"Let me give you a little warning." you turned your head and walked away, trying to hide that tear that was threatening to fall from the corner of your eyes. You wanted to run away from the reality, the world, from everything. It seemed as if the whole world was againts you, you were trapped. There was no way out of this misery. 

"Let the war begin." you stopped walking. Fixing the strap of your bag, you turned around flashing him your signatured evil smile.

"Welcome to hell." With that, you flicked your hair as you walked away. 

 

 

Author's Note: 

So who do you wanna end up with you?? Let me know! 

Comments are MORE THAN LOVED <3

 Are you trying to seduce me Kai? Cause it's working  <3