Chapter 18

Nerds Undercover

*Not edited. Sorry T_T*

"Alright now that we're all settled down.." he cleared his throat as he eyed the couple who had caused the commotion just a few minutes ago. "I will explain what this project will be on." 

You were sitting back in your seat with your head titled and supported by one of your hands. In this angle, your hair fell on one side while the wind coming from the opened window blew lightly against it. You chewed on your bottom lip gently while your brows were furrowed as you stared at the man sitting quietly beside you. 

You didn't know if he was purposely ignoring you or he just didn't realise that you had been staring at him for a few minutes already. Either way you didn't care, you just kept staring at him since you figured it would annoy him and that way you could also inspect this man for any suspicious signs. His attitude didn't match his outer appearance, the "Don't judge a book by its cover" saying really applied in this situation. 

You turned your head back to the front, your head still achored by your growing tired arms.

"This project will be based on the Joseon period." he paused, pressing some botton on the remote in order to move on to the next slide. "As you all know the Korean modern language is derived from the Joseon era. Therefore in order to understand the language, you must understand its culture...."

He just kept on and on rambling about the Joseon period and after a few minutes you immediately shut off. This was one of the reasons why everytime you had an exam you'd have to study extra harder since you never pay attention in class. It wasn't like you didn't want to, it was because you couldn't even if you tried. Your attention span probably lasted 2 minutes max and then as expected you would shut off.

Suddenly you heard mumbling sounds and automatically your gaze turned back to stare at the man sitting next to you. It was like he didn't move an inch at all. His hands were still placed on the table with his palms down. His head remained a bit low yet still that you were surprised his neck hadn't gone stiff and painful yet. The tips of his hair was flowing lightly as the wind blew gently against them. His chest was heaving up and down and his eyes appeared closed?

"Omo! Is he sleeping?" you gasped lightly, your eyes widening with shock. 

You couldn't believe it until you lifted a finger and poked his cheek quite roughly yet he didn't move an inch.

"Daebak!" you giggled lightly, staring at the red mark your finger made on his soft cheeks.

How could someone sleep positioned like that? You covered your mouth instantly as you felt a round of laughter threaten to escape. You tried stopping yourself but it was just too funny. In the end your laughter sounded like muffled cries and some of your classmates had already turned around, curious as to why you were laughing. 

They just watched you, amused as you kept poking your partner's face, causing his head to tilt sideways then bounce back again and therefore you would poke his cheek once again. It was the first time they had seen you laugh so genuinely. And the smile on your face was warm and beautiful that could make them fall in love with you all over again. 

As you were about to poke him again, the bell suddenly rang indicating that class was over and the man's shoulders jumped up with shock. His eyes fluttered open and for the first few seconds he blinked a few times to take in his surroundings. You couldn't help but watch his cute reactions.

He was reminded that he was in class and how he wasn't allowed on stage for 9 months, away from his dreams and hopes. He turned his head to face you but he was welcomed by the tip of your finger that was an inch away from his eyeballs. 

"Bwoh!" he gasped, scared that you were about to pull his eye out with your long fingers. 

"I can't believe you could sleep like that." you chuckled, unable to hide the smile that formed on your face. 

"I wasn't sleeping!" he defended, rubbing his eyes that hid behind his glasses before he reached out his arms to stretch them. 

"Of course you weren't." you answered sarcastically, rolling your eyes at him. 

"Since I've been found out anyway, what's the project on?" he replied, not bothering to prove you wrong anymore, he was too tired for that. 

"I don't know." you answered plainly as you gathered all your things together.

He couldn't do anything but stare at you with confusion. You annoyed him yet you never fail to surprise him either and that combination surprisingly worked well to make him curious. He was almost excited to see the other surprises you would bombard him with. 

"What do you mean you don't know? If you knew I was sleeping then why weren't you liste-.." before he could finish whining, you pointed at one of your classmates and waved him over. 

"You!" you pointed at one of your classmates making him look back to see who you were pointing at. When he realised there was nobody behind him, he pointed at himself confused. "Yes you! What's the project on?" you questioned uninterestedly as you shoved your pens into your bag.

"It's based on the Joseon Period. You have to include the government system, ways of living of people with different social status and the language. It's worth one third of our final mark. Due in two weeks and you must hand it up in folder form." he announced proudly, staring at you and dismissing Luhan the whole time.

"Happy?" you raised a brow at him and all he could do was nod his head. You patted the other kid's shoulder and he blushed with your touch.

Luhan wanted to puke at the sight. How could someone be so easy? You stood up suddenly and placed your bag strap around your shoulder. You gave him a quick, sarcastic smile before you began walking off. 

"Wait." he called out, grabbing his book before he ran after you. 

You kept your gaze focused in front of you while Luhan kept walking beside you. You expected him to say something since why else would he follow you around like that yet he just kept walking beside you. 

As he walked beside you, he could see everybody staring at you then shift to him with confusion on their faces. Some even turned their heads 360 degrees in order to get a full view of you. If he was an ordinary guy he would have cowered from all the attention but since he was Luhan, he was used to having an audience wherever he went. The only difference was his fans were mostly girls and their screams could shatter his eardrums. For once he was grateful it was you.

Suddenly you stopped walking making him stop abruptly too. You turned around to face him, showing him annoyed you were. 

"What do you want now?" you ruffled your long blonde hair as you stomped your feet. 

"What do you mean?" he acted innocent but it wasn't enough to fool you.

"You know what I mean! Why are you following me around?" you let out a sigh, frustrated at yourself for not being able to get rid of this man.

"I'm not. We have the same Chinese class." he answered plainly as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and ofcourse to you it wasn't.

You never pay enough attention in class to realise which other people belongs in it. That was information you didn't need, well that was what you believed anyway.

"I'm not going to class yet." you murmured before you began walking away but you could feel him walk behind you again.

"I need to know when we can do the project." he smiled innocently, holding up his book as if trying to prove that he wasn't following you. 

Couldn't this guy take a hint? You obviously didn't want to talk to him nor did you want to even be near him yet it was as if he didn't care nor he couldn't tell at all. You were beginning to lose your patience and it was only the first class of the day. How could you survive the rest having no patience whatsoever. 

"I'll let you know after class." you whined, roughly curling the strand of your hair behind your ear.

 For a few seconds you thought you finally lost him until you felt someone poke your shoulder. That was the last draw. 

"WWWHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!" you shrieked, stomping your feet loudly against the ground. 

You slowly opened your eyes and realised it wasn't the man you were expecting. 

"Weh Gee? You don't like me anymore?" his shoulders slumped down in defeat while his smile dropped low into a frown. 

"Omo Kwanghee?" you squinted your eyes at him before you began looking around to find the man you were looking for yet he was nowhere to be seen. 

"I just wanted to give you these! I made them because I know you like chocolate cupcakes!" he handed you a box, the top was transparent so you could see through it. You opened it carefully and took out one cupcake. You couldn't hide the happiness in your eyes. The icing was pink for goodness sake! Who wouldn't be happy right?

You moved you attention to the man standing in front of you. His eyeliner was beginning to smudge and his nose was dripping a bit as he wailed in front of you. Seeing him act like that, you felt guilty for being so harsh. 

"I didn't mean to scream, I just thought you were someone else." you held his shoulder and squeezed it lightly as if you were apologizing to him. "Here wipe your annoying face with this." 

You handed him a pink handkerchief, not caring if people could see the colour of it. Even if Kwanghee was one of the people who annoyed you the most, he was still one of your closest friends. You cared for him just as much as he cared for you yet you weren't really the showy type while he was so to others it might seem like you were just playing around with him. Kwanghee knew better than that, he believed you no matter what.

"Really?!" he suddenly bolted up, pulling the handkerchief from your grip roughly making you drop the cupcake on your shoes.

"Aish Kwanghee!" you whined, feeling sad that you dropped one meaning you only have 5 left.

"Ooops! Thank you Gee!" he gave your cheek a quick peck and before you could complain he was already too far. 

"Aigoo Kwanghee." you chuckled to yourself, regaining all the energy you have lost because of that guy.

______________________________

Jongin began tapping his fingers on the bark of the tree he was hiding behind. He was getting both impatient and excited as each second passed. He watched both you and Luhan interact in class quite comfortably, if he may add, and it made his curiosity grow bigger. Maybe, just maybe you had kindness deep in your heart despite the despicable facade you had been showing everybody. 

Just a few meters away from him was the box he had been eyeing this whole time. The box started shaking then suddenly a head popped out. The little puppy saw him right away and it began making cute barking sounds as if to attract his attention. Jongin wanted to run to the puppy and carry him but he managed to stop himself. He needed to know if his guess was right, if you were really the other guardian. 

Suddenly he heard footsteps and quickly he crouched down to hide himself even more. He tried moving quietly and slowly to peek but all he could see were a pair of shoes, heels to be exact. Atleast that was one clue, the figure was a girl. One of the tree branches was covering the figure's body and face. He began taking a few steps to the left to get a better view. 

"Boo!" 

"Aish Jinja!" Jongin fell back with shock and when he realised it was none other than Luhan, he wanted to punch him so bad. 

"I got you didn't I?" Luhan wiggled his brows playfully, watching as the younger hold his chest. "Why are you hiding behind a tree?" 

"Nothing." Jongin cleared his throat as he stood up instantly, brushing the dust off his clothes. 

"Are you stalking someone?" Luhan's mouth was wide open and Jongin was more than sure he could fit his whole fist in them. Maybe then the older would shut his mouth. 

"I'm not!" he defended, trying to hide the blush that formed on his face. 

"Yeah right! I wonder who it is! The mighty Kai finally fell for someone!" Luhan chuckled as he pushed Jongin to the side, trying to see who he was stalking but younger pulled him roughly. "Aish Kai that hurts!" 

"Come on we'll be late for class!" Jongin mumbled, not listening to Luhan's complaints whatsoever. 

When the two arrived in class, the professor hadn't arrived yet which explained why everybody was running around like the place was a circus. It wasn't something that shocked the two any longer. 

Jongin sat in his seat, not even bothering to check if there was paint on his chair unlike the other nine who felt every part of the chair before they sat down. He let his bag slide off from his shoulder before he began turning his head everywhere as if he was looking for someone. 

"Who are you looking for?" Chanyeol asked curiously, watching as the younger's eyes scan the whole room.

"No one hyung." he muttered, not even glancing at him making Chanyeol just shrug and ignore the younger.

"Settle down!" the professor announced as he entered the door, slamming his thick books on his desk. 

He walked back to the door and when he was just about to close it, you came walking in dismissing the fact that one of the most feared professors in the university was glaring at you. 

A smile appeared unconciously on Jongin's face when he saw you walk in the door. His gaze instantly dropped to your feet and his brows furrowed immediately. Instead of the heels he had seen earlier, you were wearing plain black flats. He was so sure it was you that had been taking care of the puppy. 

The handkerchief had your initials but S.A. could be anybody or worse it could be a brand but he saw you coming from that corner before. That corner didn't lead to anything though unless there was a secret shortcut he didn't know about since he was only new. He reminded himself to check after class. 

"What are you looking at?" you scoffed, rolling your eyes at him before you took a seat beside him.

He only realised then he had been staring at you and your shoes this whole time. He couldn't help it, he was just too curious and he wanted to know who it was. What scared him though, was the fact that he was secretly wishing it was you. The question was, why?

The class dragged and it seemed like halfway through, everybody started playing with their phones. The professor didn't care either since he believed he wasn't getting paid enough to make sure the students would understand his lectures even though he was getting paid a lot more than average wage.

The bell suddenly rang indicating that class was over. You sighed as you twisted your upper body to crack your back. You just liked hearing your bones popping and don't ask why.

"You'll end up with osteoperosis if you keep doing that." a voice interrupted your thoughts. You lifted your head to see who it was but cursed yourself instantly for checking.

"I don't understand nerd language and what do you want this time." you asked plainly, twisting your body to the other side and again you could hear each of your vertebrae crack.

"Aigoo that felt good!" you yawned, stretching your arms towards his face, hoping to punch him but he managed to duck before your fist could touch his jaw. 

"Not gonna work." Luhan smiled mockingly at you but you just blinked at him innocently. "You told me to ask you after class about the project." he repeated, hoping this time you'd listen.

"It's not due until 2 weeks? Can't you wait until next week?" you whined, standing up limply before you fixed the strap of your bag around your shoulder. 

"I c-can't I have things to do." he lied, wanting to smack himself for stuttering. 

"Sure you do. Like what exactly?" you raised your brow at him, seeing the hesitation as he opened his mouth to close them again. 

"Errr..." he chuckled, looking around the room to find an excuse until his eyes landed on a poster behind you. "..I have practice with the book club." 

Luhan heard someone chuckled behind him and he knew it was the other members. He was so getting slagged after this. Book club? He didn't even join the book club, he wasn't even sure if there was a book club in the university. 

"Practice with the book club? What are you practicing? Reading?!" you bursted out laughing at your own joke, feeling the ache in your belly rise from laughing too much yet the man standing in front of you just kept staring. Your laugh grew quieter, only realising then how lame your stupid joke was. It was funny! Wasn't it? "Anyway I don't think you need the full week to do that do you?" 

"We do. There's some kind of marathon thing?" he answered yet he sounded like he was asking himself instead. 

"Alright." you nodded, remembering you had schedules to attend to the following week as well. "Tomorrow after classes then we could plan out everything." 

Luhan's eyes widened, shocked that you actually agreed with him so easily. He wanted to annoy you about it but he didn't want to push his luck either. If he was going to repeat university, he wanted to actually do things right. 

"Where are we gonna meet?" you shrugged and he took it as if you wanted him to decide. "Are you okay with my dorm then?" 

"Sure whatever." you shrugged once again before you started walking away but suddenly you stopped when you realised you didn't know where his dorm was. "Pick me up at the front gate at 4pm tomorrow." you added simply before you went on your way again. 

Luhan smiled to himself, feeling as if he had won another battle. 

"Are you crazy!!!!" Luhan groaned as he felt someone flick the back of his head heardly. 

"What did I do Xiumin?!" he whined, rubbing the back of his head to ease the pain. 

"Don't you know that even though we actually moved dorms temporarily, all of our stuff are there anyway?" Xiumin was whispering yet yelling at the same time.

"So?" Luhan just stared at him, not understanding the older's point at all. 

"You pabo!" he felt another flick welcome his forehead this time, making his crouch down on the ground with pain. 

"Aish why is everybody hurting me today!" he yelled, eyeing the giant that was now standing beside him. 

"Don't you remember that Tao and Sehun made us bring everything with us? By everything I mean our posters, our tropies and our albums? She'll find out who we are!" Chanyeol explained in a way Luhan who seemed intelectually impaired at the moment, could understand.

"Sh!t."

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Please excuse my gramatical and spelling errors. I also realised I use "she" instead of "you" at times since I'm getting confused. I have another fic you see that I write and it's not a you fic lol XD anyway I'll edit that when i have time. 

Anyway here! As promised. I told you I'll update a lot more now kekekeke so proud of myself :P 

PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!! THANKIIIESSS <3

  OMG BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS JUST BAHAHAHAHAH!! You guys are probably looking at it like...