Chapter 17

Nerds Undercover

*Not edited sorry T_T*

"........You're turning into a person that's exactly like him."

Those words echoed in her mind, repeating itself over and over again as it tried to torment an torture every bit of you. You couldn't believe what Uee said or to be exact, you didn't want to believe it but somewhere deep in your mind you knew it wasn't entirely wrong.

Did he feel the same way too? Did he feel that same desire to break someone into pieces. Did he feel that same thirst you felt as you watched them fall to the ground. Did he find pleasure in shattering someone's heart like you did? Was it true? Were you turning into someone like him?

Gently you interlocked your fingers before you rested your chin on them. Turning your head towards the window, you watched as the thick, grey clouds cover the risen sun until no light and no warmth could be felt. Even the world felt as if it was mocking you. The whole was beginning to turn against you. 

Lightly, the corner of your lips curled up to a smile as you chuckled to yourself. Pathetic. How pathetic. You couln't help but feel laughable because of how pathetic you were. After all these years, after three years, he still had his hands around your neck. 

"Pathetic...."

=Flashback=

"I can't do this anymore Angel. This is turning into something I never wanted." his eyes shone against the bright sunlight, his voice echoing in the open air of the rooftop. 

Your gaze shifted from the beautiful sight of Seoul city to the man standing beside you. Your inoccent eyes followed his figure as he took a few steps forward only to stop just a few inches in front of you, blocking the beautiful view you had been admiring. He was looking deep into your eyes and you felt your body shrink with both his height and his gaze. You looked back into his eyes but something was different. Just the thought of it sent shivers down your spine. It was as if he was looking into you yet he couldn't see you, as if you weren't even there. 

"W-What are you talking about?" you giggled lightly, trying to hide the confusion and discomfort in your voice.

"I'm serious Angel." his voice was firm and cold and you felt your heart freeze for a second upon hearing his tone.

Your body was filled with both confusion and fear. You couldn't understand what was happening yet your insincts told you that if this continues, something bad would happen. 

"You're confusing me yeobo! Let's just go back down I think the heat is getting to you." you giggled awkwardly as you reached for his hand but before you skins touched, he pulled his hand back. 

"You're making this harder than it should be Angel. You're not listening to me!" his voice remained blank and his expression became unreadable. 

Your confusion grew as you stared back into his eyes. You had this man memorized, you knew what every look meant. You knew how his eyes would almost disappear when he smiles. You knew how he would furrow his brows when he was confused and you knew how his eyes would shine he looked at you and yet, at that moment. You couldn't read him at all. 

"Okay I'm listening." you cleared your throat before you spoke at calmly as you could. "But make it quick since your parents and appa might be waiting already for tonights dinner." 

"I'm not going." he murmured, disconnecting your gaze as he stared at something unknown. 

"W-what are you talking about?" you questioned, your voice not being able to hide the confusion you felt. "You're the one who wanted this dinner to happen? We've been planning this for weeks? You said you'd tell them tonight about our.. engagement?" 

You only realised after you stopped talking that you had been holding your breath the entire time. You felt your lungs almost collapse from the lack of air you were getting. You took a few deep breaths as you waited for his reply yet he did nothing but avoid your gaze. 

"What do you mean you're not going?" you tried again, this time your voice was so quiet it sounded almost like a whisper but when he turned around to look at you, you knew it was loud for him to hear.

"What I mean, Angel, is that I can't..." he paused for a second, looking deep into your eyes as if searching for something unknown. "..marry you." 

You tried opening your mouth to say something but nothing came out as if your voice had disappeared. Your chest felt as if something heavy was lying on top of it, burying you deep into the ground. Your breathing became shallow and rapid while your eyes could feel the sting of tears that threatened to fall. 

"I've been trying to tell you for days but I just couldn't find the right time or the right words to say it." he murmured, his gaze not leaving yours.

He looked at you as if he was waiting for you to say something yet you kept your lips tightly closed. You needed time to take everything in, to understand what was going on.

"Say something Angel..." he begged, hoping you understood what he was saying.

"Why?" you murmured, your voice was empty as you moved your gaze towards the cold ground. 

You could see tiny droplets of water on the ground. At first you thought it was beginning to rain but when you saw a drop fall from your own eyes, you knew you were crying and you hated yourself for it. 

"Because I don't love you anymore." 

You felt your heart shatter into pieces that moment each word came out of his mouth. How could he say something like that so easily? You looked back into his eyes yet his expression remained unchange. How could a man you had known for years, loved for years could easily forget everything? All these years of being with you, were they really worthless?

"How?" you asked once again, wiping the tears from your cheeks with the back of your hands. 

"Angel listen to yo-.."

"Just tell me how!" you screamed before he could finish. You brushed the strands of hair that fell onto your face with your fingers and put them aside. 

"I.." he hesitated, watching your beautiful eyes pour out tears for him that he knew he didn't deserve. "I found someone else." 

"Someone else...." you repeated to yourself, making sure you stamp his reason onto your stubborn heart because you knew if you didn't you would never be able to let him go. 

"I'm sorry...Angel..." 

=End of Flashback= 

"Sorry?.."  your eyes darted open after hearing the voice.

Your sight was blurry and your cheeks felt wet. You quickly turned around and wipe the tears off your face with the back of your hand. 

"What do you want?" you whispered, still trying to dry your face to make sure no evidence could be seen. 

"Sir just partnered me up with you for a project." his voice was plain and sounded bored, obviously lacking interest but she paid no attention to it. 

"So?" you answered back the same uninterest, this time turning around to face where the voice came from. 

Your eyes widened and you felt your body jerk back after seeing his face. He was leaning towards you, his face only a few inches away from yours that could almost feel the warmth of his breath on your cheeks. 

"Aren't you a little to close?" from the tone of your voice you were obviously annoyed but all he did was pull out a chair and sit on it like nothing was wrong. He was looking carelessly out the window, paying no attention to you whatsoever and you gotta admit it annoyed the heck out of you. 

It took you a few seconds to realise that you were staring at him, actually more like scanning his whole body and face. His hair was brown and disheveled, as if he had just woken up from hibernating. Half of his face was covered with his giant glasses but even through the thick glass you could see the size of his huge eyes. His shoulders were quite big but it was hidden behind his XXL blazer that was twice bigger than him. From the way he was sitting you could tell he wasn't very tall but still more than half a head taller than you. 

"Why are you here?" you cleared your throat, trying to hide the embarrassment from your voice since you were basically checking him out. Maybe not in that same way but it was still the same.

"Didn't you hear what I said earlier? Sir just partner-..." 

"I know I heard what you said. What I mean is why are you hear when you should be doing the project?" before he could ramble on again and annoy you with his soft voice, you interrupted him. 

Did he really expect you to do the project with him? No way! You had been partnered up for team projects a few times already but you never participated in them, ever. Her partners would usually do the project by themselves since they were either scared of approaching her or they wanted to impress her by finishing it singlehandedly. 

"That's why I'm here." he folded his arms on her table and rested his chin on them before he smiled at you mockingly.

You couldn't believe your eyes. How could this nerd have the nerve to talk to you that way? 

"Excuse me?" your eyes widened, gasping lightly yet he remained comfortable on your table. "I am not doing the project. Do it by yourself!" 

"No thank you." he smiled at you once again and you felt the hairs on your body stand with anger. 

You quickly stood up from your chair, the metal seat shrieking as you did so. You lifted up your book and slammed it back on the table. The whole room jumped up with shock yet the man in front of you remained still, not even giving you a blink at all. Who did he think he was?

"What did you say?" your grinded your teeth, feeling the irritation rise up to your head.

Where did all these people come from? Ever since you had got back into college after your week of absence, these people had popped up out of nowhere and started annoying the heck out of you. At first there was this giant nerd who refused to apologize to you. Then there was this annoying lovesick nerd who thought he had the right to talk to someone in your league. Then another nerd who stopped you from bullying another nerd turned out this nerd had hot abs. Well that was beside the point and yet at that moment there was another nerd who had the guts to do this? Where did these weirdos appear from?

"If you don't want to do the project then don't!" he chuckled, standing up from his comfortable seat to face you. Your lips curled up to a smirk as you watched him take a step away from you but suddenly he stopped.

"That doesn't mean I'm doing the project either." he turned around to face you, "so let's fail together then!" he smiled mockingly once again, lifting up his two fingers to make a peace sign at her.

You were speechless, annoyed, angry and shocked. Were your eyes deceiving you or did this nerd just tell you off? Your gaze followed his back that seemed to get smaller as each second passed. You didn't know what to do. Even if you weren't the best in the university, your grades had always been high since you didn't want to disappoint your father nor did you want him to worry about you. He already had enough problems in his hands and you didn't want to be part of it. What the hell?!

"Aish!" you shrieked, stomping your foot on the ground as you ruffled your hair with frustration. Your hands turned into a fist and your knuckles became white as your felt your own nails dig into your palms. Before you could do anything, you felt your body run up to the figure and then turn him around roughly to face you. 

"Alright I'll do the project!" you hissed, annoyed that he was looking back at you with that fake, innocent face. 

"I knew you would." a smirk began to form across his annoying face as he held out a hand. 

"Nice to meet you partner, I'm XiuHan and you are?" his eyes widened as he waited for you to say something. (A/N: Xiuhan is Luhan's nerd name! I know it's confusing! All Nerd Names are in the foreword cast list so make sure you know it so you won't get confused in this fic lol.) 

"Gee, just call me Gee." you murmured before you stomped away, leaving his hand hanging in the air. 

The corner of his lips curled up into a genuine smile as he watched you sit back down into your seat. 

*I guess being suspended would be fun after all.....*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Hey guys It's been so long and I'm so sorry! Here is an update anyway and I assure you guys since It's officially my summer too, I will be updating more! I hope to see you guys more often!

Are you confused with their names? Check FOREWORD TO FIND OUT!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

Thank you :*

 (I do NOT own this picture. Credits belong to its rightful owner.)

bwahahaha I found this in google and I just can't stop laughing at it lolololololol XD A LAY WAS BORN! WAHAHAHA!