Chapter 16

Nerds Undercover

*Not edited sorry T_T*

 

"What was that about?" Jo chuckled brightly as he ran after you. 

He sounded overly happy at the moment and it annoyed you. You wanted to smack his face and bury him under those flower. 

"Shut up." you responsed flatly as you quickened your pace, trying to run away from him. 

"I gotta say Gee, you almost got me there." his tone sounded as if what he said was a question rather than a comment and to be honest, you were surprised too. 

You were almost caught and it was all because of your own idiocy. You knew she had to be more cautious, you needed to protect your reputation. You didn't want people to think that you were weak. You weren't the girl you used to be. You were no longer Angel or Angelica, you were Gee and no one else. 

"I just thought I should play along for a while." you faked a smile as you glanced at Uee for a second before returning your gaze straight ahead. 

"Besides wasn't that more fun than just ignoring them?" you chuckled loudly as you turned around to face Uee once again. 

From the look on her face you knew she wasn't pleased about what you did as she continued walking without saying a word. She didn't even bother to nod or atleast to look at you. 

"Oh come on Uee! Didn't you see the look on his face?" you chuckled once again but this time there was a hint of uncertainty in your laughter even you could hear it. "Uee didn't you..."

Before you could finish your sentence, she suddenly stopped walking and turned around briskly to face you. 

"Yes Gee I saw his face and from the looks of it, you broke his heart." she answered aggressively yet she made sure that nobody else could hear their conversation. 

"What are you talking about Uee? What's wrong with y-"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you Gee? I preferred it when you used to just ignore everybody even that was bad but now, this is even worse." taking a deep breath, she paused for a second before she began walking towards you. 

Her eyes filled with guilt and also anger that it caught you off guard. You didn't understand why she was acting that way but you knew it was because of you. Suddenly she stopped when you were only a few centimeters apart. 

"I know you're hurt Gee, I understand that but you also need to understand that these people have feelings too.." she paused, taking another deep breath before she opened to speak once again. 

".. For years I let you do what you want because I thought it helped you forget but can't you see Gee?" she reached for your hand and tightly held them between hers. 

You could feel the warmth of her skin and the trembling of her hands. She was worried about you and you were stupid enough not to see it all these years. 

".. What you did to that guy is exactly what he did to you....... You're turning into a person that's exactly like him." 

As soon as the last word came out of , you could feel your own heart drop and break into a million tiny pieces. Were you that dense not to realize that even breaking a thousand hearts wouldn't heal a heart that had been broken for 3 years. All it did was glue the pieces but even you knew that it could easily break apart. 

As she let go of your hands, you felt as if you were in that exact place you were 3 years ago. You could feel that cut in your chest sting and no matter what you did, it wouldn't go away.

"Uee where are you going?" Jo whispered as he watched Uee turn away and wipe her eyes. 

"I'm going home. I don't feel well." she answered and walked away without waiting for a reply. 

Jo couldn't do anything but just stay quiet as he looked at your pale face. 

"Gee...." he whispered, rubbing your back gently as he tried to reassure you.

Feeling the warmth of his hand on your back, you suddenly stood up straight as you took a few deep breaths then you slapped your cheeks a few times, trying to get the colour back in your face.

"Come on Jo. We'll be late for class." you announced as brightly as you could while linking your arms with his. 

Jo couldn't help but smile at your sudden outburst. He knew you were strong enough to get through this. 

___________________________________

"It'th tho bright today! Don't you juth love the thun?" Sehun sighed happily, staring at the sun with his eyes squinted closed and his tears already dripping. 

"Don't look at the sun you thupid Thehun! You'll go blind!" Tao flicked his forehead as hard as his could, doubling the amount of tears that fell out of Sehun's eyes because of the pain. 

"Ya! What wath that for?" he yelled, stomping his feet loudly on the ground. 

Tao looked away as he giggled whole heartedly, ignoring the smaller guy's insults. He tried giant, giant freak, kung fu freak and even loser but none of them worked on Tao. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head and therefore explained why he suddenly lifted a brow.

"You big baboon!" Sehun muttered quietly but loud enough for Tao to hear even with his loud fake laugh in the background. 

"What did you say?" Tao spoke while grinding his teeth. 

"Big. Baboon."

His brows were furrowed into a unibrow and a vein looked like it was about to pop out of his head. A normal person would definitely surender right away after seeing his angry face but Sehun wasn't really normal. As Tao noticed that Sehun wasn't about to fall for it, he suddenly stopped. 

"You'll pay for that." he announced simply, not even bothering to do anything else after that.

"What?" Sehun's eyes bursted open, shocked to hear the other maknae's reaction. "That's it?" 

"I think it's even scarier when Tao doesn't do anything right away." Xiumin murmured, feeling the shiver run down his spine. "The last time he did that to me, I ended up having a cat inside my mirror." 

"How did he do that?" DO asked curiously, squinting his eyes as he tried to think of a solution yet his eyes remained bigger than most normal people. 

"I didn't do that. It was just hyung's imagination." Tao replied innocently but those innocent eyes made him even more suspicious than he was.

"Anyway you two go to your building, you'll be late." Chen reminded them, making everybody look into their watched or their phones at the same time. 

"You're right we better go too." Suho murmured, shoving the rest of his sandwich into his mouth. 

"Did you not eat this morning hyung?" Baekhyun asked without even knowing why. He didn't care what the answer was, it wasn't like he would die or anything without breakfast. Maybe just a habit? 

"He did. I bet he just didn't want to be like Kris hyung like last time." Chen chuckled, still remembering what happened the day before. 

"Why what happened to Kris hyung?" Lay asked, completely lost like always. 

"Do you even live in this world?" Chanyeol chuckled, surprised at how forgetful Lay could be. It was just yesterday for chocolate's sake. 

"Well atleast I wasn't the one Gee forgot." he replied, not really intending to insult Chanyeol but unfortunately it did sound like one. 

"Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!" they all chuckled together while Chanyeol remained speechless as he blushed madly. 

When they reached the door, one by one they came in and sat in their seats, staying quiet as they were constantly reminded to keep a low profile. It was easy because no one dared to talk to them because people knew Gee didn't like them but ofcourse because of that they were also known throughout the university. 

Luhan immediately sank into his seat and his eyelids threatened to fall. He didn't get enough sleep the night before nor did he get enough sleep for the past few years ever since he became a trainee but this was the first he ever wanted to complain about it. The good thing was Musical Arts Studies were cancelled that morning because of the little incident they had the day before. 

(A/N: See Chapter 5 for class schedules BUT they don't have business studies. Only languages and musical arts.)

"Good morning." the professor announced firmly, looking down onto his desk and his pile of papers. 

As he went on and on about how handwriting was very important, Luhan's brain immediately shut down. 

He couldn't concentrate nor did he want to. He had been studying Korean for years and to be honest he was quite good at it, maybe he needed to practice speaking a bit more though. 

Gently he placed his chin his palm, his elbow leaning onto the table. His eyes roamed the room, staring at the ceiling he noticed how dull it was. Then his eyes traveled to the big huge windows on his left that allowed the sunlight brighten up the dull room. Suddenly his eyes noticed the figure sitting just a few rows away from him. 

You were staring out the window, your chin rested on both of your hands. He traced your prominent jaw line with his gaze, and your nose that seemed to be the perfect angle for your face. He noticed how your lashes were long and your lips were pink and thin. Your hair kept to one side of your head, revealing more of your face to him. Your eyes were blank and lifeless even when the sunlight reflected on them. His brows furrowed, questions lingered in his thoughts. Curiousity kills that cat. 

"Mr. Lu" a deep and croaky voice interrupted his thoughts. 

"Yes sir?" he replied and his uninterest was obvious.

"Did you hear me?" the professor replied firmly, raising his brow as he stared back into luhan's eyes. 

"No sir." Luhan answered truthfully, not even caring about the punishment he could get. 

"This semester's grading will be assessed with a team project. The teams will be picked by none other than me and it will be a team of 2." he repeated, making sure Luhan heard him this time while also making sure the class understood what he said. 

"Mr. Lu since you seemed very interested in this project, I will give you a partner first." he announced as a grin formed on his face, it was obvious he was up to no good. 

"In this project you'll be with..."

"Ms. Soo Angelica."

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hey guys! It's been a while. Please forgive the confusing chapter but I wanted to put the drama up before the explanation because to me it seemed more interesting that way. Anyway I'll be revealing the past soon so stay tuned! 

Hope you like it!

Please continue to show your support by commenting, subscribing and upvoting!

Thank you you