chapter nine

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haesoo sat on the sink. Her legs dangled along the edge as she rested her back against the mirror. Her body looked low and dejected. It looked ready for death to take it away. She looked like a person who had given up on everything.

Nobody understood her. Nobody cared about her. Haesoo was nothing in everyone’s eyes. This was real. Her mother and grandmother must’ve moved on. Her friends must’ve moved on. She had no more value in anyone’s eyes.

Anyone can deny that, but when her heart feels that way, someone has to take a step to change it. Or Haesoo will continue to blindly wait for her end to approach, no longer looking forward to anything.

It didn’t took too long before this awaited someone noticed the need for his help.

When this someone saw what was going on and how broken she looked, looking like she lost her will to fight, he never took his eyes off her.

Now, that someone was wiping off all the soup on Haesoo’s body in the girl’s toilet. Recess had long ended and they were just lucky no teacher had caught them. The toilet was the one that almost everyone used because it was situated closest to the classes. So, if any girl wanted to pee, she’d totally walk in on them. But, for some reason, the male didn’t care. His focus was solely placed on cleaning Haesoo up.

She didn’t even know him but she had the feeling he wasn’t there to bully her like everyone else. He gave off a different aura - the boy giving her the weird look earlier. His aura was mysterious and a little intimidating but nonetheless, Haesoo felt like he could be trusted.

The male wasn’t too tall but he had a lean figure. Three of his buttons were undone and he wasn’t wearing his school tie. His short sleeves had been pulled higher to his shoulders, thus exposing his muscles that weren’t too big yet still quite attractive. His hair was a messy perm and he had some fringe, too. His shoes were sneakers without laces, which Haesoo was sure didn’t abide to the school rules. But that didn’t look at all like a concern to the male.

Haesoo hadn’t talked to him at all. Her eyes never met his and although a bit disappointed, he understood that she needed time.

The male pulled up her left sleeve and wiped off the soup and the green vegetable stuck to it. He diligently wiped off all the dirt he spotted but paused when he heard sobs coming from the girl. His eyes travelled to her face, where her unkempt, wet hair stuck to it.

Instead of asking her what was wrong, like she’d expected him to, he went to wet the cloth some more, ignoring her cries. He continued to wipe the soup off her body, eyes never meeting hers as his eyebrows furrowed some more.

But when he noticed she was staring as more tears left her eyes, the cloth in his hand he used to wipe her tears wordlessly. Almost instantly, Haesoo stopped her sobs. Tears also gradually stopped falling.

The male’s face was blank and just then, Haesoo noticed it was really close to hers. Her eyes tried to avoid his but he didn’t shift and instead went closer. Haesoo’s eyes slowly widened as she wondered what he was about to do.

The male paused when it was about 2 inches between their faces. And then a smile broke out in his face and his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter