chapter thirteen

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I saw my brothers strolling into school together when I arrived. I didn’t bother to bid goodbye to my father or acknowledge the three guys. Instead, I walked past them and down the hallway.

No more stares.

Ever since I made friends with Yoongi, the stares had been continuously decreasing. Today, nobody bothered me.

A sudden collision with me from the back that came when I made a turn to my classroom’s hallway didn’t shock me. I knew who it was.

The comfortable arms that were always ready to catch me these days hugged me from the back. Yoongi was touchy and I wasn't used to that. But, for some unknown reason, I didn't mind.

“Hello, princess,” he cooed and laughed.

Putting down his right arm, he walked alongside me with his left arm still around my shoulders. However, before you could misunderstand, let me just clarify that the gesture was a normal bro-to-bro thing. It wasn’t a sign of romance or anything. This was how he treated the other guys too so it didn’t make me special. Yoongi was just like that. He liked it personal.

We entered my classroom and he sat me down at my seat. He gentlemanly took my bag for me and placed it on the floor, next to my table. He then got on his knees and rested his arms on my table, facing me.

“Why didn’t you answer my calls?” he playfully pouted before breaking into another one of his cheeky yet dazzling smiles.

“My phone was confiscated,” I told him, “And speaking of which, I can’t go with you to meet the others after school today.”

He made a face, “Why not?”

“I’m grounded,” I sighed and rolled my eyes, expressing my exasperation for that matter.

I hated how Jeongguk had rattled on me. If he hadn’t, I’d be enjoying my freedom after school with Yoongi. It was practically the only thing that made me happy ever since I got to Seoul. Things were indeed starting to get better the more I hung out with my new friends. There was just something about them that made me feel welcomed, like I belonged. But, now it was put to a halt, because I had step-brothers who couldn't bear to see me live happily on my own.

“Why are you grounded?” Yoongi asked as he stared at the ceiling.

I watched him, almost forgetting to reply to his question. He just looked so cute with his pouted lips, staring at the ceiling. At first glance, you’d think he was a serious male. But, really, when you get closer, he was playful and most of the time, crazy, really. Almost drunk.

He liked wearing eyeliner. He randomly made weird noises. When he skates, he would make a plane sound as he smoothly do the tricks. When he falls while skating, he would neither grunt nor complain. Instead, he would laugh and lie down on the ground until someone would go to him and pull him up. He laughed at practically everything, even when the lady cashier at the counter would look like she was having a bad day. A few days ago, I learnt he liked whipped cream and was the kind to spray it all in his mouth before dumping oreos inside. He also liked blowing bubbles - highly unexpected. And, for some unclear reason, he seemed to always carry at least one bottle of bubbles in his bag.

And those were also the reasons why he was called Suga. Because he always seem to look like he was high on sugar, besides being unbearably fair-skinned.

Yoongi wasn’t the kind to give away much, but anyone could tell, at least anyone who hung out as much as we did with him, that behind all that happiness and crazy act, he had a story to tell, a story that not even the five boys who know the most about him knew about. I was curious, but I wasn’t about to pry in his personal issues that he wasn’t ready to share with me.

“Haesoo-yah,” his angelic voice called out and my heart melted.

I realized I had been spacing out.

“Did you hear me?” he asked.

I merely nodded, staring into his eyes. This eye contact we always share, there are times I wished he thought more of it than just eye contact. I wished it was something more special. I was just greedy sometimes - greedy to be loved.

“Yeah,” I said, but it came out more as a whisper than an actual reply.

But he heard it.

“Why were you grounded?” he questioned, face now blank and curious.

His lips were apart and he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter