chapter twelve

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the weekends and that meant I wasn’t going to see Yoongi or the other boys. For the past few days, I’ve been spending my time after school with them. I’d make sure to reach home at least by 5 when my brothers were out and my parents hadn’t arrived home. I vowed to avoid them as much as possible. I hadn’t thought about the weekends, however.

When I tried asking my father if I could go out, he told me to stay home and study. It was almost 4 now and nothing I’ve read had been absorbed into my brain. I’d already finished my homework while hanging out with Yoongi so I pretty much had nothing to do.

I sat at my favourite stool and flipped to the next page, blankly reading the scientific words that made no sense to me. It made more sense when I was studying with Yoongi. I guess in some ways he has become an important part of my life that all I could think of was him. He was practically the only person I talk to all day, besides the other guys.

All the brothers were at each of the balconies, excluding Jin, of course, doing their own thing. I didn’t bother to look over to see what they were doing.

I flipped again and the words started getting blurry. I shook my head and refocused my eyes on the stack of papers. Too much studying was taking a toll on me. Sick and tired, I closed the book and tossed it on the floor. I didn’t realize I’d exerted too much force and the book flipped open.

I sighed and stood up. I bent down and picked up the book but ended up falling on my . I didn’t even know why or how but it just happened. I heard a laugh on my left and saw Jeongguk sitting at Jin’s balcony and looking at me.

Since I was young, it was in my nature to ignore bullies but ever since I’d mixed around with Yoongi and his friends, I’d learn to speak more. Angrily, I pointed the middle finger at him and huffed, turning away and sitting back at my seat.

“You shouldn’t be doing things like that in front of kids like Jeongguk,” someone on my right said.

It was Jimin.

“Jeongguk isn’t a kid,” I retorted almost immediately, not able to control my mouth.

“Sure, he is. In mum’s eyes. Try that one more time in front of her and you’ll be getting another round of nagging,” he said without looking at me, flipping at the black book he was holding.

I rolled my eyes.

I muttered quietly for myself to hear, “She wouldn’t.”

Unfortunately, Jimin caught that.

He said, “Yes, she would. She won’t hold back just because you’re the daughter of that man.”

I didn’t understand. Why was he talking to me? We were getting along well not talking to each other. Now he was basically starting an argument with me.

“I think ‘that man’ would deserve more respect than that from you.”

“Well, I think otherwise,” he casually said, still not looking at me.

“That’s what makes us different, you douche.”

That got him. His head snapped to face me and he glared at me.

“I’m not the one lying to my own parent,” he challenged.

“Say what?” I didn’t understand what he was going on about.

“Every night you say you go to the library, but I’m not stupid. You don’t go to the library,” he said.

I paused. How did he know?

Despite it hitting a nerve, I wasn’t about to give in. He could just be testing me.

“And how do you know that? It doesn’t occur to me that you’re a reader too,” I said.

“But I am,” he said, “I saw you on the first day you came home late. You were at the library studying. But the next few days that you continued saying you went to the local library, you weren’t there.”

I didn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say.

“Oh, I’m soooo telling mum,” I heard Jeongguk say and ran out of the balcony.

That snapped me out of my shocked state. Deciding to deal with Jimin later, I ran out of my balcony to chase Jeongguk. He was going down the stairs when I opened my bedroom door.

“Don’t!” I yelped but he ignored me and flashed me an evil grin.

“Stop, you brat!” I said and chased after him.

He didn’t stop. I chased him around the kitchen and out to the living room.

“Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum!” he kept calling out.

“Shut up!”

“No!” he laughed.

“Mum!!! I have something to tell you,” he yelled for the whole house to hear.

“Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter