chapter twenty-three

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ya'll gotta understand me here. I am a student, turning 16, sitting for her national exam this end of the year, with a strict mother who thinks it is already "discount" that I get to use my laptop over the weekends. THEREFOOOOORE, as hard as it is, you are all gonna have to be real patient people if you wanna know what happens in this story. Other than having to focus in school and not being able to use my laptop regularly, I am still extremeeeeeely amateur with writing and my imagination and creativity has gone down a huge level after my depression state in 2012. In other words, I don't know what to write most of the time. I give a lot of thought about my stories when I'm at school and refusing to listen to the teacher and write my plans in this notebook I own, but sometimes that is still not enough. So as much as I want to update and please both you and me with a good story, we all gotta wait patiently. Also, we finally arrived to 100 subs!!! ((BAKSU BAKSU))

Every single one of you have been extremely patient and understanding. I take this opportunity only to explain my situation to all of you so you don't think that I am inactive because I have lost interest!

It was almost 9pm when I arrived home.

“Where were you?” my father asked, peeking from his newspaper.

I sighed, looked down and shrugged.

I didn’t think it’d be easy explaining to him how I ended up at a butterfly park and I had stayed there for many hours unknowingly, replaying the scene of Yoongi kissing Nara numerous times in my mind. I went up to the second floor, not bothering that my father was staring at me so intently and wordlessly. I took a quick shower and changed into comfortable t-shirt and shorts.

“You never came at 5,” Taehyung said, picking at his guitar strings without looking at me, when I sat at my stool.

“Sorry” was all I said.

“ your sorry, yeah?” he snapped.

I sighed and looked down, replaying the scene again.

“So where did you go?”

“Out with Yookwon.”

“Why?”

I shrugged.

“Then why do you look so down?”

I remained silent, the picture of Yoongi and Nara stuck in my brain.

Taehyung didn’t press further. Instead, he started talking about the project.

“I did some internet research. But we still need to get a book from the library. Not to mention, that burdensome model we have to make. When are you free?”

“Any day, really,” I said, not really paying attention.

“…Okay then. Tomorrow, after school, we’ll go to the library right after class and get the book. Then, we’ll buy the materials and we’ll finish it by tonight, whether or not we lose sleep. Is that okay?”

“..Yeah,” I whispered, loud enough for him to catch it, before I walked into my room, shutting the balcony door behind me.

That night, I went to sleep in tears.

***

The next day, Yoongi wasn’t around, but Nara was. And so was Yookwon. For the first time in a long time, I felt unprotected and vulnerable again. My only protection, or so I thought, wasn’t around. I depended way too much on him than I should. Yet, the feelings couldn’t be helped.

The day at school felt short. I sat through the classes, getting scolded in every one of them for not paying attention and losing focus, and it wasn’t long before it was time to leave with Taehyung. He excused himself to the toilet and I waited in class for him.

I was pulled out of my deep thoughts by my homeroom teacher who stood in front of me with an intimidating look on her face. She slammed a pile of papers on my table and crossed her arms.

“This is spare homework the teachers of every subject have assigned specifically for you to bring your grades up. They are homework done by the other students during the part of the year when you weren’t around yet. We have agreed with your father that if you can finish this, we will not put your detention session into your records. Please do cooperate with us who are trying to help.”

I blankly stared at the pile that made me dread even bringing them home.

“What’s going on with you?” she then asked seriously.

I shook my head. “Nothing…?”

It wasn’t the truth. But it wasn’t a lie. I didn’t know what was going on with me either.

“Then could you explain the number of tests and quizzes you’ve failed ever since you’ve entered this school? Not to mention, I’ve received a lot of complaints regarding your lack of focus in class! Your behavior in this school does not sound like the behavior described by the teachers in your previous school in your report. Something must be wrong and I would like to hear it from you,” she sternly said.

I, however, wasn’t paying attention as my eyes were fixed on the sight of Nara and Yookwon talking outside the toilet that could be seen from my seat.

“What is it, Haesoo?”

“I…” I mumbled, more focused on the scene I was watching. “I’m fine…”

“Seriously, Haesoo… Even though I sound mad- no, even though I AM mad, I am sincere in wanting to help you solve your problems. Just tell me what it is,” she coaxed.

But I couldn’t think straight as I saw how Nara easily slapped his shoulder with a joking smirk on her face. They looked too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter