chapter twenty-six

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap:

Yookwon ran his thumb over Haesoo’s eyebrows, shutting her eyes. Their faces were so close that Haesoo could feel his breath against her lips. But the trepidation in her heart was more evident and she hadn’t realize, that while she drifted into another deep abyss, she’d been robbed off another one of her possessions - her first kiss. But, somehow, the mystery of it all made it okay as life made a little sense once she was in her dreams. They were dreams that only remained dreams, and Haesoo could only wish she remained with them too.

***

Listen to: Shawn Mendes – A Little Too Much
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvv6OkU874k)

The warmest sleep in so long felt like pure bliss for Haesoo. Warmth and protection engulfed her whole body, and she became addicted with the comfort she received. Never had she ever felt such touch that made her crave for so much more that it felt dangerous. It was unique against Yoongi’s touch. This was a different kind of good - something she wasn't used to. This was terribly addictive that she felt like her heart would explode out of her chest at any moment.

Haesoo found herself trying her hardest to focus on the large hand her head, the strong arms she was between, the hardness of the chest she was on, and the contact between her legs and the pair of muscular legs that tangled with hers. The security from the perfection of their affair only made it better.

Her eyes fluttered open out of curiosity. Was this really Yookwon – the male she had been warned about by Yoongi; by her brother? She could only settle on the thought that they would be crazy that she’d want to let go of him at this stage.

Her pupils rose to stare at the view of Yookwon’s face. Within seconds, she was hooked.

At that exact moment, Haesoo seemed to begin to realise the impossibility of it all. How was she suddenly so aware of the touches, of the physical contact, with a male she could hardly handle a conversation with? Although fully clothed, she would never agree to cuddling in bed with this individual, simply because it was Yookwon.

All of a sudden, the memories seemed to slowly fight its way through the corners of her mind as recollection of what had happened surfaced. The memories of Yookwon leaning in to taste her lips, guiding her to hold her first kiss for as long as she had never thought possible, before retreating and offering her the deathly pill which she after much hesitation took. Things only escalated from there, as her heart began to rise and feel much better, and she had fallen asleep with Yookwon on the bed.

This sudden realisation had Haesoo jumping out of Yookwon’s grasps as she fumbled around the room for her belongings. Her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when she had gotten a sight of the clock that pointed at 2am exactly. She was as good as dead, she figured.

As her fingertips landed on the familiar device, she nearly got a heart attack upon the sight of the 93 missed calls that greeted her accompanied by 59 messages left for her.

Haesoo began to find her way out of the apartment through the unconscious bodies that covered most of the floor, while at the same time trying to figure out a way to get home as well as a way to deal with the she was about to get out of this.

***

Haesoo limped her way home. The pain from the little beating from school was all too much for her. Cold and hungry, Haesoo felt weaker than ever. Unknowingly, the loneliness of the night overpowered her and tears began to fall. What kind of sin did she ever commit to deserve such a fate? Her heart clenched in pain and it was harder to breathe.

It was too painful. Mentally, physically and emotionally, Haesoo felt so broken.

But nothing seemed to be enough for her. Again and again, things keep screwing up.

That very night, with a clouded mind, her pain exacerbated as she was greeted at home with painful news regarding her grandmother who had just passed from a heart attack.

That very night, Kim Haesoo changed for good and she never was the same again.

***

Haesoo fell to the floor, gasping for breath as she struggled to swallow the fact. She heard the footsteps that ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter