chapter ten

집 (Home)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day came quickly and soon, it was recess time. Things were going well so far and no one really bothered her. The rumor seemed to be dying down and Haesoo didn’t really care when the same group of people tried to insult her. Haesoo sat at the seat she sat at the day before and ate her food silently though the positive attitude was slowly withering when there was no sign of Yoongi.

After yesterday, she thought he might’ve wanted to spend more time with her. She thought he wanted to help her from her situation. She thought all he did wasn’t just a kind gesture when she was in trouble. She thought it was the start to something more.

The soaring feeling within from before slowly ebbed away and she was back to the dejected and low Haesoo. The bullying was suddenly kicked up a notch as well, right when she’d put her guard down.

On her way back to class, the group of three girls pulled at her hair and uniform. Her hair that was before in a nice and perfect ponytail was now a mess. Haesoo continued walking, ignoring them, heading for a secluded place so they would leave her but they didn’t. The hair tie was gone and her hair had been messed up in a crazy manner. The group of girls pushed her against the wall of the secluded hallway and had used a marker to draw on her face. When Haesoo tried to avoid their administrations, they would violently throw her hand aside and draw longer lines. Now not so much in a mood anymore, her head hung dejectedly low and she let them draw on her skin.

One of them placed their hands on her skirt and tore off the button, letting the skirt hang loosely around her belly but not loose enough to fall to the ground. Haesoo then received a tight slap to her right cheek, leaving it sore and red.

The moment the first bell rang, they threw the marker harshly at her face and pushed her aside, letting her fall to the ground. They laughed out loud at their work and made their way to class. Haesoo slipped down to the ground and tears started falling.

All the energy out of her body, she slowly fell towards her left and lied on the cold, dirty tile.

How could they do this again? It was worse this time because it got physical.

Tears never stopped and she closed her eyes, wishing for death to take her away that very second. But it didn’t.

Instead, her one and only hope picked her head up and placed it on his lap. She didn’t bother to see who it was and let the person her head and fix her hair. Those same fingers wiped the tears on her face but when it didn’t stop flowing, he adjusted her head so that she was looking up at him. Yoongi smiled at her despite her blank and teary face. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“Don’t cry,” he whispered.

This male that Haesoo barely knew, kissing her forehead, telling her sweet words, taking care of her, cleaning up after her and picking up the broken pieces of her heart when she is down. Haesoo could only wonder just who he is. She wondered why he was doing these things for her. She wondered why he’d always disappear and then appear at the moments she needed him.

The tears never stopped.

“Yoongi…” Haesoo whispered, calling for him softly with her broken voice, “Who are you…”

Yoongi smiled but didn’t respond to the question and instead said, “Go to sleep. Nobody will disturb us.”

He caressed her face and brought it closer to himself. One of his hands travelled down to her right and he held onto it caringly.

***

Haesoo’s POV

Something was blowing against my face. It was wind, my favourite element. Strong wind.

Soft country music was playing in the background

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter