Chapter 17

Bodyguard

Hi, I know I've taken ages to update, but I'm currently trying to work out what I'm doing with this story seeing as I've run out of the plan I wrote a while back. This is kinda half pointless fluff but not really as you get more insight into the characters, but mnah I don't know. I just wanted to write something.

I hope you enjoy this even though you were probably expecting something better....

Leave a comment if you can because I love hearing what you think :)


Three weeks later

I wake up during the night, not by nightmares but because I sensed a presence in the room. I open my eyes sleepily to see Kris sitting by me on my bed, my hair. I smile and stifle a yawn. “What’s wrong?”

He smiles at me weakly, not answering, and I return the smile asking, “Did you dream about it again.”

He sighs and nods, staring at my duvet with a slight frown on his face. I sigh quietly before shifting over and pulling him down next to me. He snuggles down under my duvet and I automatically shift, careful not to hurt my ribs, to place my head on his chest and wrap my arm around his waist. He continues to run his fingers through my hair as I listen to his heart beat calm down.

It was frightening for me to experience an accident like that and I dream about it sometimes too, seeing the car approaching me although actually most of the time I see it heading for Kris and I don’t get there in time, but he actually saw it hit me and I can’t imagine how horrible that was for him, especially considering his feelings for me.

“You can sleep here with me and I’ll be here if you wake up again.” He rests his cheek on the top of my head and I feel the smile form on his face before he replies, “Okay baby.”

My cheeks flush as his half asleep mind can’t prevent him calling me that. So cute.

 

I groan, shifting and reaching out to hit the stupid alarm clock, which is making a horrible beeping sound and I hate it. Which I guess is the point. I’d set it last night when it had occurred to me that we wouldn’t hear Kris’s from his room and he’d be late for work. Not that he’d get scolded seeing as he runs this branch of the company, but it would be inconvenient.

I roll back over and prop myself up on my good arm to lean slightly over Kris who’s still unwilling to open his eyes. I lean down and place a soft kiss on his nose. His lips twitch up slightly so I move on to kiss his eye lids and then his cheeks. By the time I reach his lips he’s smiling and blushing slightly at the intimacy of the moment.

Eventually we decide he should probably get up and he forces himself out of my bed. I snuggle back down and watch with a smile as he stumbles sleepily towards his room for a shower. When he’s dressed, I can tell this from the sound of him leaving his room, I heave myself out of bed and shuffle into the lounge with my duvet wrapped around me like a cape. I curl up on the sofa and try to fight off sleep as I snuggle down comfortably.

After a few minutes, Kris joins me, bringing his breakfast into the lounge, having registered my movement here.

He glances at me as he starts on his cereal and a cute smile forms on his face as I peek out at him from under my duvet. I wrinkle my nose at him and he rolls his eyes, “you’re way too dangerous to be acting so adorable.”

I smirk at him, “I’m a pro. I can do anything thank you very much.”

He just chuckles and continues eating.

Just as he finishes there’s a buzz on the intercom. It’s Kris’s two temporary body guards informing us that they’re waiting outside. Kris lets out a sigh and looks back at me, from next to the elevator where he’d answered, as he puts on his shoes. I shoot him a small smile and say, “I’ll be here when you get back.”

He nods and I can see him fighting back a small pout. I let out a soft laugh at how cute he’s acting and he glances up at me. I just smile at him and enjoy the warmth in his gaze.

He presses the button to open the lift door and grabs his jacket from the peg on the wall. He takes one step inside before suddenly turning back and rushing over to me, leaning down and kissing me, fingers gently touching my cheek. I can’t fight back a smile as I kiss him back and when he pulls back I see that his smile mirrors mine.

“I’ll be back soon,” he says. I nod and reply “I’ll be waiting.”

Something flares in his gaze when I say that but he forces himself to walk back to the lift. I give him a small wave as the doors close before snuggling down to go back to sleep here on the sofa with a smile on my face, unwilling to move all the way to my bedroom.

 

Kris’s POV

I let out a groan as I stand up in my office, having slaved away fixing some mess an employee has made, for the past three hours straight. I rub my aching neck and decide to head out to grab some food. I head to the elevator, accompanied by my two bodyguards who were waiting outside my door. I’d eventually arranged for chairs to be put there because I’m just uncomfortable working whilst knowing that I’m making people stand outside my door for three hours straight.

I head out onto the street with them flanking me and we head to a restaurant two streets away. As I go in I spot two familiar faces at a table in the corner, glaring at each other whilst holding menus. I decide I’d rather eat with company today and they look like they’re going to kill each other soon, so I head over towards them. They glance up when they sense someone approaching.

Baekhyun visibly relaxes when he sees me, but Chanyeol seems to get even tenser. I walk up to stand behind him and place my hands casually on his shoulders, wordlessly telling him to calm the heck down. “Well you’re two people I didn’t expect to see together. Mind if I join you?”

Chanyeol seems to have relaxed, obviously realising I’m not holding a grudge against him for what he said back when Tao was still in the hospital. Sure it made me angry but it’s pretty obvious he was just trying to protect me in his own way. Actually it had been useful to hear, seeing as we’d had to perform a Mission Impossible style escape from the hospital to avoid the reporters, and it would have been a disaster if we’d not known they were there in the first place.

“Sure, have a seat. We haven’t ordered yet so you’ve arrived with perfect timing. We’ve just had a drink before getting around to food.”

I nod and take a seat, my bodyguards sitting at an adjacent table, picking up a menu and scanning it whilst saying, “So, how come you’re here… together…?” That sounded way weirder than I’d planned but thankfully Baekhyun doesn’t seem to think so.

“I’m currently teaching Chanyeol how to not be a jerk.” My eyes involuntarily widen and I glance between them, carefully watching them. Chanyeol opens his mouth as if to say something but closes it after Baekhyun shoots him a glare and simply settles for just rolling his eyes and looking back down to his menu.

I manage not to gape, somehow, and just shake my head in disbelief. “Ok… that was weird. And how long have you two being doing this?”

Chanyeol finally speaks up, saying, “Since I was an idiot at the hospital.”

I raise my eyebrows but just nod, before turning to Baekhyun. “Was it you who caused his weird exit?”

He laughs and nods as Chanyeol rolls his eyes again.

“You have no idea how weird it was for us to see him randomly stumble backwards out of the room. We didn’t see you behind him so it seemed like he’d just fallen back out of the door or something.”

I see a small smile form on Chanyeol’s face as Baekhyun laughs in some misplaced triumph.

“Shut up,” he mutters, ducking back when Baekhyun reaches out to hit him. “Don’t mutter it’s rude.” I see Chanyeol roll his eyes again. “And stop rolling your eyes, that’s also rude, not to mention irritating.” Chanyeol starts rolling his eyes before realising what he’s doing and stopping part way. He just lets out an exasperated sigh of defeat and proceeds to turn his attention back to the menu.

 

I’m filled with amusement when they both end up ordering the same thing, and start arguing about it, claiming the other copied them. I’m happy just eating and watching them as they argue. I come to the conclusion that it’s really secret affection that fuels their arguing, and that Chanyeol actually does appreciate the effort Baekhyun is putting in to whatever this is.

After finishing my food, I check my watch and decide it’s time to head back to the office. I say goodbye, promising to organise something so we can meet up, and smile as they both turn and say goodbye at exactly the same time. Baekhyun rolls his eyes, causing Chanyeol to raise his eyebrows and declare that it’s unfair that Baekhyun can do that whilst he can’t.

A grin forms on my face as I watch Baekhyun ignore his statement and start talking excitedly about this new shop that he wants to visit, and I see the smile that’s playing around Chanyeol’s lips as he watches Baekhyun talk. They compliment each other well. They really do have the potential to become close friends if they let each other come close enough.

 

(Btw they’ve been hanging out since the hospital scene which was like… a month and a half before, just adding up the random week jumps for you XD ).

 

Chanyeol’s POV

I follow Baekhyun around the clothes shop, feigning boredom but secretly enjoying myself. It’s amusing to watch his reactions when he examines the clothes. His expressions flicker along a spectrum ranging from disgust to delight.

I frown when, after a while, I notice that he never actually buys anything, instead putting everything he likes back on the rail with a barely masked regret in his eyes. “Aren’t you going to buy anything?” I ask after a while. He glances over at me and smiles brightly before shaking his head and saying, “Nope, I happen to have a rent to pay.”

“Ah…” I say, before saying on impulse, “well I can pay if you want, you should just ask.”

His eyes widen slightly before he shakes his head with a gentle smile, “thank you, but I really couldn’t. Besides, you paid for the meal.”

I frown slightly before saying, “seriously its fine.”

“Chanyeol, I… I don’t spend time with you just so I can leech off your money. I-”

I cut him off saying, “I know that, and you’re not, ok? I like hanging with you, and seriously this won’t even make a difference to my account balance so stop worrying.” I’m not as rich as Kris but I’m pretty damn close. I let out a sigh before saying, “Look, I want to buy you something, ok? Just choose one thing if you really don’t want me to spend loads on you.”

He huffs in surrender before nodding and continuing his shuffle through the racks.

As I watch him, I notice him glancing back to the same item repeatedly before forcing his gaze away and continuing his search. In the end I head over and pick it out, saying, “Hey, I think this would look good on you.” It’s a cute leather jacket with silver studs and a nice big hood with what I think is cat ears. It’s a weird but interesting design, and as I say this I actually mean it, I do think it would look good on him. “You should try it on.”

His eyes widen slightly when he sees what I’m holding and he says, “Have you seen the price tag?”

I groan and say, “I don’t care; I want to see you wear it.” I then proceed to harass him towards the changing rooms at the back. As we go he protests but eventually gives up and grabs a shirt I’d noticed him eyeing earlier. I’m about to make a sarcastic comment about how he suddenly doesn’t care about spending my money on himself, when he shoves it towards me and says, “Try this on.”

I just stare at him a moment before he says, “what? I saw it earlier and thought it would suit you.”

I hide the fact that I’m internally feeling fluffy at the thought of him actually caring enough about me to think of me at all, and just nod before we enter the changing room. The cubicles are huge quite frankly, so we just use the same one seeing as all he has to do is try on a jacket and I’m only going to be changing my shirt.

He tries his on first and it seriously looks amazing on him. I demand that he let me buy it, and his protests eventually die out as his desire to have it wins. Next he waves the t-shirt at me and I take off my jacket to hang it on a peg before taking off my shirt and hanging it next to it. I turn to take the t-shirt and smirk when we make eye contact. He rolls his eyes and waits for me to put it on. He grins in satisfaction as he makes me do a full turn, saying, “I knew it would suit you. You have to get it, it looks awesome.”

I just laugh and say “Ok. You need to take that off so I can pay for it.” He pouts slightly but complies and I just smile at the way he seems so attached to it already.

As we exit the shop, I hand him his bag containing the jacket saying, “present, for sticking around.”

He glances up at me as he takes it before smiling at me and replying, “Thank you, and surprisingly I actually like being with you, which is totally weird seeing as I used to hate you.”

I laugh as we head in the direction of the car, before saying “well I’m not surprised you hated me, I’ve never been exactly nice to people.”

He rolls his eyes, again, “That’s the understatement of the year, but I think that under your threatening exterior there’s really just a fluffy bunny waiting to come out.”

I stare at him incredulously before shaking my head and giving up on formulating a reply to that statement.

As we arrive at his apartment, both of us getting out so I can switch to the drivers side seeing as he’s practically taken ownership of my car when he’s around, it occurs to me that over the past few weeks, it hasn’t even crossed my mind that he’s gay, let alone bothered me. Even when I was shirtless with him in a cubicle it didn’t bother me. I say goodbye with a wave as he heads inside and drive off once his door is shut. My face breaks into a smile as I head home; maybe he really is good for me.

 


Ok, I'm well aware that that was basically pointless Taoris fluff at the start, and pointless Baekyeol fluff at the end but... XD
Please leave a comment <3
Love you guys and sorry for taking so long.... :/